Escape Yavin IV REVAMPED

3: Hypori (if possible I would like to rename it in the completed mod, but I tried to make it match the appearance from the clone wars episode plus give it an exotic feel like a place we've never been before, I probably had about ten different textures on this planet before I ended up sticking with this one.)

In the base mod it was basically an Utapau surface texture with the Dosuun (Rax Joris level) skybox, it had some dangling flora off the city to give it a vibe of having some sense of organic presence, I eventually decided to get rid of any trace of any natural flora by making the planet very stone-like, in stark contrast to the green lush wet Yavin you spend most of the mod in.

The planet is rock and mineral heavy, but also has lakes, which can be seen from space. It's defining feature is a series of rings orbiting it, which can be seen from the surface as well. There is a greenish hue in the atmosphere and the rocks get darker as you get higher in the mountains and fade lighter the more you are to the surface, something to do with the way the atmosphere processes the local sun's burning affect on the lower more open areas than the cluttered, high razor sharp mountainous regions.

Have a look:

352y3k4.jpg

fIYUFyC.jpg

h6JldsA.jpg

jQt5g6u.jpg

the huge alliance hangar where a big battle takes place, there is a second set of maps where all the city is in ruins:

KKB7e6s.jpg

EijZdXH.jpg

inside the first courtyard of the city:

4NHs1o0.jpg

notice here the stalactites replaced the original utapau leaves hanging down, showing the strange phenomena of the Alliance's city being rock-based.

y8wsxds.jpg

looking out into the expanse

QUNBgXD.jpg

5SOgc70.jpg

GSNYngd.jpg

6aFbwod.jpg

now we move deeper into the city itself:

RAedcSN.jpg

nTZvbNi.jpg

i4UL0aN.jpg

one of the main jedi allies, a falleen species:

BXT0SVx.jpg

the battle inside the grand halls: note the architecture of the alliance combines alien and old republic themes, along with a more pure look also contrasting the nearly-demonic Sith structures

XdphYBK.jpg

another shot of the grand hall, this time with the aid of the Whipid Jedi (who replaces the Wookiee)

dkM2Ajm.jpg

outside the grand halls:

mzFzMFH.jpg

outside look of the throne room

eyF5m1E.jpg

RykfwNl.jpg

lastly, my favorite shot from the mod: really breathtaking, you can see one of the lakes that you saw from space in the sith command ship

bVNAoWD.jpg

let me know what you guys think! Still praying for a mapper to fall out of the sky to help me finish this!

Holy...shit. O_o This is just a taste of what you have been working on, I imagine.

I am working on the same type of overhaul mod for the base JA single player, but that is even harder than EY4 because of the compiling / decompiling losing entities/assets ordeal. If I could do that both of my mods would have been released already to the public. I'm an artist, much more so than a creator. I'm a king with sandbox editors but these files are a bit above my brain grade. I've already done the music for both mods, just need someone to help with scripting, and mapping.

I'm sure I started another thread here somewhere about the JA single player overhaul. To summarize, my aim is to create an entirely immersive pre-disney Star Wars experience for both fans and non fans alike, building on the existing greatness of the melee combat of JA, but adding several layers to it. Including a boss fight with a special npc in every level, minimal clone effect, new vehicles, monsters, sabers, skins, textures, effects, soundtrack, skyboxes, and more populated levels. Everything is all mapped out, just need someone to walk through the de-compiling editing and compiling process with me to make it a reality. In particular, I've successfully run through the JA SP with my additions from spawning after starting the level and its much more interesting.

The following examples currently exist as save files in one of my base folders, when I put the JK3remastered files in and open up the game I can load these SP levels and enjoy a bit of a difference:

in t1_surprise, the sandcrawler level, there are more jawas, there are also banthas to ride, moisture farmers and their droids walking around on the upper level, even a krayt dragon to fight in the tusken caves, a landspeeder to cruise around in, and a contingent of sandtroopers with one on a dewback. There is now a boss of the level, a special Tusken model fighting you with a lightsaber.

In t2_dpred, the rancor level, you actually can encounter, fight, or kill the hutt crime lord and his majordomo twi'lek, similar to jabba and bib, even feed them to the rancor if you want. There are a lot more patrons in the cantina, some will fight you, some will run away, some will ignore you, also I've added an Acklay to the Rancor arena so you are now running away from multiple beasts. I've also changed many of the guards in that level only to be gamorreans, very ROTJ-jesque feel to it.

In the t2_rogue level, the coruscant city, there are a lot of civilians walking around the platforms, floating droids whizzing by, a new skybox, and special guards for lannik racto, along with a wookiee bounty hunter as the boss fight in addition to the assassin droids.

One of my favorite modifications is the t2_trip level, where there are now herds of wild animals crossing the plains, specifically near the two water locations, but also randomly, they are all ride-able vehicles too. There are now civilians and droids in all 4 city type areas, the beginning spaceport exit, the mid-cutscene area where the snitch is shot, the arena area (now with shuttle and stormtrooper contingent), and at the end you see them in the cutscene as you leave the level.

In vjun1, I've added gundark-like enemies I made myself from a model (still waiting for a better one) that don't get hurt in the acid rain, along with several imperial tanks on the ground, and much more different types of stormtroopers cultists and reborn. Very difficult level but fun to massacre your way through with kyle.

another massive change, the t3_bounty Boba Fett level on Ord Mantell is now chock full of npcs, lots of mercenaries at each cache, who will fight both you and Boba Fett, lots of civilian aliens and droids walking around in the city too, I changed the skybox to more resemble the SOTE version of Ord Mantell (junkyard type), and its a very fast-paced level now with lots of fights and such. 

The t3_stamp, or Mutant Rancor level at the Tanaab Spaceport now has speeders and vehicles, along with the Tanaab security forces sent their guards and small armed tanks to stop the Rancor (hint they don't stop jack) lots of travelers and spaceport workers npcs just chilling about, but then it becomes like a Godzilla movie as soon as the giant rancor breaks into a new area of the spaceport as all hell breaks loose and everyone runs around frantically lol

I can give a detailed description of every level change in another post, the last one I'll mention here is the Korriban levels, there are now 3-4 times as many jedi and reborn fighting each other, with republic troops and stormtrooper variants in the fray, along with a couple of Terentateks in the tombs eating anyone who gets in their way. A full on battle. I've tested this one over a hundred times to find out the healthy limit of npc's the game can handle and have it at a point where its not overwhelming but a significant difference from the vanilla.

I just need to learn how to map and I can make both these mods a reality!

great stuff you've been showing!

weird question: are you planning on keeping some of the more goofier lightsabers like that saber mace or what ever that is. personally the dual wielding saber staffs and X staff are fine in the context of the ancient sith but the weird saber mace and the circular sabers are kind of goof and out of place with the star wars universe

also my offer still stands for providing new sounds and etc.

Thanks Basil! Yes I still want to use your help. I could give you the files but it would be a huge upload, but everything you could overwrite would just be in the vanilla anyways. You could download EY4 yourself here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/escape-yavin-iv/downloads/escape-yavin-iv-the-lost-maps

Most of the files you want to replace for voices are in EY4-->sound-->chars (characters) and cin (cinematic cutscenes)

As for the sabers, I'm not sure, the mod takes place in an alternate timeline future (30+ years post dark side ending) so instead of the Yuuhzan Vong War, the Mysterious Sith Overlord, drawn by Jaden's dark side rampage after the end of JA, is drawn to the galaxy, and he is the one who shocked the galaxy with mass genocide and resource depletion. As a side effect of the conquest though, the Sith armada blended with their conequests and some of the cultural differences are made apparent in the sabers they wield, and the armor they wear. I may not keep every single one, but the light discs and the saber axe are two that I think add more layers to fighting enemies you haven't encountered before.

Basil Bonehead likes this

in regards to the sabers, ok

as for sounds I'll try to mish mash weapon sounds from various star wars games and see what i can come up with. same with the soundsets. should i also use the ultimate weapons mods since you're using it in your screenshots?

also for voice lines, i'm going to wait before even doing anything with that since i imagine you plan on having the vast majority of the voice lines re recorded by new VA's

in regards to the sabers, ok

as for sounds I'll try to mish mash weapon sounds from various star wars games and see what i can come up with. same with the soundsets. should i also use the ultimate weapons mods since you're using it in your screenshots?

also for voice lines, i'm going to wait before even doing anything with that since i imagine you plan on having the vast majority of the voice lines re recorded by new VA's

If you want we can discuss it on discord Basil. The script doesn't need heavy re-writes, it's mostly just changing names. Also Some of the dialogue is a bit cheesy, we can change that to something more serious.

Basil Bonehead likes this

If you want we can discuss it on discord Basil. The script doesn't need heavy re-writes, it's mostly just changing names. Also Some of the dialogue is a bit cheesy, we can change that to something more serious.

i wouldn't mind discussing it over discord

PM me your discord name