SSV Normandy (early WIP)

Ive started construction on the SSV Normandy From Mass Effect 1, thanks alot Inyri, lol anyways this is the first and earliest build im currently working on, its getting late though, and I have a hell of alot of textures to make up, and still a hell of alot of work ahead, but the project is started, and no caffeiene to do this on either, you'll get new images as i feel progress enough as been made

normandy_early2_zpsa9f8c75b.png

its supposed to look like: ( like I said, I got alot of work ahead)

IMG158_zps5755265c.jpg

Best of luck!

Im going to need it

Update: Minor hull work, all command chairs added in, the helm/bridge has a way to go still, Joker has a seat at least so he cant bitch.

but at least with a side by side comparison, just as Inyri did, cept I have mass effect running on my 360 while i do this

normandy3_zps13e1e8cd.png

IMG158_zps5755265c.jpg

more minor work, sleep now, Garrus will go back to work in about 8 hours: and yes textures are place holders, I cant stare at caulk or notexture forever, i'll go mad or lose were I am, I just had to contribute to the mass effect mayhem Inyri started....

"Great. See, this is how it all starts. When we're all just organic batteries, guess who they'll blame? 'This is all Joker's fault. What a tool he was. I have to spend all day computing pi because he plugged in the Overlord.'"

normandy4_zpsf7b73614.png

normandy5_zps0e149078.png

Im no good with photoshop, and since theres a no porting rule i cant just use the source files, lol

I had to use some stock atm, so i could get an idea how it'll look and to tell parts appart, customs would be nice, but I know this replica will push my mapping skills, lol

Also the ship was built to scale with player size, so it should be fairly accurate, shaders, basicly everything on the normandy shimmers, its smexy shiny, and the ammount of glow needed, it'll work, hell I dont see why not.

speaking of the FTL drive, ive also designed a map concept for it to work nicely the electrical effects will be the real pain in the ass, I hope to have the bridge completed tonight.

"You know what pisses me off? Calling this the cockpit. Alliance ships have bridges. Asari ships have cockpits. Oh wait. No they don't."

"You know what pisses me off? Calling this the cockpit. Alliance ships have bridges. Asari ships have cockpits. Oh wait. No they don't."

"It is good to know that Jack has thus far survived the reaper invasion. I have amusing memories of her attempts to insert additions into my reports to the Illusive Man. Most of them centered around inappropriate uses of the word cockpit."

And over here a happy little turian I mean tree... Spash of stock colour for now, what you cant see is that ive designed the helm controls/computers, etc,

and stock is ugly, but better then solid caulk, I really need to spend less time playing mass effect and more time mapping >.>

normandy8_zps6c890eb3.png