Dark Palace Texture Re-creation

Kinda hoping you would stick to the posted size, so I can just do an easy replace. Looks like I'll have to redo the map texturing, as it's set to the posted resolutions.

Anyhow, looks great. I take it you'll send them all in a pack when done?

Kinda hoping you would stick to the posted size, so I can just do an easy replace. Looks like I'll have to redo the map texturing, as it's set to the posted resolutions.

Anyhow, looks great. I take it you'll send them all in a pack when done?

I'll share a dropbox folder including my .sbs file(s) once I'm done

EDIT: a slight update, now rendered in the trial version of toolbag 3

unknown.png

Simply go with a tcscale in the shaderfile instead of reworking the texturing. There is a little bug in parralax mapping right now with tcscale, but thats easy to fix.

For the lighting. I started reworking the shading from forward to forward+ shading. Hopefully this will greatly improve the dynamic light performance. To the GI stuff, this will take some time, as I still investigate the possibile implementations and which fits best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We need every re-created texture to look 100% like the original ones, and at the posted sizes. I'm going to start mapping with this in mind, and just do simple texture replacements. If we wait for all textures to be re-created, the mapping will take years to finish.

I know, but who has the time?

Are the marble and brick textures considered done? If so, that brick looks a bit funky with red between the bricks & the marble is missing the top/bottom edge detail.

@@AshuraDX ...in your doorway arch (at top) in second pic-- the stones would not be cut like that. You should modify the door arch so the tiling doesn't look awkward-- don't notch them out so much and add a keystone in center with different material.

I'm pretty sure he didn't keep the original texture size, so it looks off.

@@AshuraDX I've updated the pk3's, I suggest grabbing the textures.pk3 and keeping to the sizes. Would much rather do a simple texture replace, than having to re-scale everything.

@@minilogoguy18 can make a list later on but for now, it would be best for you to finish up the Gorc animating so he's playable.

@@DT85 nothing is considered done! I needed the game to run to check the textures ingame and see how they matched before I could go on.

And I have to look into the tiling issues, the Size was not kept to reduce the amount of visible Tiling but I can offset and scale them in the shader to make that not a problem.

Especially repeating cracks in stone textures and color variazion make the tiling very obvious from a distance.

What modeling is needed for the map? I'm a tad lost on this but maybe I could model some things.

Ideally - everything.

Most importantly - stuff like the pillars, the podium/ramp in the back part of the room and perhaps the lamps in the ceiling.

@@DT85 So.... I just downloaded the msot recent files for the Df2 mod and completely replaced my DF2 folder with them.
And this is what I got:
https://jkhub.org/albums/36BIQ

that floor tiling is giving me eyecancer.
It works with such a simple, fairly undetailed texture, with a mroe detailed material this will look horrible

I also noticed the textures on your door are missing for some reason.