Extracting skins from a skin pack

Hello all,

How can I go about extracting skins from a skin pack? My friends and I run a private JA+ server and yesterday, I stumbled upon this skinpack from some incredibly talented individuals. 

The owner of the project gave me permission to extract whatever skins I want to use freely in my private server, but I will not be able to release them publicly without his permission. 

That said, I have downloaded pakscape to extract the files and modview. My question though, is how exactly I correctly extract each skin/audio file and turn them into a pk3 file? This pack comes with around 50 skins and I'd like to make a pack of 10 or so for my friends to use. 

Link: https://community.moviebattles.org/threads/penekepack-v1-6-2-replacement-mod-the-imperial-heroes-update.2499/page-32

Penekowski likes this

Hey,I'm the author of the pack, I lurk around these forums too!

Inside the Penekepack1.6.rar you'll find a txt file called Model_Replacements.txt. This list will contain  a semi-updated list of what replaces what. Here's how it works, first of all make sure to open up the models/players folder of the pack, there you'll find a bunch of folders that contain all of my stuff.

So let's use this replacement for example: 

Model to be replaced: 4lom - Model that will replace it + author = Cad Bane (Seven)

.Inside the 4lom's folder you'll find the Icon/model.glm/skin files of the new model that will replace 4lom, meaning Seven's Cad Bane, you will also find a file called modeldata.cfg it basically acts as a file that orders the game which soundset should the model play, If I remember correctly it's called sounds.cfg on baseJKA

. Open up the skin file that you'll find inside the 4lom's folder, it will tell you where's cadbane located, once you know the actual name of the folder where the textures are located, then you're one step closer to converting it into a standalone model.

Assuming that you already know where are cad bane's textures located then what you gotta do is copy the GLM/SKIN/ICON inside 4lom's folder to your cadbane folder (where the textures are)

Also rename the icon from what it normally has the name of  mb2_icon_default.jpg to icon_default.jpg that way it can show up on Jedi Academy multiplayer.

Next step, turn it into a single pk3 by creating models/players folders and inside you'll put the folder with the merged files. 

My modding skills for basejka are quite rusty so I really don't remember how to assign sounds to a model on base jka, but you'll find all of the soundpacks of my models inside sound/chars/nameofthemodel. Same for the shaders of the models on the shaders folder. You'll need a lot of patience and it's frustrating, I did it that way because it's the only way to make it work on MBII, as the replacement system is quite messy.

If you don't know how to make a standalone pk3, I suggest you to look for a tutorial, there's plenty all around google.

Good luck!

Sir Crusher and Noodle like this