Kanan Jarrus (Very Early W.I.P) Jedi Academy Model

@@Liam it seems that you have a few hard edges at the bottom third of his shoulderpad.

Are those supposed to be there?

EDIT:

Taking a closer look on your pics from my PC now...

his hands seem tiny in the side view

Sorry guys for late reply I have spent a good while now just getting my low poly sorted out nothing to really post render wise on that front.

As for the hands/shoulder pad yep! those are really renders from roughly v12 of the model I have a majority of the problems fixed in the newest one .

Hope to have more renders up this weekend as i do the low poly! .

OTzlV3a.gif

Cheers for the comments/help!

VyzYj4N.jpg

6uEwaSJ.jpg

@@Liam What's the polycount of that head and is its mouth modeled shut?

The low resolution+compression make it hard to read.

The polycount as it stands for the head is 484 polygons.

The original mouth was welded its just a trick I use to get better details for the lip projection i recently deleted them for the jedi academy mouth_eyes mesh to fit in nicely.

As for screenshot res yeah I'm noticing the quality does decrease I did touch it up a tad in Photoshop to keep it sharper this time fingers crossed!

lpja1e3.jpg

Quick update today just on the lowpoly front. I have the main elements inside max sitting at around 2k polygons. Now that gives me 1k for hands and head. I'm sure I can squeeze abit more out of the elements to give me more for th face and such as I want to fix up so many things with the low poly but ill post up more as I get into that.

YPX4wgF.pngBBN3UHq.png

Tompa9, Smoo, Delmi and 2 others like this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello :) it has been while. Any progress mate?

Hey Tompa9, Yeah I'm sorry guys for being away for so long I had alot of work to do . I'm in the middle of a drawing/concept course for games. I spent past few months just going over my foundations and wanted to get back into my projects. I spoke to a couple of you guys on Steam over past month or so about the situation but sorry for leaving everyone in the dark in terms of what I was up to. 

Alright so where is Kanan ? I looked over the high poly model and was not impressed with the work on areas and decided to leave that as is as it did burn me out and I think drifted too far away from Kanans' Design. Now im reducing the tri count for Jedi academy and should be mapping by tonight. I'm currently looking over substance painter to do my work on Kanans textures and hope to have some work posted as soon as possible.

Now I will need a hand with trying to get this character rigged and setup for the game as I'm currently trying to get to grips with how this process works with 3ds max so any help from anyone on that front would be extremely welcomed as its my first time .

Sorry again to anyone let down for the lack of updates! 

Tompa9 likes this

Hey Tompa9, Yeah I'm sorry guys for being away for so long I had alot of work to do . I'm in the middle of a drawing/concept course for games. I spent past few months just going over my foundations and wanted to get back into my projects. I spoke to a couple of you guys on Steam over past month or so about the situation but sorry for leaving everyone in the dark in terms of what I was up to. 

Alright so where is Kanan ? I looked over the high poly model and was not impressed with the work on areas and decided to leave that as is as it did burn me out and I think drifted too far away from Kanans' Design. Now im reducing the tri count for Jedi academy and should be mapping by tonight. I'm currently looking over substance painter to do my work on Kanans textures and hope to have some work posted as soon as possible.

Now I will need a hand with trying to get this character rigged and setup for the game as I'm currently trying to get to grips with how this process works with 3ds max so any help from anyone on that front would be extremely welcomed as its my first time .

Sorry again to anyone let down for the lack of updates! 

Good to hear from you, hit me up on Steam, or Discord: ashuradx#1192 for help in either process, texturing with Substance Painter or getting him ingame.

The basic Process on getting a character ingame via 3ds max is described here: http://psyko3d.50webs.com/tutorials/jk2_guide.htm

You'd just have to get the required plugins from our files Section.

lpriefer01 and Liam like this
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Does anyone know what happened to Liam, the existence of this thread drifted through my mind a few moments ago and how he banished from the face of the earth, the twitter account on his profile doesn't exists anymore. I guess his disappearance is related with a busy life, but you know, just wondering.

PD: Sorry for the necroing.

Tompa9 likes this