New Music for Escape: Yavin IV modification  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of new Soundtrack should Escape Yavin IV have?

• 80's Metal / Rock covers of Star Wars OT soundtrack
    • Retro Synth Wave covers of Star Wars OT soundtrack
    • Remastered versions of the original Star Wars OT soundtrack
    • The same Star Wars OT soundtrack just with not so many repetitive cues

So I've already posted about my revamping the Escape Yavin IV singleplayer mod into something very fresh and enjoyable. Part of this huge overhaul is the music for the mod.

I've taken it on to make this a mod with pure nostalgia combined with never before seen locations / experiences. It is supposed to feel like a uniquely separate game from JO and JA.

Therefore the feel, the essence, the music, must be totally different, or at least flow differently. So what do you all think?

I've already contacted this group here with requests to do more covers of other Star Wars selections (namely action cues), Scandroid, they are pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY5WE66YKcU

If any of you have seen my channel you'll see that I've already transcribed Williams' scores myself, although I am only a pianist, not that great at making retro wave.

Does anyone know any artists who would be open to the idea of collaborating with me on the soundtrack for this mod?

Smoo likes this

Yeah, I know what you mean. I mainly use the rock covers for the Multiplayer Maps and the Menus. As I said, it really does depend on the mood of the mod. My Rebel Conversion Mod (That I probably won't release any time soon, if at all) is inspired by all sorts of mods, especially MBII. So the rock covers make sense there :)

I figured that an 80's theme would do good especially because its a video game. Just for something new. Although I do have the remastered soundtrack for my JA Single Player mod that I can implement for this one. I may add several pk3's with each soundtrack on it for whoever likes what... up in the air still.

i Know this isnt the best answer or related but its definetly useful,i have every single Star Wars In game FX an dialog even latest BF's.So if Anyone if looking for specific taunts or SFX let me know