Bad Star Wars Games?

Are you aware of the Sith Lords Restoration Project and/or have already played it, Eez? If not, I HIGHLY recommend you do.

Is it completely (or mostly) bug free yet? I've tried it twice and both times either crash many times throughout the playthrough or just random bugs occur.

I hated the boring, repetitive combat in KOTOR and Jedi Academy ruined the good combat from JK2 and added a campy story. I really wasn't blown away by the story in KOTOR, but KOTOR2 did a lot better of a job but it was incomplete. In my mind I put KOTOR2 definitely above KOTOR but they're both "meh" to me.

I really like Kotor 2, but I was never a fan of the combat. Those games make guns always feel so innocuous, the blasters have no real impact nor seem to produce any harm to the people getting shot at. Sometimes fighting in those kind of games is as fun as watching spreadsheets in excel. 

TheWhitePhoenix and Circa like this

I hated the boring, repetitive combat in KOTOR and Jedi Academy ruined the good combat from JK2 and added a campy story. I really wasn't blown away by the story in KOTOR, but KOTOR2 did a lot better of a job but it was incomplete. In my mind I put KOTOR2 definitely above KOTOR but they're both "meh" to me.

KOTOR stands out for the characters and not just for the story. And it is impossible for JA to have ruined the good combat of JO when JA combat is the refined JO combat.

KOTOR stands out for the characters and not just for the story. And it is impossible for JA to have ruined the good combat of JO when JA combat is the refined JO combat.

The hate with JA combat is the katas and other animations that lock the character from movement, combos in JO didn't lock character movement unless playing on mp 1.04

Zefilus, do some also play CS:CZ (Condition Zero)? I remember playing the SP campaign (Deleted Scenes) and I thought "Wow, they had something going here with this."

Oooh, yes, yes, yes! Loved the SP campaign for CZ! Was really hoping they'd stick to this kind of stuff, but alas, CS is supposed to be an arena-type shooter. <_<

From what I read, many people didn't like CZ's multiplayer because the weapons were overpowered or whatnot - right, as if you could just walk away from having a frag grenade explode in your face like you can in all the other CS games. -_-

Eh, what can you do?

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Oooh, yes, yes, yes! Loved the SP campaign for CZ! Was really hoping they'd stick to this kind of stuff, but alas, CS is supposed to be an arena-type shooter. <_<

From what I read, many people didn't like CZ's multiplayer because the weapons were overpowered or whatnot - right, as if you could just walk away from having a frag grenade explode in your face like you can in all the other CS games. -_-

Eh, what can you do?

I would definitely say Deleted Scenes SP campaign experiment was a success. It's just too bad they never improved upon it, but then again, it's better if they didn't try going down the CoD/Battlefield route. If CS is multiplayer at heart, and if it works, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.