Vulkan API as a possible new crossplatform render?

Setlec

well, i was kinda hoping that a vulkan render could make a good thing for openJK project. I mean that with vulkan maintening a render based on it could ease (despise being more complicated to implement than openGL based render) and also you would code one render for windows and linux. For the MacOS version we could still use  the openGL one for now...

This is my two cents idea...

well, i was kinda hoping that a vulkan render could make a good thing for openJK project. I mean that with vulkan maintening a render based on it could ease (despise being more complicated to implement than openGL based render) and also you would code one render for windows and linux. For the MacOS version we could still use  the openGL one for now...

This is my two cents idea...

This is already the case anyway.  Because we use the SDL2 window management creation system.

Nobody here or in any idTech3 community has stepped forward for Vulkan support so it has nothing to do with multi platform code.

You will still obviously need to compile it for each platform as you currently do.

Setlec likes this