Vade Parvis's Workshop: yet another neverending WIPs

ESB type goggles on the way:
4M4hsj3.png
Suddenly it seems to be one of the worst studied elements of the main SW costumes: there are almost no BTS photos, the original props seems to be lost, cosplayers use modern welding goggles with a roughly similar silhouette, replicas 1:1 doesn't exist, and for the action figures goggles are mostly either inaccurate or using shape of goggles from RotJ.

I used photos of the Hasbro's Black Series Veers figure as a main reference for a general shape of the goggles (since it's a only example of recreated Veers goggles that closely follows ones shown in the film) and ESB stills for details clarification.

The next will be RotJ type AT-ST pilot's goggles, I think. Fortunately, in their case there is no lack of reference material (and the shape of the goggles themselves is more obvious).

Nice!, i assume if you make the specnav they will be black instead of brown?

Also any chance to see these, or will you only do non concept art troopers?

SCAR trooper:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/4d/Kreel_stormtrooper_squad.png/revision/latest?cb=20160627184601

To be honest, initially I was very skeptical about them, judging their design by concept arts and first cover art. But after Your post, I went to become more familiar with their story arc and found that their final design is very good. Especially good is the “big guy” in power armor, in whose design I found the answer to the question of how to portray a remake of the Blaze Trooper for Imperial service.

In sum, these guys are not in the main priority — but I keep them in mind. I really want to portray some of them, while others will be easy to do by kitbashing.

As for concept art as a whole, it all mostly depends on the specific design. There are no specific formal selection criteria. The problem is that variety of interesting and useful character designs is practically non-comprehensive, and there is not much of free time and inspired mood — so author have to constantly face oneself and make an effort not to be distracted by secondary directions until the main ones are ready.

Nothing new, I'm just finally starting to move on to in-game tests:

l2U9Wzf.pngcJahj1Z.pngxmZbop7.pngENpMxMI.png3yIAJVx.png

Very sketchy and rough test, immediately revealed a number of minor visual issues requiring correction. So far, no alternative options, small parts and other things, even no shaders — purely intermediate technical test.

P.S. The reworked .glm export plugin works just perfectly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I decided to take a little break from the Imperials, and sketched out a simple model of the R4 droid a few days ago :)

HnxRmIc.png

CvRD0Ss.jpg

A mesh of the dome was made from scratch, the body is standard JO/JA one with minimal changes. The texture of the body also mostly standard (with minor tweaks of proportions — original texture turned out to be unexpectedly inaccurate in the relative position of elements.), the texture of the dome is new, as far as possible made in a similar style.

P.S. I want to make a few extra skins first before uploading the model.

I decided to take a little break from the Imperials, and sketched out a simple model of the R4 droid a few days ago :)

HnxRmIc.png

CvRD0Ss.jpg

A mesh of the dome was made from scratch, the body is standard JO/JA one with minimal changes. The texture of the body also mostly standard (with minor tweaks of proportions — original texture turned out to be unexpectedly inaccurate in the relative position of elements.), the texture of the dome is new, as far as possible made in a similar style.

P.S. I want to make a few extra skins first before uploading the model.

I love this! Droids don't get enough love in this game!

Vade Parvis and ZanderNao like this

Just decided to experiment with your imperial army models. The maskless army trooper models you made work perfectly as replacements for imperial saboteurs in game! I'd recommend that, if you ever decide to update your mod file, that you include an edited NPC file for the saboteur variants. I just remove the cloaking effect, it looked unfitting on the original saboteurs anyway.

Vade Parvis likes this
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

Are you still working on the imperial models? I would be very interested in trying them, especially the female officer.

If you are not working on them anymore, could you maybe release them as they are? It would be a shame if they never released.

Thanks!