Movie Duels Original Trilogy

ive been playing Movie duels for a while now, and i wanted more. I searched through everywhere for something similar. But, i stumbled across something. I dont know if anyone knows about it, but the developer of Movie Duels 2, Jediwill, was actually working on a version with the original trilogy. However, he stopped. I dont know why, but thats not my question. My question is, could someone who has experience in modding finish it? There is a demo of it which has the duel from A New Hope. Also, if no one wanted to finish it, would I need permission from someone to do it myself? I just want Movie Duels to be even bigger than it already is.

yeyo JK and Smoo like this

Well we had begun work on an even bigger project, that would include missions spanning the battles and situations outside of just the duels from the entire saga. It's a huge project though, and not many people were interested in helping out.

tbh, making duels happen in this game isn't all that hard. And frankly kinda boring to play compared to other things you could recreate from the films. But you would need to learn mapping and ICARUS scripting to pull it off properly.

There are small parts of what this version 2 of MD could be. Maybe the easiest way is to use the Movie Duels 1 and just make a huge revamp of the mod based on the OT? Not sure if that would help you

Yeah there are many characters from the OG in the actual game files. All I need to do now is try to add maps, levels, characters, menus, and probably much more. The only problem is that i don't have that much experience in modding. I could really use some help, but I highly doubt many people actually want to help with this.

I've actually got the pk3 file for the demo of TOT mod. The file includes the basics of what I'll need to actually pull this off. I actually found some cool stuff, including some textures for the Carbon Chamber, Jabba's palace, and the second Deathstar. The big issue here is that these aren't all of the textures that I would need to complete it. Like Jabba's Palace for example. It only has like five or six textures in it.

i also looked through some of my other mods, and realized that KOTF 2.1 has all that i need mapwise.

Edited by eliijaah

If I could help you in this project, I would gladly do it but I am not so experienced. I'd love to see finally a mod for JKA that is based on the original trilogy (the classic one, without all the cgi/special editions that were added), because I am tired of all the prequel mods, not that I don't enjoy them, but...still OT is something that will look good.

If I could help you in this project, I would gladly do it but I am not so experienced. I'd love to see finally a mod for JKA that is based on the original trilogy (the classic one, without all the cgi/special editions that were added), because I am tired of all the prequel mods, not that I don't enjoy them, but...still OT is something that will look good.

That's relieving to know. So, what exactly do you think you could help with? The thing i'll probably need most is someone who could help with actually adding menus and missions to MD2.

I am just going on a break with my solo project for about 2 months from today since we finished the debut album and need some time to rest our ears until our singer is on tour with his other band this summer. So I would be able to get some scores for the missions if you consider to use something new, instead of covers based on SW themes, something new original and that is not 100% in the SW universe, but still gets you in the atmosphere. Other than that, I could give provide you with few kitbashed/frankensteined models if you are interested, but if you like to use models made entirely from scratch it will take more time, because other people in here, that can do this will need time to produce every model you will need. Be patient and I am sure some good scripters/coders and modellers/mappers will assist you :)

eliijaah likes this

I am just going on a break with my solo project for about 2 months from today since we finished the debut album and need some time to rest our ears until our singer is on tour with his other band this summer. So I would be able to get some scores for the missions if you consider to use something new, instead of covers based on SW themes, something new original and that is not 100% in the SW universe, but still gets you in the atmosphere. Other than that, I could give provide you with few kitbashed/frankensteined models if you are interested, but if you like to use models made entirely from scratch it will take more time, because other people in here, that can do this will need time to produce every model you will need. Be patient and I am sure some good scripters/coders and modellers/mappers will assist you :)

Thank you for your help, but as of right now I think the music i could get. There are some models that I think I could just get permission and download for use. Im pretty sure that the maps are all actually in the files for KOTF (which I have).