Open source Jedi Knight in a modern engine

Because there are lots of devs that can not be contacted anymore. They simply vanished. I know this is BS and trust me, I'd love to see how much further the community could push this, but it won't happen. Please simply accept this and let it be. They tried to find everyone over a year without success. You won't change this, nor anyone else. :(

• 2 months later...

It's cool but why convert when you can use the real thing? As is the case in Layla's project?

Can you explain please?

That isn't really the point DT. It's goal is to allow existing assets plus new ones while still being in a new engine.

The final goal of this project would be replacing all old assets with new assets tho.

Can you explain please?

The final goal of this project would be replacing all old assets with new assets tho.

Layla has created a bsp renderer in ue4 for Enemy Territory. No conversion necessary. Also now supports all existing model formats as well. Now they just need to recreate the game code.

So, ideally, you'd maybe use existing maps or existing formats while you get things going in this case. Then transition to a normal ue4 created map.

Edit: existing model formats are only the ones supported by ET. (md3, mdc, mdm, mdx, mds)

afi likes this

Layla has created a bsp renderer in ue4 for Enemy Territory. No conversion necessary. Also now supports all existing model formats as well. Now they just need to recreate the game code.

So, ideally, you'd maybe use existing maps or existing formats while you get things going in this case. Then transition to a normal ue4 created map.

Ah yea, you mentioned that before. Is that available somewhere?

Ah yea, you mentioned that before. Is that available somewhere?

I don't think it is available yet. Layla works for Facepunch and is doing this on the side for a hobby. I recall them saying it might be made available if there's interest. If you'd like to contact them, you can find them on the etlegacy discord server.

afi likes this
  • 9 months later...