Mark Hamill's funny publicity stunt for charity

So I came across this video. They've rounded up a bunch of SW fans and got them to reenact some classic SW, that is until... enters Mark Hamill.

Why a publicity stunt, you might ask? Well, in the video Mark's advertising some charity gig. Still, it's ok, it's all right, there' even nifty prizes!

Since when is supporting a charity a publicity stunt? It's Force For Change which is a Star Wars/Lucasfilm charity. He does this stuff all the time, even when not on camera.

Since when is supporting a charity a publicity stunt? It's Force For Change which is a Star Wars/Lucasfilm charity. He does this stuff all the time, even when not on camera.

According to wikipedia (at least), a Publicity Stunt is...

a planned event designed to attract the public's attention to the event's organizers or their cause. Publicity stunts can be professionally organized, or set up by amateurs. Such events are frequently utilized by advertisers, celebrities, athletes, and politicians.

and since Force For Change\ charity is a cause, technically, I didn't write anything wrong.

Oh, and pardon my ignorance of FFC, we don't get much info on such stuff here in Moldova.

According to wikipedia (at least), a Publicity Stunt is...

and since Force For Change\ charity is a cause, technically, I didn't write anything wrong.

Oh, and pardon my ignorance of FFC, we don't get much info on such stuff here in Moldova.

It just seemed like you were trying to paint him as having an ulterior motive and trying to get public praise for doing something good. Apologies if that wasn't your intent. That's generally what is implied when using the term "publicity stunt"

the_raven likes this

It just seemed like you were trying to paint him as having an ulterior motive and trying to get public praise for doing something good. Apologies if that wasn't your intent. That's generally what is implied when using the term "publicity stunt"

Ah, ok, no prob ;)