Maybe someone could port the one from Battlefront II? :)

Not that "P"-word again.  :rolleyes: The map might look great, but I think it should be made from scratch, to make it fit the graphical quality of Jedi Academy. The Battlefront II map could be used as a reference.

Kuhe likes this

@@Teancum

That's right. The Battlefront games are more battle oriented, which requires a large battlefield. And thus the games have the necessary resources to handle such large maps.

In Jedi Academy on the other hand, it requires some tricks to "cheat" about the size of the map. I think about a Geonosis map for Jedi Academy, which looks really huge. But in fact, it's a medium sized

map with a skybox that makes it appear much larger than it actually is.

Yeah, it would be very difficult to get a good representation of Scarif in JKA. Other big maps like Hoth or Geonosis have the benefit of being able to use mountains/other impassable terrain to help block off the horizon and cover the transition from map-to-skybox. Scarif however is surrounded by nothing but open water so you'd just end up wading out to sea and hitting the skybox in short order.

Yeah, it would be very difficult to get a good representation of Scarif in JKA. Other big maps like Hoth or Geonosis have the benefit of being able to use mountains/other impassable terrain to help block off the horizon and cover the transition from map-to-skybox. Scarif however is surrounded by nothing but open water so you'd just end up wading out to sea and hitting the skybox in short order.

Szico found an amazing trick about this in Atlantica. ^^

Archangel35757 likes this

...meh, if they wade out too far, just have them eaten by saltwater crocodiles or sharks-- that'll teach `em to go venturing out to the edges.

...or they would fall over the edge of the map, as any flat-earth theorist would tell you :winkthumb:

I think it'd be great, to make a duel map on some Scarif island (like the one Clan FJA posted, obviously improved), or on the tower's dish platform, or around Rogue One (the shuttle that is), one could even go so far as to make a duel-map of the Imperial archive room, to boot! :rolleyes:

Now all those FFA and CTF maps would obviously have to be larger (mid-to-large, in Q3 engine terms, of course), and could include the main points of interest of the archipelago. Then again, ya'll know this better than me :shifty:

Pls... make frankesteins from ported models... but converting map is like a 7 deadly sins... convert and make on it dont copy paste the maps...

Is Jkhub turning into a printer?

If you talk about UniqueOnes pictures, you are wrong. These are made in his Warzone mod.

Oh nvm. I should read the whole thread before posting. :P

If you talk about UniqueOnes pictures, you are wrong. These are made in his Warzone mod.

Oh nvm. I should read the whole thread before posting. :P

No no!!! I mean the idea to convert map from battlefront to the jk3... I know Your team modification - amazing work... but lately on hub there are toooooooooo many ported stuff.. no orignality whatsoever

No no!!! I mean the idea to convert map from battlefront to the jk3... I know Your team modification - amazing work... but lately on hub there are toooooooooo many ported stuff.. no orignality well

i'm just requesting a scarif map not a port of another game. But i don't think that port things are bad, if it looks good,and it's compatible with jedi knight, whats the problem? but well,this is just my opinion. Each one have their opinions

Langerd, Jeff and the_raven like this

i'm just requesting a scarif map not a port of another game. But i don't think that port things are bad, if it looks good,and it's compatible with jedi knight, whats the problem? but well,this is just my opinion. Each one have their opinions

If I will have some free time maybe i will make something small and try to make small duel map or something :)