Where were you when the Star Wars broke?

I've looked through this thread several times, often having the urge to respond as well, but thought, there isn't much new to add from myself :) I would say, that I understand both sides – those, who feel the Galaxy is ruined for them, and those, who defend the new approach, believing only the films matter.

And As I said once or twice before – yes, the unique phenomena of Star Wars – that everything is connected and coexists in one universe – is no longer true for Star Wars, which, as we might say, got a Soft Reboot.

However in the past few weeks I got a new understanding of all this: when I had a talk with a younger audience. Due to their age, they haven't seen some of the films just yet, but are familiar with Rebels series, Darth Vader, Yoda, Ahsoka Tano, etc. But I made it so, that they also know Kyle Katarn now, as well as Revan, Bastila Shan. So for me it's no the question of something cancelled or changed, but rather of what you are ready to tell others. I would say, that is my own definition of hope ;)

I mean, that there is as much space for the cancelled stories, as I give them, in terms, when I mention Star Wars to other people, including the younger ones. And even mere thoughts are sometimes enough. :) So I would say, that there is much hope both for old and new stories (i.e. Old Canon (Legends) and New Canon).

And besides, addressing the ideas by other users in this thread, I want to re-quote a certain senator from The Clone Wars TV series.

"This is a democracy, and unlike the Republic, corporations do not rule us."

Kerch_Kushi.png

the_raven likes this

I mean, that there is as much space for the cancelled stories, as I give them, in terms, when I mention Star Wars to other people, including the younger ones. And even mere thoughts are sometimes enough. :) So I would say, that there is much hope both for old and new stories (i.e. Old Canon (Legends) and New Canon).

And besides, addressing the ideas by other users in this thread, I want to re-quote a certain senator from The Clone Wars TV series.

Kerch_Kushi.png

*Applause* :D