Widescreen --> OpenJK?

Guest Redemption

I don't entirely understand... I thought what they did by enabling r_mode -2 gave you you're native resolution. If by what you refer to is the hud elements and such then, YES... I am curious also.    

@, it's gone further than that, the DF2 renderer supports widescreen only with actual toggle settings in the menu to choose a variety of resolutions as if the game shipped that way. Pretty sure 4:3 support has been removed since no ones using that type of monitor anymore.

@, it's gone further than that, the DF2 renderer supports widescreen only with actual toggle settings in the menu to choose a variety of resolutions as if the game shipped that way. Pretty sure 4:3 support has been removed since no ones using that type of monitor anymore.

Huh? I know tons of people who still rely on their not-yet-broken 4:3 LCD, especially on secondary PCs that play old games like Jedi Academy. :huh:

Still, not my code, so I shouldn't complain.

Jeff likes this

The code is largely @@ent 's and its upto him if they want to implement it in Openjk.

I've added support for widescreen resolutions in the r_mode code, so we aren't just using that custom resolution method.

While the toggle for widescreen works, the menus just became too much of a hassle to make sure they worked for both 4:3 & 16:9 so we've the dumped 4:3 option in setup. You can always set the r_mode to be a 4:3 resolution, but beware the menus won't always display correctly.

EDIT:

When the 1 level PBR demo is out, the menus will be there for anyone to play with. I have the 4:3 resolutions commented out, so you could just un-comment them and the 4:3 aspect ratio option. ;)

Maybe one day down the track I'll come back and make sure the menus look fine using 4:3 resolutions, but there's just so much to do right now and very little man-power.

• 2 weeks later...

OpenJK can't implement properly scaled HUD and remain compatible with mods or rewrite a new separate API code path.

JKA and OpenJK have supported any resolution since forever actually.

The only problem was you couldn't host a local server with jamp.exe and have a non 4:3 resolution without crashing which was fixed shortly after the source dump release. Playing on a server without also being a host worked fine at any though. Just the HUD isn't scaled, nor was the fov adjusted.

The fov is adjusted with OpenJK SP and OpenJK mod code for mp + ja++ with several options to customize to ones liking.

Hopefully this clears up some confusion over what people mean by resolution support.

Smoo likes this