Jedi Home III - Temple Edition

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Lancelot said:

Because AngelModder has a life outside of this community, like all of us do. And we should respect that. Once he finds the time to finish, compile and upload the map, he will let us know.

He's literally said "it will be very soon" back in March of 2019. It's legit been 1.5 years now.
Even so, the waiting isn't an issue but it's rather that his communication had us excited.

Hopefully it's nothing serious and he's doing well, regardless of the map.
But it does make you wonder if it will ever be released.

6 hours ago, Aldro Koon said:

He's literally said "it will be very soon" back in March of 2019. It's legit been 1.5 years now.
Even so, the waiting isn't an issue but it's rather that his communication had us excited.

Hopefully it's nothing serious and he's doing well, regardless of the map.
But it does make you wonder if it will ever be released.

That's correct. But within one and a half years, so much can happen. He probably had, and still has, so much going on in his life that mapping has become a minor matter. After all, it's just a hobby, not a full-time job.

I admit that my statement (which you conveniently quoted and marked) is not really correct, since his status reports have been vague recently. He may have raised hopes for a soon release, but those weren't promises. He merely reflected his current status, which can change. Maybe we should wait until he comes back and gives us a proper update, before this topic gets drowned in speculation. Until then, let's hope that he is well.

On 9/5/2020 at 2:12 AM, Lancelot said:

AngelModder has a life outside of this community, like all of us do. And we should respect that. 

On 9/5/2020 at 11:21 PM, Lancelot said:

After all, it's just a hobby, not a full-time job.

There's absolutely no reason to go on the defensive here. You also don't get to passively silence anyone by demanding respect for any authors privacy or pace of work - because no one is demanding or pressuring AngelModder to do anything. But the fact remains that this project has long since come to a point where all we can do, is to ask - wait and hope. And doing so shouldn't lead to a Staff member waltzing in saying: "have some respect, sit down and wait patiently".  That's basically what happened here. And there's a meme about it which you may have seen (hint: will ferrell).

So we don't need a fire extinguisher because there is no fire. ? All's good.

@z3filus

There is probably some misunderstanding here. I wasn't going to de-escalate or demand anything, at least not in the way a staff member would. My point was that AngelModder probably has more important things to focus on right now, and that we should remember that mapping is not his main priority. Because of that, a soon release can't be guaranteed.

DarthValeria, Teancum, Jeff and 2 others like this
  • 3 months later...

I just want to say thank you. All of you. I've for a long time not really felt like I belonged her any more. Some of you know me personally, and for that I'm sorry. For those who don't - These maps are the only thing good I do. This last year and a half has been spent isolating myself in depression and just a sense of completely giving up. I'm not exactly making a come back. But I promised. I think I've failed enough promises. 

I am so very sorry to those I've hurt. I'm sorry Anoek. After this maps release I think it's best I just fade away. I had a great many wonderful years with you all. But I'm a bad person and I don't fit in any more. 
I've poured my heart and soul into these maps. When my parents died, that was Arrevanous 7, when I lost my self Titanic, and when I rose to my highest and fell to my lowest in every way  Jedi's home 3. They have been my muses. I say this with no exaggeration I would be dead if not for these projects. I would've been dead long ago if not for Jawa they were a home away from my problems for so long. But I messed that up and can never go back. 
I can't begin to explain the emotional rollercoaster behind each map. My level of obsession with each. But the wounds of the last 3 years can't be put in a map. Not this time. 

I want to take the time to thank you all for your continued support while I was away. I honestly am deeply touched. 

I've just got nothing left to give.

Nicholas David Duncan - AngelModder

Bubbles, DarthValeria, Cor and 10 others like this

@AngelModder

Hearing this behind the scenes view is deeply touching and quite shocking for someone that didn't know what was going on. You can see the passion you invest in your work, the quality that it translates to. It's tragic to hear how you feel about yourself. I love that these projects have been a muse and have given you strength. It's tragic that the newer pains can't be translated, but there are still modding communities out there, mappers and modelers and reskinners and players. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

@AngelModder

I'm sure Jawa will take you back if you try. They have been banning me for years and somehow still let me play on their servers.

Positive mindset is the best attitude to have although I know it is not easy. Don't let yourself get into a cycle of self-hatred.

Your maps are awesome and many people like myself who has no idea who you are has had tons of fun playing them.  So you have brought a lot of fun into the world. That is more than I can claim or most people in fact.

AngelModder likes this

@AngelModder

I know I'm just a stranger, but I don't think you're a bad person at all. It sounds like you've been through so much, and all that can put a strain on anyone's mental state.

And I can tell people here care about ya. Stress gets to everyone, and depression sucks. I'm sure we all (or at least most of us) completely understand.

I know I'm mostly a lurker, and I've never actually talked to you before, but I was worried when you went radio silent for a while but I am glad to see a post from you. And I do hope you don't fade away completely, and log in to keep in touch just so we don't go out of our minds with worry for ya. ?

AngelModder likes this
On 12/16/2020 at 3:53 PM, AngelModder said:

I just want to say thank you. All of you. I've for a long time not really felt like I belonged her any more. Some of you know me personally, and for that I'm sorry. For those who don't - These maps are the only thing good I do. This last year and a half has been spent isolating myself in depression and just a sense of completely giving up. I'm not exactly making a come back. But I promised. I think I've failed enough promises. 

I am so very sorry to those I've hurt. I'm sorry Anoek. After this maps release I think it's best I just fade away. I had a great many wonderful years with you all. But I'm a bad person and I don't fit in any more. 
I've poured my heart and soul into these maps. When my parents died, that was Arrevanous 7, when I lost my self Titanic, and when I rose to my highest and fell to my lowest in every way  Jedi's home 3. They have been my muses. I say this with no exaggeration I would be dead if not for these projects. I would've been dead long ago if not for Jawa they were a home away from my problems for so long. But I messed that up and can never go back. 
I can't begin to explain the emotional rollercoaster behind each map. My level of obsession with each. But the wounds of the last 3 years can't be put in a map. Not this time. 

I want to take the time to thank you all for your continued support while I was away. I honestly am deeply touched. 

Hi Nicholas, i've playing this for about 20 years... and i must say... Arrevanous 7 become for me a sacred place, the one I needed for my jedi academy. You're the creator of that marvel, it’s a shame you won't be around to move that to higher degree of perfection... whatever is going on with yourself, the weight you may be carrying on, you’re not alone, you are not the only one, alone is how we born and die, but in the between you can find help, so you can share those feelings and make space in your own to become better every day, in a little way...

well i just came here to say Thanks

AngelModder likes this
On 12/16/2020 at 1:53 PM, AngelModder said:

I don't know you that well, but I've been in a similar place myself for the past 3 years. If you ever need to talk, or even just vent, please, please talk to me. I don't think anyone cares more about the maps then your feelings. You are important, you matter and you should feel like you matter. If you have no one there, just know, whether I know you well or not, I care about you, and I want you to be okay and someday rise above all this depression. I sometimes feel like I don't belong either, this community can be harsh and expect so much and be so ungrateful sometimes and it sucks.

Just know you are loved and appreciated, and that while a map would be great, your sanity, mental and physical health are far more important, and I think I can speak for everyone here when I say we all want you to be okay more then just about anything you could give us game-wise. I used Arrevanous a lot, and it resonated with me, the messages I saw, didn't know if it was a girlfriend or a friend or family member you'd lost, but I do know it truly resonated with me because I too have lost a lot of people. My father passed away in 2015, my grandfather, multiple uncles I was close with, and even a cousin I grew up with has passed away recently.

So if nothing else, just know you have someone here that understands maybe at least some of your pain, even if it hardly helps at all, just know you have someone here who knows some small inkling of how you feel. Anything I could ever do to help you, please, tell me.

You are loved, you are important, and you are amazing, Nicholas, remember that, and remember that we love you with all our hearts, you are a credit to this community and we couldn't be prouder of you.

Sending it to the man who will be making it's trailer today. It still needs to just a few tweaks this week while he films that. Just small touch ups a missing texture here a "oh crap I forgot to turn that light on" level of little things. Nothing that's gonna hold us up at all. Everything is fitting within my plans time limits.  

https://ibb.co/yWrGRQs

"We are Jedi, like our Fathers & Mothers before us." 

Nicholas D Duncan - AngelModder

5 lucky people recieved a copy in private of the lastest alpha. I encourage them to brag here! I'm looking for one more, I need some one who knows mapping, isn't a prick, can quickly take some notes of any major problems over the next few days, and is ready to see this damn thing done already! ?❤️

So who is it gonna be? 

I also need one fan, so the next one who pm's me the words "#Jh3" Will get a copy. So long as they keep it quiet!!! SHHHH In other words they cant show any one any thing!!!!

8 hours ago, AngelModder said:

5 lucky people recieved a copy in private of the lastest alpha. I encourage them to brag here! I'm looking for one more, I need some one who knows mapping, isn't a prick, can quickly take some notes of any major problems over the next few days, and is ready to see this damn thing done already! ?❤️

So who is it gonna be? 

I also need one fan, so the next one who pm's me the words "#Jh3" Will get a copy. So long as they keep it quiet!!! SHHHH In other words they cant show any one any thing!!!!

I propose noodle ?

SebTheAlchemist likes this