Which Star Wars Film Has Your Favorite Soundtrack?

Honesty, I'm gonna have to go with The Phantom Menace on this one. 

"Duel of Fates" alone is so impressive and evocative, and so powerful. 

So, which of the soundtracks takes the cake for you? And, really, at least we can all agree on something... whichever soundtrack it is that we love the most, John Williams is the fuckin' man!

NumberWan and Smoo like this

I can't have a favorite soundtrack since every film has something that I like a lot. Although, some of my favorite star wars pieces weren't done by John Williams, and should we limit ourselves only to the films?

One of my favorite pieces is in ROTS

The OST for Rogue One was quite good too. 

And in the television series, I really liked the soundtrack for the final Ahsoka episodes in TCW.

Knights of The Old Republic II has a very good OST composed by Mark Griskey, far better than anything in any other game.

Revenge of the Sith, by far. Back when the movie came out in 2005, I wasn't really into much music at the time, but I was obsessed with Star Wars, and that soundtrack was in my portable CD player 24/7. I carried that CD like it was my own child.

The prequels in general had the better soundtracks. My next 2 favorites would be AOTC and TPM. The original films had good ones, but definitely not as good. They improved as the films went on I think, though TFA's soundtrack isn't quite as good as the prequels, I like it more than the originals.

And yes, KOTOR2 has my favorite video game soundtrack, definitely. So great.

Revenge of the Sith, by far. Back when the movie came out in 2005, I wasn't really into much music at the time, but I was obsessed with Star Wars, and that soundtrack was in my portable CD player 24/7. I carried that CD like it was my own child.

The prequels in general had the better soundtracks. My next 2 favorites would be AOTC and TPM. The original films had good ones, but definitely not as good. They improved as the films went on I think, though TFA's soundtrack isn't quite as good as the prequels, I like it more than the originals.

And yes, KOTOR2 has my favorite video game soundtrack, definitely. So great.

This! 'Revenge of the Sith'. It's a no-contest, honestly. "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan" was just the perfect soundtrack for that battle and set the tone, so well. Not saying that any of the other Star Wars movies didn't, in their respective era/moments. But for me, 'Revenge of the Sith' was pretty much when Star Wars soundtracks were at the height of their time.

Sure, the new Disney/Lucasfilm movie/s that are out and the following ones that are already in the pipeline will be spectacular, too. But 'Revenge of the Sith', still being my favourite Star Wars movie (out of all of them) has so much emotion to it and really delivers and helps immerse you in the scenes, better than any of the previous films. Take the Jedi Temple march, during "Order 66", for example.. Such a powerful soundtrack that really conveys what's going on.

There's not much about that film (if anything, at all) that I don't like. Say what you will about the Prequels (everyone has their own opinion) but that was definitely the best and strongest one.

Circa likes this

This! 'Revenge of the Sith'. It's a no-contest, honestly. "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan" was just the perfect soundtrack for that battle and set the tone, so well. Not saying that any of the other Star Wars movies didn't, in their respective era/moments. But for me, 'Revenge of the Sith' was pretty much when Star Wars soundtracks were at the height of their time.

Sure, the new Disney/Lucasfilm movie/s that are out and the following ones that are already in the pipeline will be spectacular, too. But 'Revenge of the Sith', still being my favourite Star Wars movie (out of all of them) has so much emotion to it and really delivers and helps immerse you in the scenes, better than any of the previous films. Take the Jedi Temple march, during "Order 66", for example.. Such a powerful soundtrack that really conveys what's going on.

There's not much about that film (if anything, at all) that I don't like. Say what you will about the Prequels (everyone has their own opinion) but that was definitely the best and strongest one.

Revenge of the Sith is one of the best Star Wars films, if not the best one. John Williams was at his peak when he made the soundtrack for that movie and it's the only one that allowed him to play with a very diverse amount of themes. It has space opera adventures, military marchs, drama and so much more that wasn't explored in any of the other films. 

OobidoobBenubi likes this

Very difficult to answer. ) I have official soundtrack on CDs for Episode I and II, but they don't include all of the tracks. The Original Trilogy has their perfect motives, which I absolutely admire as remixes in Dark Forces II, where they sound differently (being recomposed), but keep the general atmosphere of the Galactic Empire within the game and the timeline.

Episode I was probably the first film, which captivated me with music and introduced John Williams for me (with all of his wonderful scores for very different films). While playing TPM video game, I fell in love with very motives from Episode I, however the game had several tracks, which weren't in the official album. And Duel of the Fates is indeed memorable.

Episode VII wasn't that generous in soundtrack, but still introduced Rey's theme, which is one of my favourites now. For Rogue One Michael Giacchino scored the music, a composer, which I better know for his terrific music for Lost TV series. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

for the movies, Empire Strikes Back.

so eerie with this atonic strings, so very classic and powerful with absolutely propulsive action cues and a new host of incredible and memorable themes to the Star Wars universe (Yoda's theme, the Imperial March, Lando's Palace, Han Solo and the Princess). there are also just moments of pure triumph which are unheard in anything other than Star Wars such as the fanfare as Yoda lifts the X-wing, those upbeat moments in action cues like the Mynock Cave and the Asteroid Field.

in terms of the games, KOTOR 2. its so wonderfully Star Wars yet with a very palpable and consistent atmosphere that sets it apart from regular John Williams. the pieces are pure dark magic and convey the perfect soundscape of a game set far before the start of the movies.