Yo. How's JKA doing these days?

Hey, I've been lurking around.  Mostly doing other things.  I've been waiting for JKA2, or something like it, but I've seen very little hope for that so far. I still play JA once in a while and explore some old maps, but I haven't did any mapping lately.  I have a couple unfinished maps, but I might just leave them that way for now.  Without a strong active player base, my motivation is very low unfortunately.

So, I'm curious.  How is the player base these days?  I'm mostly interested in JA++ (I'm a dual wielding dueler), although I used to play MBII as well.  From what I can tell, it seems very low, but because of all the bots I'm not exactly sure.  Is there a way to filter them out?  I wouldn't mind dueling again from time to time if I can find a mp damages server with other comfortable settings (I'm a little picky -_-).

I'll hang out here too, and post once in a while.  Maybe I'll meet some old friends!  Although, my memory has been failing me lately lol.  Don't get mad if I don't remember you!  ;)

Cheers!

:sun:

Smoo and Bek like this

Playerbase is fairly low now compared to the past year, however it's pretty high still compared to the last few years. The new SW films and Steam sales have helped to boost the amount of new and returning players in the community.

I run a basejka server and clan if you're interested in checking us out. We met in-game once not too long ago when you saw we used your Sirens Enclave map. You say you're interested in JA+ but feel free to stop by our base server sometime. :)

/connect so.jk3.in

Bek and Smoo like this

Playerbase is fairly low now compared to the past year, however it's pretty high still compared to the last few years. The new SW films and Steam sales have helped to boost the amount of new and returning players in the community.

I run a basejka server and clan if you're interested in checking us out. We met in-game once not too long ago when you saw we used your Sirens Enclave map. You say you're interested in JA+ but feel free to stop by our base server sometime. :)

/connect so.jk3.in

Hey I remember that!  I'll have to stop by again soon.  Is there anyway to filter the bots though so I can easily see who's playing on each server without having to click each one and examining it?

Hey I remember that! I'll have to stop by again soon. Is there anyway to filter the bots though so I can easily see who's playing on each server without having to click each one and examining it?

Not that I know of. Would be a nice feature of OpenJK, though it might require a menu edit as well.

I don't think we know each other. Hi!
Me? I'm not much into MP because I always get tons of lag and there are very few RP communities anymore (or I don't like the ones that are still active).

Whenever I do try to enter a duel\ ffa server, they're usually either empty, have bots (basically everyone's offline), or the players aren't very welcoming to outsiders (at best they just ignore you in chat and treat you like any opponent) - at least, that's the situation on the servers I tried entering. Then there' the German, Ukrainian, Russian, etc. servers, but if you don't speak the language, all you can do is run around chopping\ shooting people with little-to-unintelligible feedback.