Vade Parvis's Workshop: yet another neverending WIPs

sJWsS.gif

Seriously, this is all awesome! It's about time we get more Imperials to play with! I'm imagining SP missions with all these guys, or making some films in JA again after all these years (machinimas).

If we can get more Rebel trooper variants, too, in this quality, bam! Proper Galactic Civil War and post-Endor era greatness.

z3filus and Imperial Officer like this

Imperial flametrooper concept (for NPC)

Oh man, that's awesome! I almost wish all these concepts were modeled now and I even had all these Imperials in Battlefront 2 (2005 version) for the mod I'm working on, because these look amazing (obviously take your time, this is just me fawning over the work being done). Love me some flametroopers! Some hot stuff right there.  ;) *suggestive eyebrow raise* Keep up the great work you two!

Oh man, that's awesome! I almost wish all these concepts were modeled now and I even had all these Imperials in Battlefront 2 (2005 version) for the mod I'm working on, because these look amazing (obviously take your time, this is just me fawning over the work being done). Love me some flametroopers! Some hot stuff right there.  ;) *suggestive eyebrow raise* Keep up the great work you two!

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

@@Vade Parvis

Wait, you did all this by yourself? I know, you've ported one helmet and used some of the models made by Raven, but at least you added content made from scratch.

This is madness! I've always wanted to see something like that, especially during a time where porting has become a standard.

Eh, I wouldn't say it's a standard, there are just so few skilled modelers today that either are on hiatus, or have retired, that we don't see much models today. Those that are around who can model and do consistently release stuff just opt not to model things because they consider their models to be inferior to a port, and thats what most people agree with.

Stuff like this, though, is fantastic, and it's one of the things that keep JKHub as the standard for Outcast and Academy mods.

Vade Parvis and JAWSFreelao like this
  • 3 weeks later...

Still around, Vade?

Yes, still around :)Just wanted to share the December news, but I was not lucky enough to get sick on the New Year and was ill all the New Year's holidays and more.

Recently, I was working on a skirt version of the female officer. To date, only the bottom of a tunic adapted for a weigths of standard JA female legs is ready (the current version is not optimal, I'll still try to change it's topology based on JA jedi clothes). The skirt itself is not ready even in a draft version (however, wearing of slightly lengthened imperial tunics as a dresses, without trousers or skirts, even was once depicted in EU sources).

NVc9lXt.pngumNUnbS.png7LYn18M.pngx3WYsuO.png

Also I tried to model some neutral high-heeled shoes as an option for the formal military uniform, for non-military personnel wearing simillar unirorms (imperial holonet reporters, Star Tours-like space liner crews etc.) and possible future variations of random civillians:

PQUb8BJ.png

VERY rough draft of a connection with basic JA legs, made in several minutes. I think to change one of the standard boots meshes and retexture it to depict a bare leg, and use this variant with that shoes.

vxsdWCP.png

Also recently I tried to start work on a one little-known droid from the TPM (for the Mark2 skeleton):

602vYBC.png

Jeff, Kualan, krkarr and 5 others like this
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WIP Concepts Update

Rangetroopers customization

qmYQjtvYBOw.jpg

Mudtroopers

AAXPBoMhIKs.jpg

xgCy1zHxwU4.jpg

Mudtrooper customization:

Base and Landing trooper

MKuP5I-kf-A.jpg

Engineer and Medic

P_UYaO6DoXY.jpg

Navy trooper and Heavy Navy trooper

cFBYsOwcPac.jpg

Combat Driver and AT-ST driver

(AT-DT, AT-PT, AT-DP, AT-ST, AT-MP, AT-KT)

hX71rcW9HLM.jpg

Perimeter security (Army trooper) R1 trenchoat

r-3Sr4lPDt8.jpg

Lasertrooper

3ekTD2odySc.jpg

Other

Vader's Death Division Trooper

6WXfjCdQ8F0.jpg

UbGGs1oQ23Y.jpg

EVO Deathtrooper

SPynMSl0l0A.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Vade! Is there any progress on this new Imperial pack? :) All models and even concepts are looking really tasty!

Thank You! :) Sorry, I'm procrastinating slowpoke. But, in any case, there is some progress: I'm finished mesh of the new (more detailed and accutate than old MST's one and unificated with with officer-type meshes and textures) variant of jumpsuit, and now working of it's texture:

fnDatuz.pngzhzv9PK.pngQmPqGhd.png

I'm also partially reused old MST's texture because of it's great pattern of wrinkles which looks just fine if you mix it with additional layers.

High heels in star wars? You're out of your mind :lol: :lol:

But why not? :) Imperial uniform style usually refers to some kind of generalized old-fasioned military. So, in the context of styling, skirts or dresses and a unobtrusive high heeled shoes can be appropriate for a formal (or everyday for a cabinet work) uniform.

0tw028F.jpgF07FQ6p.jpg

Tompa9, Wasa and z3filus like this
  • 3 weeks later...

Some progress for now:

Done a texture for legs of a fly suit:

QJmOYMK.png

Reworked geometry and topology of a heavy armor:

6xOxQ2N.png

Yes, I thought about it. I think I'll try to do this helmet sometime later, along with my old AT-DP pilot's helmet, which requires a complete rework. So far I want to finish the most basic versions of armor and uniforms, which are almost finished and idle for nothing for a long time.

Wasa, z3filus, Kualan and 2 others like this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'd remove the capes since they aren't too functional for a bodyguard

I think they're rather cool, though maybe a variant without the capes would be cool too. These look to be among the Imperial Army's elite troopers, maybe matching that of a Deathtrooper. My interpretation anyways. It's always good seeing more of the Imperial Army.

Delmi likes this