DICE's Battlefront II

So a leak for the sequel to EA and DICE's Battlefront has gone out, showing what looks to be the trailer for the game. Figured a new thread should be made for it, instead of using the old one.

It looks like we will be getting everything we wanted in this one. A story mode and all eras included. It looks great just from that teaser. I'm really excited. :) Now I have a goal to get to max level and unlock everything on Battlefront before this one comes out. :P

The link will be updated to the official one when it's released.

Edited by Circa
added legit link

I think they listened to the feedback on the first one and are working towards getting this one to how it should have been. I loved the first one, but obviously it didn't have as much content as it could have. Even EA said they weren't happy with how it turned out, despite it selling a lot of copies. They know the fans were upset with it, and are working to fix that with this one.

So all in all, I'm extremely optimistic. Playing as a Clone Trooper again like the good ol' days is going to be amazing.

General Howard and Rayce like this

Battlefront was, and still is one of the best FPS games, and one of the best StarWars games that I've ever played. After Super Star Wars & the Jedi Knight series of course. As long as the new one isn't going to be so heavy on the DLC's, I'm going to pre-order it as soon as possible. It seems to have everything that I've been dreaming that the first one should've had. Prequel material, OT material AND also stuff from the newest films.

General Howard and Circa like this

What attracts my attention in new Battlefront II – it's not just the new planets and all eras, but perhaps the story.

As far as I understand, the Imperial pilot is the one, who introduces the main Single Player story. I actually like her screaming, that "Hope will not help them!". I guess we might see here a transition of her from the Galactic Empire to the First Order (just like Clones in Battlefront II, where they switch armor and later affiliation as the 501st).

What attracts my attention in new Battlefront II – it's not just the new planets and all eras, but perhaps the story.

As far as I understand, the Imperial pilot is the one, who introduces the main Single Player story. I actually like her screaming, that "Hope will not help them!". I guess we might see here a transition of her from the Galactic Empire to the First Order (just like Clones in Battlefront II, where they switch armor and later affiliation as the 501st).

Indeed. Not sure if you watched the panel but they have a tie-in novel coming out about the Inferno Squadron, for more of a backstory on the characters in the campaign.

Also, no mention of a season pass yet, which is interesting.

For anyone interested in seeing the website, go to http://battlefront2.com.

They've got some really great images on there as well. I saved them and put them in a imgur album. Some really great wallpaper material in there!

https://jkhub.org/albums/6IJOW

Edited by Circa
NumberWan likes this

here is some small info for the game :)

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/57151/battlefront-2-screenshots-released/index.html

Full singleplayer campaign that bridges Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, play as Imperial special forces commander Iden Versio

New heroes from across all three eras: Darth Maul, Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren and Rey confirmed Maps from all three eras: prequel, original trilogy, expanded universe - Theed, Takodana, Hoth, Endor, Kamino, Mos Eisley, Yavin-4 and Starkiller Base confirmed

20 vs 20 multiplayer mode

Galactic space battles

Offline 2-player split-screen co-op

Customizable characters and heroes

No season pass, but may have microtransactions

EA Access and Origin Access subscribers get 8-day early access trial starting Nov 9 Releases Nov 17, 2017 on PS4, Xbox One and PC

Read more: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/57151/battlefront-2-screenshots-released/index.html

General Howard likes this

Oh, I see now. It's a new guy. Not that special... Just a droid, created by the Empire, which looks like a Trade Federation Battledroid beneath the red cloak. I just hope this is more than a humanoid droid... For instance they could make a living person inside the costume, just pretending to be a droid.

My #1 question is: Who is THIS guy?

2017-04-16%20%2012.39.17_zpsyovssxau.png

Seems he is in charge after Emperor's death. Perhaps is the new Grand Inquisitor or similar figure...

I remember in the shattered empire comics this dudes appeared. I think they gave good ol' Sheev's last order to nuke planets like Naboo and others. 

General Howard likes this

Well, I've just pre-ordered my "Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition" (digital copy) in the PS Store, this morning. Which comes out on the 14th Nov, as opposed to the 17th, Nov. So to get it 3 days early, will be nice. Wonder how nice it'll look on my PS4 Pro..
Although I did/do enjoy the first game, I'm actually really looking forward to this one. And with no Season Pass.. This could actually turn out, really well.

51kZQvKNDEL.jpg

Circa, LucyTheAlien and NumberWan like this

Oh, I see now. It's a new guy. Not that special... Just a droid, created by the Empire, which looks like a Trade Federation Battledroid beneath the red cloak. I just hope this is more than a humanoid droid... For instance they could make a living person inside the costume, just pretending to be a droid.

Here's a better look at it I took from the 1080p trailer.

up7IxM9.png

JzERyWq.png

Sharpened it up a bit. Looks quite interesting.

Indeed. Not sure if you watched the panel but they have a tie-in novel coming out about the Inferno Squadron, for more of a backstory on the characters in the campaign.

Also, no mention of a season pass yet, which is interesting.

For anyone interested in seeing the website, go to http://battlefront2.com.

They've got some really great images on there as well. I saved them and put them in a imgur album. Some really great wallpaper material in there!

https://jkhub.org/albums/6IJOW

Not gonna lie, those Darth Maul and Kylo Ren models looks ridiculously good! Whilst I am hyped af, I'm still staying realistic.. But just reading all the info on the official website and such and how much effort they're putting into the game.. So far, from what we've seen and heard, it all looks and sounds very promising and like they're really trying to make up for where they went wrong with the first game.

LucyTheAlien likes this

Both in the comics and in the trailer the face looks very much like Palpatine. Perhaps either to keep the presence of the Emperor at all places at once, or just a copy of some of his followers (they also had disfigured appearance).

I really hope this is not some sort of a Digital Copy of Palpatine's mind or a cloned head inside the glass jar. It would be really cheesy.

Also I feel strange, that the Empire would rely so much on a droid. Given the fact, that it was formed out of the Republic, which fought against CIS with its Droid army, it's really strange, that the Empire would use a droid instead of a human commander...

Jeff likes this