Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds

Figured I'd start a topic for this game since I've been playing through it a lot recently. I'm currently trying to master the game on hard difficulty. I've gotten through most of the levels on hard difficulty, but there a few that I have yet to beat. Mainly the CIS and Republic Tatooine missions.

Yeah, the Clone Campaigns are notoriously more difficult than the base ones. Managed to get through them, but I doubt that was on hard difficulty, either easy or medium. Heck, even a moderate difficulty almost destroys me in skirmish games :P

This game often requires a lot of tactic and study to successfully pull off a successful attack. Sometimes an unconventional tactic can give you the edge over the enemy. Like for the final Republic mission on Krant for example, I learned that going through the front entrance was basically suicide so I instead first destroyed the anti-air turrets on the left side of Tann's fortress via cruisers then I sent air cruisers to clear out the tree line so my air cruisers would have clear airspace. On top of this I also walled of the edge of the island so that the CIS forces couldn't reach where my forces were and despite it being on moderate difficulty, I won the day.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, the Clone Campaigns are notoriously more difficult than the base ones. Managed to get through them, but I doubt that was on hard difficulty, either easy or medium. Heck, even a moderate difficulty almost destroys me in skirmish games :P

My issue with the CC was that the AI in the original campaign missions tended to be idle, especially in the training ones where all they'd do is collect resources and not create soldiers. Other than that I loved the game and have it installed atm.

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev