Dark Palace Texture Re-creation

Ignore the door for now, I'm still screwing with it. I'll fix it shortly.

What do you suggest to do about the floor tiles?

decrease the tiling.

Just make the individual tiles larger, But that's something I can and will do in the shader.

Update bump:

Before:
65ttCTkl.jpg

After:
4vDL59Dl.jpg

not happy with the color of my MArble texture yet, gotta up the saturation and push it slightly more towards orange

The floor could use a bit more light, the light from the ceiling doesn't reach all the way to the bottom.

UPDATE:
Pillar material in place, also finished the marble trims.
8839WHsl.jpg

Also started work at the 07panel1 Texture:
8DNGxjD.png

this is the first detail piece I had to import a premade PSD for, tracing the shape with shapes in Photoshop was fun

UPDATE2: Progress!
5MKU15K.png

still have to add a few of the carved shapes to the bricks in there and replace the concrete material with a custom one

UPDATE 3:
F0hjJlgl.jpg

wellp I officially spent the whole day texturing....
anyway - I have to ask you to adjust 2 textures for me @@DT85
number 1 being the large bronze window right over the crosshair here:
PhOCVVjl.jpg
the Bronze detail plate was slightly off center in the original texture, mine is perfectly centered horizontally and positioned slightly higher, should be fixed in 2 clicks.

The Other texture i'd like you to change is the texture used on the side of the Pillars instead of using 07wst4c use 07wst4b, just to avoid that harsh texture seam there- the shiny marble makes it really obvious while moving ;)

UPDATE4:

Just figured you'll need this to adjust the texture properly

DT., minilogoguy18 and SomaZ like this

Update Time!

CTFZLb1l.jpg
finished the ceiling textures.
I replaced the wood beams in one texture variant with the marble masonry from the ceiling texture with the light in the center, to avoid a harsh texture seam. If you want the wooden framework there add brushwork for it.
xuIPEm6l.jpg

I also swapped out your stone door material with gold one I made, your material as it is currently sticks out like a sore thumb.

LDHpL2el.jpg

If you want to retouch your material, go for it - I jsut want to maintain a consistent look and quality.

UPDATE:
as4WDlfl.jpg

0ylNPvRl.jpg

Fair enough, prolly best to have 1 texture artist per level.

Anyhow, looks great! I noticed that enabling parallax though bogs down FPS horribly. I'll have to add a setting for it.

Fair enough, prolly best to have 1 texture artist per level.

Anyhow, looks great! I noticed that enabling parallax though bogs down FPS horribly. I'll have to add a setting for it.

It does? My 970 didn't complain so far :D

But I'll keep that in mind for the next materials

@@AshuraDX - nice work, but the stones above the doorway cutout still seem to be off... architecturally/structurally speaking.

Typically, for this kind of opening you'd have one stone that bridges the full top like this

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1hjh8R2-XDGI0Em80VXN_OlQlE8UQDYG2Trtdif4lzqcBuZKw8A

@@Archangel35757

I'm not developing the Brushwork in the map. Nor am I assigning textures. I am just replacing the textures @@DT85 placed around the level with PBR Versions.

I'd prefer making that arch an ASE model with its own texture, which would then allow me to do what you are asking for.

If you have the time to do models, go for it. Just export out the brushwork arch as an OBJ so you have exact size reference. You will have to make sure it replaces the lift room's wall though, and make sure the brick texture for it is scaled to match the brushwork version.

If you have the time to do models, go for it. Just export out the brushwork arch as an OBJ so you have exact size reference. You will have to make sure it replaces the lift room's wall though, and make sure the brick texture for it is scaled to match the brushwork version.

Where do I find the map source files? All I'd need is the actual archway brushwork in ASE.

I've put the map source in the yun GL2 pk3.

that's good to know.

I'll probably dig up Radiant then and give mapping another shot.

I may aswell replace some of the wall sections with ASE meshes and reduce the need for parallax mappin that way.

Don't forget that there are two options for parallax mapping. 1 and 2. 2 looks much better, but is also a lot slower.

that's good to know.

I'll probably dig up Radiant then and give mapping another shot.

I may aswell replace some of the wall sections with ASE meshes and reduce the need for parallax mappin that way.

Just need to make sure you don't replace anything that's structural, or the map will leak and not compile.

Just need to make sure you don't replace anything that's structural, or the map will leak and not compile.

or put a caulk brush behind whatever I replace :P

Anyway I could use some help with compiling the map - just give em the params you used and i'll give it a go.

The ASE is textured and in place

5qNJPKbl.png

Archangel35757 likes this

Not sure what difference the model will have over the brushwork. The edges are still ultra sharp, same as the brushwork.

Anyhow, add this to your radiant build menu, the first line is the name, the rest is the actual compile commands:

Q3Map2: (final) BSP -meta, VIS -saveprt, LIGHT -fast -patchshadows - shade -deluxe -bounce 8 -v

[bsp] -meta "[MapFile]"
[vis] -saveprt "[MapFile]"
[light] -fast -patchshadows -shade -deluxe -bounce 8 -v "[MapFile]"

Not sure what difference the model will have over the brushwork. The edges are still ultra sharp, same as the brushwork.

Anyhow, add this to your radiant build menu, the first line is the name, the rest is the actual compile commands:

Q3Map2: (final) BSP -meta, VIS -saveprt, LIGHT -fast -patchshadows - shade -deluxe -bounce 8 -v

[bsp] -meta "[MapFile]"
[vis] -saveprt "[MapFile]"
[light] -fast -patchshadows -shade -deluxe -bounce 8 -v "[MapFile]"

The main cause for adding a mesh here was to adjust the texture coordinates and a make it use a slight variation of the brick texture. Smoothing the corners could be done in a next step.

DT. likes this

@@DT85  since I could not add those settings to my Radiant, or am too retarded to find the function for this in radiant 1.6.5, I tried entering those params into Q3map2gui and got several warnings for unknown commands.

EDIT: well - that didn't work as planned, the game crashes as soo nas I devmap 07yun_gl2

I find radiant 1.5 has a much better UI.

1. Go to Build>>>Customize....
  2. Scroll to the bottom of Build menu where there's a blank line, and input the name.
  3. Then, input each line after that in Commandline
  4. Click OK

Upload your edited .map file, and I'll see what's going on.

I find radiant 1.5 has a much better UI.

• Go to Build>>>Customize....
  • Scroll to the bottom of Build menu where there's a blank line, and input the name.
  • Then, input each line after that in Commandline
  • Click OK

Upload your edited .map file, and I'll see what's going on.

1.5s UI is a complete mess on my system. Windows 10 + my unusual Screen setup is not the best combination.