Jedi Home III - Temple Edition

I just deleted several posts worth of senseless stupidity (and reactions to it), and banned a very disruptive user who absolutely couldn't participate in a discussion in a sensible and mature way.

ಠ_ಠ

Another staff member locked this thread (quite rightly), but I'm going to be really cheeky and try keeping it open, because this discussion was more-or-less fine up until that point. Please treat each other like humans, alright?

I was hoping you would come in and clean house, Caelum. Thank you. :(

Project canceled -  I just don't want to work on mapping any more. Too many years spent in fact wasted doing it with little to no pay off. I will be deleting the demo asap. Sorry, I don't belong any where in this community any more so theirs really no need for me to continue working for it. 

Sorry. 

Wish you all the best - AngelModder

Excuse the requote. I totally understand and that's too bad. I STRONGLY disagree with 'years wasted doing it with little payoff'. Take care.

Lancelot likes this

Well, I'm taking some steps atm to get my self on my feet. I have not deleted any of my files, I wouldn't throw away that much work LOL. Perhaps in time I will reopen the project, but right now I just need to focus on me. I found a decent cheap set of apartments near by, and I'm trying to get my old job back. 
I guess I have to admit my depression really gets me down some times, and Instead of coming to others for help I put all the stress on myself. A constant quest for perfection that I can never live up to. My own standards are way to high. In turn that becomes anger that I take out on the wrong people. 
Look lets just mark it as postponed for a while, by spring I should be in a better living situation and perhaps then I'll continue my work. I apologize for the drama but well that's my mind, I eat away at myself. 

AngelModder - Don't give up hope. 

Well, I'm taking some steps atm to get my self on my feet. I have not deleted any of my files, I wouldn't throw away that much work LOL. Perhaps in time I will reopen the project, but right now I just need to focus on me. I found a decent cheap set of apartments near by, and I'm trying to get my old job back. 

I guess I have to admit my depression really gets me down some times, and Instead of coming to others for help I put all the stress on myself. A constant quest for perfection that I can never live up to. My own standards are way to high. In turn that becomes anger that I take out on the wrong people. 

Look lets just mark it as postponed for a while, by spring I should be in a better living situation and perhaps then I'll continue my work. I apologize for the drama but well that's my mind, I eat away at myself. 

AngelModder - Don't give up hope. 

I know the feeling all too well. It gets to you when you're at your weakest and that's when it becomes the hardest to fight. 

Take the time you have off to get back on your feet, cause that comes first above all else. And that motto is a good one to hold onto, so yes. Never give up hope. 

And we will all be here for you if you need us. :)

AngelModder likes this

It's good to see your response... and to see the inner workings.

Like everyone has said already, your well being is the most important. I'm glad you found some apartments and it'll be good to get your feet under you.

If you ever want to talk about things, not just the mod, but life, know there are people here willing to listen. That's what makes this a community, and one that has lasted so long. We admire your craft, but it's nothing without the crafter.

Take care, and be well.

If you happen to run into any freak q3map2 errors, chances are that I've seen and fixed them while developing my mapping plugin for max, so if you encounter anything you don't know hit me up ;D

I am dealing with some compiling problems atm, with 18 k brushes, ive gotto drop it down because I'm at ************ ERROR ************

MAX_MAP_DRAW_VERTS. I have for a long time now suspected it's one particular thing (unsure as to what exactly) causing this error. usually this would mean a patch is to complex, but I've been incredibly careful as I've built. I dnk I just have a hunch, theirs one thing that's stopping it. 

As far as polishing off goes - Furniture needs put in place and final furniture textures designed, final entity work, secret area setups (they're in the map but about half currently haven't been set up as to where/how you find them), final shader adjustments this will take a bit as fort me shaders are an art form all there own. Final construction cleanups. The swoop track needs several traps set up along it for the racers, it's a long list, but the map is built. Just needs finished.

ZanderNao likes this

I am dealing with some compiling problems atm, with 18 k brushes, ive gotto drop it down because I'm at ************ ERROR ************

MAX_MAP_DRAW_VERTS. I have for a long time now suspected it's one particular thing (unsure as to what exactly) causing this error. usually this would mean a patch is to complex, but I've been incredibly careful as I've built. I dnk I just have a hunch, theirs one thing that's stopping it.

As far as polishing off goes - Furniture needs put in place and final furniture textures designed, final entity work, secret area setups (they're in the map but about half currently haven't been set up as to where/how you find them), final shader adjustments this will take a bit as fort me shaders are an art form all there own. Final construction cleanups. The swoop track needs several traps set up along it for the racers, it's a long list, but the map is built. Just needs finished.

Can you send me a full compiler log up to that point?

It should be possible to identify the exact patch/brush that's causing this.

AngelModder likes this

Bad news - I couldn't find a job in time, so I'm quiet literally going homeless tomorrow. I don't know how this happened. Any ways I'm going to have to postpone the projects finishing steps until I can get back on my feet. Not sure when that will be, all of the shelters are full up because of the weather here in illinois. 

Bad news - I couldn't find a job in time, so I'm quiet literally going homeless tomorrow. I don't know how this happened. Any ways I'm going to have to postpone the projects finishing steps until I can get back on my feet. Not sure when that will be, all of the shelters are full up because of the weather here in illinois.

Ah crap, wish you the best. Hope you find something very soon. :(

Anyone that can create such things should not be homeless. I'm old & experienced enough to understand many things. It's a dam shame you don't live closer to me, you would so NOT be homeless, OR jobless. RB, Vancouver BC.

Anyone that can create such things should not be homeless. I'm old & experienced enough to understand many things. It's a dam shame you don't live closer to me, you would so NOT be homeless, OR jobless. RB, Vancouver BC.

I appreciate it, I'm in the middle of packing up the last bit of my stuff now. I guess I just wanted to pop in and say farewell for a while. To be honest I'm pretty freaked out, I haven't been homeless since I was in my early 20's. I've called around to the shelters but they're all full because we're in freezing temperatures right now. I literally feel sick to my stomach I'm so damn nervous and upset atm I want to scream. I hate Illinois, I hate Peoria... every time I'm back here it just all falls apart.

Be safe... Be careful.

I don't know how good the Goodwills are around your area since every region is different, but they usually have a Job Connection service that works with different employers in the area so maybe that's one possible option. But you're probably gone at this point... I just hope things go okay for you! We'll be thinking of you.

• 1 month later...