Book recommendations.

This topic is for book recommendations and general discussion about books.

I've personally boosted my cyberpunk cred by finishing reading Neuromancer. 

19dh299wqw7icjpg.jpg

This book reads like a movie. It's a very intriguing story, but I will admit, it sorta gets more dull as you make your way towards the end. Also, I'm about to read Catch-22. A book in which I know nothing about. I can't wait.

SomaZ likes this

This topic is for book recommendations and general discussion about books.

I've personally boosted my cyberpunk cred by finishing reading Neuromancer. 

19dh299wqw7icjpg.jpg

This book reads like a movie. It's a very intriguing story, but I will admit, it sorta gets more dull as you make your way towards the end. Also, I'm about to read Carch-22. A book in which I know nothing about. I can't wait.

Don't forget to read Biochips and Mona Lisa Overdrive. ;) (Biochips seems to be called Count Zero in english)

If you are into cyberpunk, I'd recommend you Snow Crash (Neal Stephenson). No spoilers, simply read it. :P

Edit: Oh btw, nice idea with this thread!

the_raven and Bek like this

Don't forget to read Biochips and Mona Lisa Overdrive. ;) (Biochips seems to be called Count Zero in english)

If you are into cyberpunk, I'd recommend you Snow Crash (Neal Stephenson). No spoilers, simply read it. :P

Thanks for the recommendations. Cyberpunk is life, dude.

Edit: Oh btw, nice idea with this thread!

Thank you. Reading is one of my favorite pass times, so I'm always on the search for new material.

SomaZ likes this

Ah, funny how you began with cyberpunk as I'm going to see a cyberpunk play at my friend's theatre college tomorrow :D

As to books, I'm not sure what to suggest. I remember I once came across one called The Cyberpunk Factbook 2.0, or something along those lines. You might find it interesting, though I'm not sure if it's artistic literature or indeed a fact-book.

Bek likes this

Been rereading one of my favorite books, Summer of Night by Dan Simmons. It's a bit like Stephen King's IT, young kids battling some supernatural evil in their small American town, set in the early 60s. And I've also been reading Neuromancer! Been on a cyberpunk kick lately. I'm going to check out Escapology by Ren Warom next, also cyberpunk. Saw it in the sci-fi section of my local Barnes and Noble. The cover had a blue holographic shark on it so of course it stood out.

Bek likes this