DICE's Battlefront II

This game feels like how SWBF should have been. Although I'm seriously tired of DICE's field experiments and their year long funded-by-the-people beta stage for all their Battlefield games, I really want to play this one. But, I'm going to wait review, patches and a price drop. Honestly, people rush to play a game that is unpolished and badly balanced. By the time DICE gets to fix most of the issues, most of the user base already got bored and abandoned it. At least that's what happens on PC. Betas should be open and last months, not days.

ppl didnt leave SWBF1 from Dice becours they got bored. they left becours it was full of cheaters and had  aimbots all over the place. i tried play it my self there and it was no fun. plus Dice didnt do anything about it. the Ps4 version was one of the best places to play it becours its population was way highere then both xbox and pc.

General Howard likes this

This game feels like how SWBF should have been. Although I'm seriously tired of DICE's field experiments and their year long funded-by-the-people beta stage for all their Battlefield games, I really want to play this one. But, I'm going to wait review, patches and a price drop. Honestly, people rush to play a game that is unpolished and badly balanced. By the time DICE gets to fix most of the issues, most of the user base already got bored and abandoned it. At least that's what happens on PC. Betas should be open and last months, not days.

I do partially agree with what you've said.. However:

"Betas should be open and last months, not days."

I don't think you fully understand what the purpose of a Beta is. DICE throw out these Beta's, mainly as a way to stress test the servers and prepare for launch. Everything's pretty much already in place (at least 90% of it, anyway). That's why they only last about a week or so. It's also for us to get a taste of the game and look forward to the launch (hype), not to play a buggy/glitchy mess, that players would complain about and that would only reflect badly on the company.. Beta or not.

It is an open beta. It’s only closed for the first two days.

In my opinion, all beta programs should be closed to deter the people that think it’s sinplg a demo of the full game. The point is to give constructive feedback on bugs that you find in the beta. Obviously beta programs are mostly seen as demos nowadays because they are now preorder bonuses and such, which is both a win and a lose for the devs. They get more people playing the beta allowing them to stress test but they also get more people complaining about bugs and spread bad press about the game.

Imagine that. Bugs.

In a beta.

(My attitude on this is stemming from the COD WWII beta weekends, only just assuming this beta experience will be the same)

Yeah, it's pretty good. I've been playing it, for the past few hours. It still has issues and such that need fixing and balancing could certainly do to be looked at. But overall, nice and fresh whilst staying with what they originally did in the 2015 one. There's no Original trilogy content, per se in the Beta. But you either play as the Republic/Separatists or Resistance/First Order. Depending on what game mode you choose. But I have a free code for it, if anyone's interested?

Apparently the Xbox version has a major flaw. I wasn't able to play yesterday due to it freezing up right when you launch the game. It affected the majority of Xbox players and it still isn't fixed. They are so slow with updates still. It's ridiculous. That's something that should have been fixed a couple hours in.

Apparently the Xbox version has a major flaw. I wasn't able to play yesterday due to it freezing up right when you launch the game. It affected the majority of Xbox players and it still isn't fixed. They are so slow with updates still. It's ridiculous. That's something that should have been fixed a couple hours in.

LaJ9Kmo.gif

What annoys me.. Is the bad weapon balancing, Assault Class feels so under-powered, there's no 'Aim Assist' (even though it clearly says it's on, in the game settings) and how you "run through" other player's bodies. But as this is only a Beta, I guess I can cut them some slack, but I don't remember the Beta for Battlefront (2015) having these issues.

Basically though, it's because we're playing a PC build and only a more stable build of what was shown at EAPlay, at that. So I think this Beta has been "ready", for some time. It's just that we're only getting to play it now, rather than a coupla' months ago.

Just played the PC BETA and the first thing I think of is, we really don't need Moviebattles II anymore. Classes is a decent improvement, for sure. I played as trade fed on Naboo against Clones + Rey and it was great. The icing was seeing leaves blow around the streets, just made it all the more realistic. Combat-wise it feels like the first Battlefront (dice) which to me, was a Star Wars CoD experience with a few differences.

I'll be buying this for sure.

I hope they change the crosshair. It's to thin and It doesn't change colour when your over an enemy.The hero point system is good but should be lowered by a thousand points. The flamethrower trooper is useless. Got it on ps4 and it looks pretty good. Duplicate cards in the crates for me just about everytime which is frustrating.

I think I'll wait some months before I buy the game to have a more clear view of the amount of content at launch and of what influence will microtransations have (called "crystals" in game, according to the game files). About the heroes, it's insane that Yoda and Darth Maul will be the only prequel ones at launch, especially since it had been recently confirmed that Bossk will already be available, and he's a minor character. Some units need some balancing too, like the flametrooper.

If anyone's interested, 41st legion decals have been found in the game files: https://jkhub.org/images/V1iM6AK.png

I'm pretty sure a "rebellion AT-RT" with orange markings has been found too, but I didn't save the picture.

I think I'll wait some months before I buy the game to have a more clear view of the amount of content at launch and of what influence will microtransations have (called "crystals" in game, according to the game files). About the heroes, it's insane that Yoda and Darth Maul will be the only prequel ones at launch, especially since it had been recently confirmed that Bossk will already be available, and he's a minor character. Some units need some balancing too, like the flametrooper.

If anyone's interested, 41st legion decals have been found in the game files: https://jkhub.org/images/V1iM6AK.png

I'm pretty sure a "rebellion AT-RT" with orange markings has been found too, but I didn't save the picture.

Yeah, those 41st legion decals will be for the Clones, on Kashyyk.