Vade Parvis's Workshop: yet another neverending WIPs

Um, ok. Thanks.

capes are usually much shorter then cloaks, real world capes are worn off the side, usually the shoulder, and rarely ever reach past the buttocks, cloaks are how us modern-day peeps see superhero capes, usually goes somewhere nearby the ankles.

Fun fact about cloaks, if a swordsman didn't have a shield/buckler with him, he could use the cloak as a shield, it was surprisingly effective at blocking blows with a sword specifically.

the_raven likes this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everyone who follows the thread! We are alive and work is still progressing, as free time. I can say with confidence that Vade has completed the main stage of the updated version of the army helmet and is finalizing the general form of the mudtrooper helmet. Small details remain, like antennas and glasses. I have current renders, but I will not post them to avoid spoilers. Soon Vade will publish the results of the work as soon as the helmets are ready! A little more patience!

Everyone who follows the thread! We are alive and work is still progressing, as free time. I can say with confidence that Vade has completed the main stage of the updated version of the army helmet and is finalizing the general form of the mudtrooper helmet. Small details remain, like antennas and glasses. I have current renders, but I will not post them to avoid spoilers. Soon Vade will publish the results of the work as soon as the helmets are ready! A little more patience!

Great to hear! Looking forward to see what you come up with!

Anyway we'll see a specnav foece trooper?

Ill try to find an image of it today

It's on page 79 here:

http://d6holocron.com/downloads/books/WEG40029.pdf

Unfortunately, this picture is too uninformative to use as a reference. However, this description falls under the Imperial Ranger, with similar tasks. Sabotage, penetration, etc. He will, definitely. But we still have to make a high-quality scout trooper model to borrow its equipment.

imperial_ranger_by_daniel_skelton-dbbzn0

Perhaps we will make subspecies for the army and navy. 

Also, there are some similar tasks imperial navy stormcommando from The Force Unleashed. They are in Lt. Claim's stormtroopers packs, but since they are ports from the console version of the game, they are of poor quality. We also planned to do a remake for them.

pzc3D4u4Sec.jpg

Vade Parvis likes this

Nice!, i assume if you make the specnav they will be black instead of brown?

Also any chance to see these, or will you only do non concept art troopers?

SCAR trooper:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/4d/Kreel_stormtrooper_squad.png/revision/latest?cb=20160627184601

Force awakens concept art trooper, the one beside the phasma concept:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/4d/Starwarstfa09.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160422133732

I have to find 1 last one i saw before (imperial construction worker)

Nice!, i assume if you make the specnav they will be black instead of brown?

Also any chance to see these, or will you only do non concept art troopers?

SCAR trooper:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/4d/Kreel_stormtrooper_squad.png/revision/latest?cb=20160627184601

Force awakens concept art trooper, the one beside the phasma concept:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/4d/Starwarstfa09.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160422133732

I have to find 1 last one i saw before (imperial construction worker)

Of the concepts presented, we plan only snow flametroopers, as part of a remake of the original snowtrooper model. The rest is unlikely. Or we will not do them at all. In any case, everything will depend on the desire of Vade and only when we finish the work on the main Imperials.

Vade Parvis likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I apologize for not having any updates for a long time.

At first, I finished the main work on the OT-style cuirass at the end of August:

12QSOcj.png4AJwzcL.png2jy1mjn.png

At the base of it's breastplate, reworked and combined with the Shoretrooper's backplate from Scerendo, I plan to try to make a Mudtrooper style variant later. Also I want to create a remake of the Battlefront 2 (classic) style officer cuirass in the form of a skin for the Moodtrooper's one.

Most of the autumn, I was almost inactive, only in October one day I tried to recreate one of the lost Hapslash's skins (admiral Ozzel's face) of which only a screenshot was preserved. This is the result (first image is the original screenshot from early 2000s, the rest is my remake based on it):

g2s6gGq.jpg2NHWyUv.png

In recent days, I returned to the work on Imperials, and I can demonstrate the first results of the new helmets (OT and Solo style):

MHafHKu.png

As always, big thanks to Imperial_Officer for references and comments on general outlines and details.

Notice that the goggles strap is an old abstract one, and I'm going to redo it more accurately. In addition, I want to more accurately recreate both types of tactical goggles later. I also think to save the current abstract version as classic Battlefront style option.

P.S. Thanks to this great update of the old mrwonko's Blender .glm exporter that was recently published at JKHub, work on player models has become much easier and much more enjoyable. No more torture with exporting custom vertex normals!

To make it clear how much easier it is to compile the model now. Previously, to get a model with the correct custom normals, not the mess with ugly shading and lots of unwanted seams, I had to:
1. transfer mesh with correct normal data into 3dsMax as .obj;
2. export .glm from Blender, without correct normals, but with skeleton and weight data;
3. open "incorrect" .glm in Max and manually save weight data from each mesh object into external files (later I began to use the first step of this script for that);
4. manually load external weight data for each object with the correct vertex normals transferred from blender via the .obj;
5. save model as .xsi, and manually rewrite names of tag objects names before that;
6. compile .glm model with correct custom vertex normals from .xsi in Assimilate (and without a detailed explanation provided by Asgarath83 and his configured copy of this program, I simply could not use it).
All this was turning final assembly of the model into torture, completely eliminated the possibility of fast compiling and testing in the game of unfinished WIP models and was just terribly demotivating.

• 4 weeks later...
Little progress on concepts.

Laser trooper:

gPcPGCZ.jpg

I finalized the design, now I am thinking out how to convert a mudtrooper jacket into a coat.

AT-DT Driver

jwSxBiR.jpg

AT-DT drivers are stormtroopers, trained to drive AT-DT walkers. In the film Solo, stayed behind the scenes. In Force Arena and Pinball FX3 were embodied in a less similar form. Also, the driver could be seen on a poster in the Corellia spaceport. 

In Force Arena and Pinball FX3:
T5GgQSU.jpge3bP8ly.png

Corellia spaceport:
JZzfWfP.png

Very simple to implement, just need to make a back shield for the helmet with a rim and put it on the stormtrooper DT85 helmet. By the way, I wonder who would port the AT-DT Walker model from Binball FX3 to JA, with a working seat for the player and the NPC? Our AT-DT driver needs a job!)

Knee length officer's tunic and army troopers in greatcoat:

ApxfOSg.jpg

Hello there! I announce the beginning of work on ballistic goggles for the commander’s helmet of General Veers, the AT-AT commanders and field officers. We rummaged through a lot of references to find the most reliable ones close to the film, therefore, we guarantee that the accuracy will be as close as possible to the film. Stay tuned to learn about progress!

Noodle likes this