Will help to help with making of a "Police Droid" Model for JA and Movie Battles 2

Dear All,

I have no experience in modding. I have no experience in asking for help. I can not really draw well I have some simple experiences with making banners/avatars/logos, cutting backgrounds, so let us say I have no experience at all.

What I would like to create:

56bfd217e75c6.pngThat one could come in handy as a reference to what we would be creating - in term of the shape precisely. Author of the above is Mr. Andre Kirk. Thank You for Your work.

The final effect might be more like:

0f4347e81b2d5.png

Model would have support for dismemberment - that is the part of fun too!

(So I saw this Droid once (and it got stuck in my head, for good) in Star Wars Clone Wars rude Maul sliced them to bits. These Droids had some interesting sounds "I want a scan of the entire perimeter", "You are coming with us", "halt" "*siren sound", "intruder", "where are You". Anyway, it would make a damn fine asset to the Trooper Class for Movie Battles. Rebels, badly need some Droids too). What can I provide as for now: I have some original sounds ready, the ones quoted earlier. I could also provide sounds to other skins you are currently working on, or refresh the sounds of an old skin. Might be even a few of them - your choice.

What else can I say to You people of JKHub...

Soldier class in MB2 is the very first step in to the game, it is a great chance to get to understand the basics and appreciate having 3 lives over next seconds (from my experience).

Having a wider choice of Soldier class characters would most certainly encourage people to loosen up a little trying so hard on Jedi and instead allow them to focus on team play as a Soldier resulting in improvement of lots of things. I can bet, Your finger, anyone of us saw that one guy saying "If You are a newcomer, do not take Jedi" do not destroy my fun dying in first 30 seconds - I am sure he meant. There is a lot of truth in that (I suck as Jedi, but I am still playing it for Kanan, Ezra and Starkiller skins as for my case and that lightsaber and powers of course, others might be picking that Jedi/Sith becuse even if it is hard to learn it is most rewarding and fun to play (also, these classes offer a quite wide choice of skins*).

Brand new face, like our little Droid would be really appreciated in a long term by new and old players alike. I am well aware we all have our lives and other things to do I would help out with something that does not include playing with models if it was possible. So if You have anything on Your mind, please share.

Please help me out - You are my only hope,

Sincerly,

K_4.

Lancelot likes this

Topic moved to Mod Requests forum.

Moved because you're asking for someone to do most of the work, from the sounds of it. If you're actually wanting to learn to model, you'll need to start looking for tutorials in both our tutorial section and on YouTube for modeling in general for the program of your choice.

k4far likes this

Well first of all, MB2 is just Jedi Academy. There's nothing special about the models for that mod.

Second, you can find hundreds of tutorials on modeling characters in 3ds Max on the internet. The only things relevant to putting them into JKA will be after you finish making the actual model. You only need to worry about that when you get to that point.

I think I will start with a Pokeball. It showed up as I was browsing tutorials. (Sounds easy enough.)

I failed once, I tried working on straight from the game Sabouter model and started by re-shaping - the head it got pretty complicated and I was stuck at getting rid of nose and mouth. Sabouter's body is way thicker than that of Droid, so given that once I have enough of tutorials I will pick some ready to go droid model like IG-88 and start with it (the problem with that droid is his lack of fingers).

Thank you for your time, means a lot.

@@k4far

This is a nice idea. And with a detailed concept artwork like that one, this model can be done easily.

The tools are available. I suggest that if you need any help with modeling, you should consult @@AshuraDX, as he has

a great knowledge of modeling and material creation.

Actually, this droid could be a nice replacement for those clumsy saber droids.

k4far likes this

I am at the moment robbing hk47 of his legs, kinda.

a8d4ece36087e.png

My issue at hand - making the edges of (red color) figure more round like in the earlier picture. I am failing to do so, for a while now... I tried selecting it with element selection, then using turbo smooth effect on it but it was still affecting whole model.

Another thing.

So I just added a cilinder for each knee as in our picture, but they are not moving along with the rest of model, as I somehow managed to move it with my mouse - it is being left on the spot (cilindrical object inside of the knee - the unselected part). I am assuming I would need to move these parts to l_leg and r_leg directories to make the model recognize it and move along with the rest?

Kuhe likes this

@@k4far Well okay - first of all I like the fact that you're working with 3ds max, as that's my program of choice too.
Before I can help you out, you'll have to tell me which plugins you are using, I'd assume your are using Scoopers GLM plugins but until I know for sureI can't give you accurate further directions :)

So I will now select each cilinder and use the "Affect Pivot Only" function to set the model to 0,0,0 (it will be in the menu on the right somewhere, I guess.)

Then, I will add an "xForm modifier" (I can pick that from Modifier List as I understand). And so, after I will click on (...) modifier and collapse all on it.

And so we are at the part I could not even touch succesfully. I tried moving some already placed things in the hierarchy and I could not, it felt like they were frozen solid. I will add both cilinders as childs of the knees. Should I name them somehow specially or can I go with anything, probably irrelevant as long as the hierarchy is alright I am assuming.

Once I have the cilinders set in my hierarchy for each leg I will add the bones - that will make them stick to the rest of the model.

I will not be dreaming of texturing as of yet. Let us stop here.

I shall try all of that tomorrow, I am not near my computer and it is quite late.

Appreciate your time.

JAWSFreelao likes this

As for effect, it is sticking to the rest now.

622db377a172e.png

f7c9235d8baea.png

For right leg at least.

With left one there is a small problem when I am moving the bones the rest of the leg is not moving along. I did it it in exact same manner as with the other one. No idea what might be the case.

871f488de929f.png

a3c5d7791dd40.png

0316bfa6680ad.png

It seems like left leg bones are not sticking to the left leg at all for some reason. Damn deep water I got myself in to *desperate laugh*.

I did not model that myself - I am not the author of anything visible here. As for what I did, I only managed to dig it up from a certain Star Wars Game that has been shut down.

Would anyone be willing to finish this?

638f76e3a96cd.png

5c9895c74fcfe.png

9563b1d61a83c.png

To do:

1. chest badge

2. rest of the head

3. skeleton frame

4. texturing

5. testing