rocket trooper - jetpack effect on the _humanoid player model

Go to solution Solved by Jeff,

Ok ! So .. as long i remember i was checking player models ones for how tags are made and how they are named in overall.. I found out that Boba Fett model has extra tags for his jetpack and flamethrower (i remember jetpack .. i could be wrong about the second tho). After that i wanted to check how it was made for the non _humanoid models. I mean - rockettrooper hazardtrooper etc. Now i want to make someone use jetpack ... and i have on my mind this thought :

- If the Boba has special tags for jetpack .. and they have names for the game to load the fire effect what will happen if i will add the tags from the rockettrooper model to the normal _humanoid AND make npc file that use CLASS_ROCKETROOPER?

My point is that - The game loads effect with the class and tag names or is there something else?

Ok ! So .. as long i remember i was checking player models ones for how tags are made and how they are named in overall.. I found out that Boba Fett model has extra tags for his jetpack and flamethrower (i remember jetpack .. i could be wrong about the second tho). After that i wanted to check how it was made for the non _humanoid models. I mean - rockettrooper hazardtrooper etc. Now i want to make someone use jetpack ... and i have on my mind this thought :

- If the Boba has special tags for jetpack .. and they have names for the game to load the fire effect what will happen if i will add the tags from the rockettrooper model to the normal _humanoid AND make npc file that use CLASS_ROCKETROOPER?

My point is that - The game loads effect with the class and tag names or is there something else?

in AI_bobafett about boba_flying function there are specified setted hardcoded field about the start of jetpack effect when start to fly and stop jetpack effect when landing and boost off jetpack (i have not again found where in the code is the disapperaing of effect when rockettroooper die)

I'm confident that if you give a normal _humanoid model the jetpack tags from the rocket trooper and make him class_rockettrooper, he will fly and the effects will play accordingly. The worst thing that I can imagine will happen is what happens to the mandalorian NPCs with Boba Fett class that don't have the proper tags, the effect plays from below their feet. 

Langerd likes this
  • Solution

I'm confident that if you give a normal _humanoid model the jetpack tags from the rocket trooper and make him class_rockettrooper, he will fly and the effects will play accordingly. The worst thing that I can imagine will happen is what happens to the mandalorian NPCs with Boba Fett class that don't have the proper tags, the effect plays from below their feet. 

You could just copy the tags from Boba Fett onto whatever model you want to use the jetpack.

Langerd likes this

You could just copy the tags from Boba Fett onto whatever model you want to use the jetpack.

It goes with all tags i believe. The cool thing is that we can add more diffrent ones.. dont know for sure how the game will load them.

I wonder if someone could do this for R2D2? :winkthumb:

It is possible but it also requires some animations work.