BLASTER: Bryar Blaster Pistol

Still think how the game renders PBR is a bit off, just seems too shiny to me:

xft4ox.png

@@AshuraDX

I'm still animating this, but you can safely delete the unseen faces at the end where the muzzle flash is - we won't be turning the gun around.

It's also very dark. Could be bad lighting work in the map.

I'll delete all faces that are purely facing forward then.

Give me the model! (Please :P )

Pbr could be broken for the view model. Not sure. It's lit via the light-grid if I'm not mistaken. I'm still figuring out, how the lighting should be done in GL2, but I'm sure now, that I will go for deferred rendering instead of forward rendering. This means, I will rewrite massive parts of the rendering engine (maybe not massive, but still a lot). I scrapped the idea of forward+ rendering, because it would require opengl 4.3 to be efficient enough.

Lol well, I never said I was a lighting genius. I detest lighting maps. :P

What I'd like is a setup to mimic marmoset's viewport with 2 light sources. Of course you wouldn't be able to control them, but still would be good. I'll see what I can do later in the week perhaps.

looks much better under the sun, could it be something to do with light maps? Would make sense that the sun gives accurate results.

No, your shader (.mtr) is simply wrong. Remove the spec exponent and you are fine.