Star Wars Obi Wan

Anyone else pick up an old game like Star Wars Obi Wan and lose that rosy nostalgia from childhood? I just tried playing it and could only handle 20 minutes. The saber combat, while interesting, is just... bad. Or maybe that's the camera action I had trouble with. Plus the game is an eyesore from the original xbox era.

Good news is that I had a lot of fun with it as a child so it's still a winning game in my book.

General Howard and Smoo like this

I've never played Star Wars: Obi-Wan. It was on my list of Star Wars games I really would've played. But because I didn't own the first Xbox, I couldn't get

my hands on that.

Luckily, there are still a huge variety of Star Wars games to choose from. I was really obsessed with the The Phantom Menace game, which is probably the second most played

game on my PS1 (which is only surpassed by Metal Gear Solid). I also played Jedi Power Battles and Star Wars: Demolition, which I also had for PS1.

And Super Star Wars for Super Nintendo is something I could play over and over again. The game might be frustrating at some levels, but it's fun to play nonetheless.

I have lots of classic Star Wars games, and I can't tell which are my definitive favourites. But one thing is for sure, I had a good time playing all of them.

Circa and LucyTheAlien like this

That game is just painful to play. I forced myself to play through about half of it because no matter what I love Star Wars -- but it's just horrible.

I don't remember it being particularly bad, but it's been years since I last played it.

Probably the one thing that stands out more than the gameplay is the fact that it sounds like Obi-Wan sounds like he has a cold when he talks. That actually made the rough patches worth it, because I wanted to see how the voice actor presented "sick" Obi-Wan in the next cutscene. :D

Jeff likes this

That game is just painful to play. I forced myself to play through about half of it because no matter what I love Star Wars -- but it's just horrible.

Did you ever play Star Wars: Rebel Assault? That is probably the most painful Star Wars game to play.

It's not because of the graphics, not because of the sound. Both were decent for the time the game was released. It's about the gameplay, most particular the control.

You have better luck controlling the weather than controlling the T-16 Skyhopper in the very first chapter.

I don't want to say that the game is bad. Maybe it has some parts that makes it redeem itself. But because of the control, I couldn't make it far. I gave up after about an hour, after numerous attempts.

As mentioned above, The Phantom Menace was the primary game during the release of Episode I. At least for me. Later on there was an article in Video games magazine, describing Obi Wan video game, and it looked so promising! It was even said, the game would be released for PC. But it was never made for it. I expected it to look like the Infernal Machine in terms of adventure. The level design also looked quite good, as the magazine published shots of a Tatooine city with Jabba's palace at the distance, as well as sort of Medieval hallway with large table and tapestries (looked very much like Naboo, if you ask me).

Thanks to Youtube, I was able to have at least a look on this game. I did enjoy some things within the designs and ideas, but I guess as a game OW was quite mediocre. Though for it's usually the overall atmosphere, that matters :)

Probably the one thing that stands out more than the gameplay is the fact that it sounds like Obi-Wan sounds like he has a cold when he talks. That actually made the rough patches worth it, because I wanted to see how the voice actor presented "sick" Obi-Wan in the next cutscene. :D

"I'm not sure"

Teancum likes this

Did you ever play Star Wars: Rebel Assault? That is probably the most painful Star Wars game to play.

It's not because of the graphics, not because of the sound. Both were decent for the time the game was released. It's about the gameplay, most particular the control.

You have better luck controlling the weather than controlling the T-16 Skyhopper in the very first chapter.

I don't want to say that the game is bad. Maybe it has some parts that makes it redeem itself. But because of the control, I couldn't make it far. I gave up after about an hour, after numerous attempts.

I played that game like a mad man when I was 6 years old. Didn't really have an issue with the controls, but I used a good joystick on my computer. 

I picked it up at a garage sale maybe three years ago, and as soon as I got home I plugged in my ol' Xbox and gave it a crack...

Within five minutes, I decided to punch in some cheat codes, cream Darth Maul on the last level real quick, and then I turned it off. Haven't played it since, haha!

It was... not that good. It has it's moments, and it's got some neat mechanics, but it's very forgettable and can be pretty awkward. 

LucyTheAlien likes this