Bad Star Wars Games?

Kinda wish they made more games with the EP3 engine. That was a unique experience and I wish there was more.

Great game. The one problem was that the whole campaign wasn't cooperative. It seemed like the perfect game to enjoy with two people. I get why it wasn't, but there at least should have been free play versions of the levels with two main characters.

Great game. The one problem was that the whole campaign wasn't cooperative. It seemed like the perfect game to enjoy with two people. I get why it wasn't, but there at least should have been free play versions of the levels with two main characters.

The version for Game Boy Advanced allowed you to play cooperative missions with a friend. It was a great game both for Game Boy and PS2

OobidoobBenubi and Smoo like this

I both have a soft spot for and really don't like The Phantom Menace video game, which I think was only for the PC. It came out around the same time as the movie, back in '99 or so.

It was fun and I did enjoy it, but it also was just a sucky game. Maybe it's some mixture of nostalgia and actual appraisal giving me that feeling. 

I both have a soft spot for and really don't like The Phantom Menace video game, which I think was only for the PC. It came out around the same time as the movie, back in '99 or so.

It was fun and I did enjoy it, but it also was just a sucky game. Maybe it's some mixture of nostalgia and actual appraisal giving me that feeling. 

It was for PC and PS1, yeah. How was it bad, exactly? I thought it was epic, even today. It had puzzles and a very open atmosphere. And was pretty difficult at times.

The version for Game Boy Advanced allowed you to play cooperative missions with a friend. It was a great game both for Game Boy and PS2

The PS2 and Gameboy versions were extremely different games though. I actually didn't like the Gameboy version because of the cartoon style of it. The PS2 version would extremely good though. They expanded on scenes from the movie in such a cool way, and the combat was pretty fun.

This is a thread about "bad" Star Wars games, but one of my favorite SW games of all time is the Gameboy Advanced game from the AOTC era, A New Droid Army. ​That was suuuuch a good game. The saber combat was really cool because you felt like your saber was a deadly weapon, killing enemies in one or two hits (aside from bosses). And the story was really cool. I wanted to remake it JKA really bad, perhaps as part of the Star Wars Saga mod or something, but no time.

I still fire up an emulator and play through it every couple of years.

Smoo likes this

It was for PC and PS1, yeah. How was it bad, exactly? I thought it was epic, even today. It had puzzles and a very open atmosphere. And was pretty difficult at times.

You know, to be perfectly honest, I haven't played it in... seven or eight years, I think. I had some copy that I fired up, but I'd have to dig around for it. 

I just remember it being pretty clunky and awkward, and there were some odd mechanics, both in terms of how the story functioned and how the game worked. On one hand, I definitely enjoyed myself; on the other hand, I knew the game wasn't that good. But that's how it goes, sometimes! 

You know, to be perfectly honest, I haven't played it in... seven or eight years, I think. I had some copy that I fired up, but I'd have to dig around for it. 

I just remember it being pretty clunky and awkward, and there were some odd mechanics, both in terms of how the story functioned and how the game worked. On one hand, I definitely enjoyed myself; on the other hand, I knew the game wasn't that good. But that's how it goes, sometimes! 

Well, yes. But honestly, any game from that era is going to be pretty darn clunky compared to modern games.

OobidoobBenubi and Smoo like this

The PC Version is better than the PS1 version. The PC Version at least had better graphics, the PS version actually looked like an early N64 game pushed out early.

The PC Version is better than the PS1 version. The PC Version at least had better graphics, the PS version actually looked like an early N64 game pushed out early.

I never liked the Phantom Menace and I'm sure it's because I played it on PS. The graphics were terrible on the PS1 version, even for the time it was released.

Well PS1 and N64 were the same generation, essentially. So yeah, the graphics are gonna look basically the same. PC had better graphics, true. It's all about that resolution. :P

That generation had its charm at the time, can't deny that. :D

Meh tier:

JKA

BF1 (BF2 was considerably better)

KOTOR

KOTOR2 (a bit better than the original)

Mysteries of the Sith

Bad Tier:

TFU

Kill it with Fire Tier:

TFU2

Kinect Star Wars

Don't understand the hate for Bounty Hunter, that was a pretty good game; not great, but good.

Does anyone remember Battle for Naboo? I think it was a great and fun game, though some might not agree

In my childhood I once called that game "Battle for The Earth". XD But I loved it. It's just a shame they never had a secret X-Wing ship or something as an unlockable secret cause it was based on the Rouge Squadron 1 engine.

the_raven likes this

Meh tier:

Bad Tier:

TFU

What about KotOR 2 didn't you like?

And although I can understand the disliking for TFU, I'll usually defend it. I really enjoyed that game when it came out and felt it added an interesting story to the EU, even if it wasn't great by any means. It was still good and pretty fun. 

Most people that don't like KOTOR2 don't like how incomplete it was. Even the devs admitted it was incomplete and rushed. I'd agree with the incomplete factor for sure. But I think I still like it more than the original due to the darker feel to it. Though I still adore the first one.

Does anybody have an opinion on the mobile Star Wars games? I played Uprising and really liked it untill it was killed off. Commander and Galaxy of Heroes are fun, but a bit too grindy. Force Arena has really nice models, but it's pretty boring after a couple days.

Meh tier:

JKA

KOTOR

Mysteries of the Sith

Bad Tier:

TFU

Kill it with Fire Tier:

TFU2

Kinect Star Wars

Don't understand the hate for Bounty Hunter, that was a pretty good game; not great, but good.

I love Bounty Hunter, it's one of the most under rated games imo. But BF as just meh, that game was awesome and still is, I think it's better than the second one. I guess everyone is different. 

Nah, can't really get into modern mobile games. Uprising was a cool concept but I couldn't stay engaged enough to play it long. Commander is okay but I'm not a fan of those types of games.

Just in general, grindy games are not my cup of tea. They should take the idea of Uprising and make it just a single player RPG story. KOTOR plays surprisingly well on mobile, so they could easily do something similar to KOTOR. (which is kind of what Uprising was supposed to be, but it was like an RPG with online elements I believe? not quite an MMO but almost)

Smoo likes this

In my childhood I once called that game "Battle for The Earth". XD But I loved it. It's just a shame they never had a secret X-Wing ship or something as an unlockable secret cause it was based on the Rouge Squadron 1 engine.

Ah, check this out!

Battle for Naboo includes a number of unlockable secrets. The player can unlock three bonus levels: "Trade Federation Secrets", "Coruscant Encounter" and "Dark Side". These levels are made available when the player obtains all bronze, silver or gold medals, respectively, on every level. Alternatively, they can be unlocked via password. Several craft are also available when unlocked. The Sith Infiltrator, a Swamp Speeder and an AAT may be selected when the player enters the correct passwords or achieves all gold or platinum medals, respectively, on all levels. A TIE fighter and a playable model of a 1969 Buick Electra 225 based on a car owned by the game's sound designer, Rudolph Stember, can be unlocked via password only

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Meh tier:

JKA

KOTOR

Mysteries of the Sith

Jedi Academy has one of the best melee combat systems of all games, so it can not be meh. KOTOR and KOTOR2 have very good stories and characters, so neither meh.

Jedi Academy has one of the best melee combat systems of all games, so it can not be meh. KOTOR and KOTOR2 have very good stories and characters, so neither meh.

I hated the boring, repetitive combat in KOTOR and Jedi Academy ruined the good combat from JK2 and added a campy story. I really wasn't blown away by the story in KOTOR, but KOTOR2 did a lot better of a job but it was incomplete. In my mind I put KOTOR2 definitely above KOTOR but they're both "meh" to me.

I hated the boring, repetitive combat in KOTOR and Jedi Academy ruined the good combat from JK2 and added a campy story. I really wasn't blown away by the story in KOTOR, but KOTOR2 did a lot better of a job but it was incomplete. In my mind I put KOTOR2 definitely above KOTOR but they're both "meh" to me.

Are you aware of the Sith Lords Restoration Project and/or have already played it, Eez? If not, I HIGHLY recommend you do.