Custom quick stormtrooper helmet (Done for a break and fun) (W.I.P)

After picking away at Kanan the past month and a half I decided just to take a quick break for a day or so and have some fun designing and getting used to the pipeline for Jedi Academy before I move back onto Kanan.

Spent the day so...roughly 6/7 hours on this in total I had gotten alot further along but yeah ...Dont forget to save kids!  :lol:  :mellow:

I designed the helmet mostly from my mind I used the original art for the Storm trooper as a big inspiration and while I'm far from done as you can tell I'm starting to like it. I should have it in the game and ready for download by...Okay I'm going to say Wednesday latest as i need to to get a move on and finish my Kanan project.

Any ideas/changes post them up, cheers!  :winkthumb:

RZFWXBI.png

Lancelot, DT85, therfiles and 9 others like this

Looks like a cross between the Shoretrooper and the First Order Stormtrooper. Awesome!

This could not only be good replacement for the Stormtroopers, but also for the Swamptrooper.

Stormtrooper? Swamptrooper?

c7NJRa2.gif

Sounds fine to me might look cool with like a camo pattern when i get the chance ill clean up the surfaces and see if I can come up with anything thanks for the idea!

After picking away at Kanan the past month and a half I decided just to take a quick break for a day or so and have some fun designing and getting used to the pipeline for Jedi Academy before I move back onto Kanan.

Spent the day so...roughly 6/7 hours on this in total I had gotten alot further along but yeah ...Dont forget to save kids!  :lol:  :mellow:

I designed the helmet mostly from my mind I used the original art for the Storm trooper as a big inspiration and while I'm far from done as you can tell I'm starting to like it. I should have it in the game and ready for download by...Okay I'm going to say Wednesday latest as i need to to get a move on and finish my Kanan project.

Any ideas/changes post them up, cheers!  :winkthumb:

RZFWXBI.png

Rly Like this helmet! Cant wait for You to make something with it ;) (You want it .. It is truth.. DEW IT!)

Liam likes this

Hey peeps!   :)

Sorry for late response/release I'm working on the helmet at the moment getting the main parts sorted before I add in all the little gizmo's.

Have to clean up some normal map issues that happens during the baking of such a low poly mesh (756 tri aiming for abit lower maybe 450/500).  

Sorry I did not get it sent out for Wednesday like I said kinda fell asleep after work/gym but should be up on the site soon .

I'm probably going to just lay on top of a storm-trooper body just so people who want to use it can have a guide on proportions.

Turning out to be a really educational experience getting to grips with this process as I usually just use sketchfab for my stuff but delighted people might get to use rather than just rotate around it in a viewer for a change. :lol: 

15JFy5o.jpg 

The Punisher, on 23 Jun 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

snapback.png

Looks great. Form some reason reminds me of...

Love them designs never seen them before but love them sharp lines/tactical look. 

I hope to get some interesting results for you guys.

If I had more time/experience I would do the full suit and armor guns like that.

Only thing I dont like is the little fin on the helmet  in my eyes it starts looking like a baseball cap with not much room to look up/down with eyes.

but who knows maybe soon I'll take on a cool challenge like that as I get faster/better.  :winkthumb:

The Punisher likes this

Okay guys should have the helmet up tonight sorry for the delay!

Great bit of learning was had on this one.

wLq3gQ6.jpg

jo9vg0G.jpg

Wait.. ehe.. EHEHEEHEEHE AHAAHAHAHAAHAHAH WAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAhh.....

*model for fun* ... Are You F#$@ing KIDDIN US?  This is EPIC

ZanderNao likes this

give it a proper handmade retopo instead of auto decimation to get rid of some wierd projections in your bakes.
I'd also do a retopo of the helmet with added control loops for Subdivision Hard surface modeling, this will give you much cleaner edges and helps avoid the clayie, smudged look at the backside edges of the helmet.

ZG9lxRA6R_WBAOu6Tq_laA.png

clearly visible in this screenshot from your SP 2d view

Langerd likes this
  • 1 year later...

In fact, the hasn't been active in any social network since mid-2018.

Every now and then I think about the possibility that someone in the community could drop dead out of nowhere and there'd be no way for us to find out. 

As macabre as it sounds, there may be some truth behind that. Not that something serious has happened to him, but I assume that he simply prefered his personal life over modding. And as a recent example in another topic shows,

it's important to choose personal life over anything.

Personally, I don't see people here as "content makers" that work 24/7 on a project. We're not talking about machines after all. Many aren't aware that actual people are behind those projects.

Whatever happened to Liam, I hope he's alive and well, facing the ups and downs we all have in our lives. And if he feels the need to return to the community, then so be it.

Noodle and Tompa9 like this