[Suggestion] Updated KotF menu artwork

For this topic, I will quote a post of mine from another KotF 2.1 related topic, because it essentially summarizes what I want to say.

Since it's reboot, I always thought that the artwork of Knights of the Force needs an total revamp. Your logo reminds me of one of those classic Star Wars games, like Dark Forces 1 and 2.

@ and @@Fire Phoenix, you should definitely let him join your team if you haven't an artwork designer yet.

My suggestions for the menus are:

- Make it look and feel like Star Wars (something that is lost in mods like Moviebattles). There are plenty of references you can choose from, like movie posters and even the games.

- Darth Sidious' face in the menu should be replaced with someone or something different. Put the Death Star in or something, or a lightsaber duel from the movies.

- The menu needs a simple and unified style. I've seen mods that had pretty much anything Star Wars related scrambled together in one screen. It's not only over the top, but also distracting as hell.

Knights of the Force doesn't deserve something like that.

I invite everyone here to post their own suggestions.

JAWSFreelao, TicNoel501 and Maksman like this

Well it depends on what kind of menus they'll be having.

Like for example: NPC selection screen. Will ALLL the NPCs be present in one screen? Or will they be divided by era ---> faction?

I feel like the main menu should be something bold. Something unique. I feel like it should be darker. Not the typical JA blue.

Another thing that really needs a makeover is the splash screen. Let's take a look at the original:

71HnKohlt-Y.jpg

While the idea is not bad, because it divides the Light Side and the Dark Side. Even though it shows some iconic characters,

it still feels as if something is missing.

For a mod like this one, it would be appropiate to see some of the ingame models instead of cutouts from movie scenes or still images. Maybe something in this direction:

galaxy_of_heroes_banner.jpg?crop=1&h=510

The only one I could imagine for that kind of image is @@ShenLong Kazama. With the combination of @@Nerdman3000's updated KotF logo,

it would be a step further to a fresher look. And that's what KotF needs, a fresher look.

TicNoel501, Jeff and Smoo like this

If you guys want it, here's a very early, early WIP look at what will eventually become the splash screen. It's not even half way done, but it's a start:

splash_-_Copy_11_-_Copy.png 

There's no background right now, however I am slightly basing the image off the original KOTF splash screen, so a lot of characters positions will be modeled off of that. Not yet added are Palpatine and Old Ben Kenobi. The goal is to hopefully represent all three movie eras as well as the Legends continuity. Also, the image of Rey will of course be updated once Disney releases a better quality version of her Last Jedi image.

TicNoel501 and Kuhe like this

If you guys want it, here's a very early, early WIP look at what will eventually become the splash screen. It's not even half way done, but it's a start:

splash_-_Copy_11_-_Copy.png 

There's no background right now, however I am slightly basing the image off the original KOTF splash screen, so a lot of characters positions will be modeled off of that. Not yet added are Palpatine and Old Ben Kenobi. The goal is to hopefully represent all three movie eras as well as the Legends continuity. Also, the image of Rey will of course be updated once Disney releases a better quality version of her Last Jedi image.

I'm just glad Revan is there :P

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the possible finale splash screen for the 2.1 Beta. I hope you guys like it: 

e_Jwtxj_EOwy_AMAMC_s_Bdq_B4_KTt_Q9_Bi_CC

Ok, that's a nice one. With a yellow or gold "Knights of the Force 2.1 Beta". Also, you added some characters such as Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, Emperor Palpatine or Darth Sidious, Darth Revan, Rey, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Luke Skywalker, (and I don't know who she is next to Darth Revan). Also, the blackscreen from the background. That's cool and still better from the other one that you made it before. So, yeah, I really appreciate it.

@@Nerdman3000

Okay, that looks pretty decent. When I looked at your early version, I was horrified at first, because it almost fulfilled what I mentioned in my first post (too much stuff and so on).

Anyway, this is a great improvement, and I hope that the menu graphics will look great either. You should leave the amount of characters as it is now, because that would be too much if you add some more.

@@Nerdman3000

Okay, that looks pretty decent. When I looked at your early version, I was horrified at first, because it almost fulfilled what I mentioned in my first post (too much stuff and so on).

Anyway, this is a great improvement, and I hope that the menu graphics will look great either. You should leave the amount of characters as it is now, because that would be too much.

Yeah, I agree with you, Lancelot.

@@Fire Phoenix @

Some weeks ago, I was working on a new artwork, which is not finished yet. It was supposed to be a splash screen, but it turned into some sort of poster.

I don't know what you think, but if I finish it, you can use it as a promotional poster. Otherwise, if you don't have a need for that, I could upload it in the Artwork section on JKHub,

to make it available for everyone.

@@Fire Phoenix @

Some weeks ago, I was working on a new artwork, which is not finished yet. It was supposed to be a splash screen, but it turned into some sort of poster.

I don't know what you think, but if I finish it, you can use it as a promotional poster. Otherwise, if you don't have a need for that, I could upload it in the Artwork section on JKHub,

to make it available for everyone.

We already have a splash screen, but we'll happily look at your artwork.

• 1 year later...