Hello all! And a question!

Hey guys, i'm new here. So I figured an introduction + a question belonged in the general discussion category.

I remember in the past, I transferred JKA models to JK2, or maybe it was only the other way around.

I seem to remember changing something in the model_default script, but I can't seem to find it.

Am I just going blind of old age, or was it something else?

Thanks all :)

You're being awfully vague...You seem to remember? You sure it wasn't just a dream? :rolleyes:

Again, "changing something" - what exactly?

Every character (and object? :huh:) has a model_default file, and each has a different amount of information, depending on the model and it's bits and pieces.

If you're just looking for model_default.skin, it's located in "assets1.pk3 (or assets0.pk3, depending on your game copy) -> models -> players -> (character name folder, i.e. Reborn)". From here, you choose what you want to edit. Do you want to remove his flaps? His hood? That's what you can edit, at least, as far as I know. Some models are more complex though, having more bits that can be added, removed, changed.

That's all I can think of at this rate.

SuperJoule likes this

Its not something you can just add to the .skin file, you have to re-pose the model onto the JKA skeleton to work 100% properly. It's a lot easier to do that nowadays with Blender. But also, any JK2 model works mostly fine in JKA. Only thing you may need to fix is the .surf files, if they have any. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

.surf files are needed in JK2 to turn off model parts, but in JKA those parts are turned off in the .skin files themselves. So to ensure the model works properly, you have to take the things turned off in the .surf and turn the off in the .skin files instead.

If its JKA models to JK2, same as my first statement: they need to be re-posed the JK2 skeleton.

And like Smoo said, the JK2MV project allows JKA models to work properly in JK2 MP.

Raz0r, SuperJoule and Smoo like this