Converting Elite Force models to Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy - Is that possible?

Yeah, it might sound ridiculous in a Jedi Knight dedicated website to talk about something related to a Star Trek game, especially from a Star Wars fan like me.

But because Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy and Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force share the same engine (albeit with slight modifications), I thought it might be a legitimate question to ask:

Is it possible to convert the models from Elite Force to Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy? I'm asking this because the Elite Force community has spawned some impressive content,

which might not be on par with the Jedi Knight community, but still. The FileFront page had lots of interesting content, even Star Wars related, but is no longer available.

I once requested a Dalek model a while ago. Because it was already made for Elite Force, I thought it would be easier to convert it rather than do it from scratch.

http://www.nexusmods.com/startrekvoyagereliteforce/mods/724/?

Also, somebody made an R2-D2 model that looks superior to the one seen in the Jedi Knight games. Even if it was made in 2004, it's still impressive.

http://www.nexusmods.com/startrekvoyagereliteforce/mods/741/?

And some screenshots:

66541_1.jpg

31546_1.jpg

Smoo likes this

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: Like @@DT85 was saying, the STEF skeleton, while it may be in a similar A-pose to the Jedi Knight skeleton it is a simpler skeleton (less bones).

You can use my 3dsMax maxscript dotXSI importer to import the STEF characters (any of them). They will come skinned to dummy helpers with their animations. You can do a batch import as well. However, if you want to compile them as-is for a Jedi Knight NPC. You will need to use Notpad++ and do a wildcard search/replace... search for "grand_pappy*" and replace it with "model_root". This will result in all XSI files being ready to compile with Assimilate and Carcass v2.2.

By doing this I was able to recompile the full klingon (using Malon's root.xsi and all klingon male animations) as a JK Ghoul2 GLM/GLA and it played perfectly in ModView. BUT I used the imported STEF skeleton.

If you only want the STEF meshes skinned to the JK skeleton and using only JK animations. Then you only need to tweak all the root.xsi files for each character. To get it onto the JK skeleton you will need to do an extra step in 3ds Max after importing...

Use my transfer skin weights maxscript to transfer the mesh skin weights onto the JK skeleton. You will have to tweak the skinning since there are more bones in the JK skeleton. All scripts/tools are available in the file utilities section.