Dark Palace Texture Re-creation

Looking good. A few things:

- did you make an emissive texture for the light?

- why are the metal beams on the ceiling, black?

- did you mess with the lighting?

They are black because they now actually reflect light, and up there they are left in shadows, metals end up extremely shiny in GL2 and I increased the roughness to counteract that a little since that screenshot was taken.

The Lights currently only have a basic glow stage in their shader, but I was thinking about looking into making an emissive shader for them.

I left all of your pointlights where they were, even the ridiculous source less ones floating in midair.

I do plan to revise the lighting after refreshing my Radiant knowledge on that topic.

But I did use different build commands, yours left the entire map fullbright and terribly overexposed.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/207069020195651584/317040330346201098/shot2017-05-24_22-43-09.jpg

Yeah, that's not what it should look like lol. :P

From what I understand, we won't need to do the weird floating lights once SomaZ is finished with the lighting stuff because of light bouncing off surfaces. Could be wrong though. I'll look into trying to do something to fix it for now, though.

Yea, originally I thought we scrap completely the original light system, but I'm at the point where I'd like to keep it as an option for slower systems. This means we will keep the lights as they are. (even the floating ones) The new light system will completely ignore the original lights, lightmaps and the lightgrid.

DT85 likes this

Yea, originally I thought we scrap completely the original light system, but I'm at the point where I'd like to keep it as an option for slower systems. This means we will keep the lights as they are. (even the floating ones) The new light system will completely ignore the original lights, lightmaps and the lightgrid.

shit. I just deleted them in my copy of the source files :D guess i'll just import them back in if my lighting adventure fails.

So we can do up the maps with lightmaps for now, and just add the new lighting later on? I like it. Extra work, but not wasted work. Good to have these things since we're not using GL1 at all.

Btw I've added parallax mapping to the setup menus, with the option to choose relief mapping. Both makes things slow on my PC, but it sure does make 07yun look nice.

@@AshuraDX, leave the lighting to me. I have an idea on how to make it better. You're needed to make awesome models & textures. :P

So we can do up the maps with lightmaps for now, and just add the new lighting later on? I like it. Extra work, but not wasted work. Good to have these things since we're not using GL1 at all.

Btw I've added parallax mapping to the setup menus, with the option to choose relief mapping. Both makes things slow on my PC, but it sure does make 07yun look nice.

@@AshuraDX, leave the lighting to me. I have an idea on how to make it better. You're needed to make awesome models & textures. :P

Let me play around with this a little :P

I was thinking about getting back into mapping for a while now and I wanna see how far I can take this.

DT85 likes this

Is there a setting I'm missing or something? Everything is so glossy

EDIT: NVM, must have been due to the shaders being incomplete, game crashed when Yun pulled me while I was using the Bryar pistol against him, I was in 1st person mode.

My only thing is that with the lighting, everything is like full bright in there it seems. The room is much darker in the cutscenes but I'm sure that will probably change once SomaZ implements the new lighting system.