Jedi Home III - Temple Edition

Only 3dsMax 2017, Max2018 run properly on Windows 10. Older versions of 3dsmax are glitchy. You can try compatibility settings. Probably the same applies to Maya.

I ran 2015 on Windows 10 without any problems. Doing the same with 2016 at the moment.

LOL So I am considering also releasing the map in sections on release day as well as the "whole map together". So an updated finished council room/cermony hall/roof top hanger as one, maybe for those who just wanna rp in the temple a map of "just" that and cut out the courtyard and other sections of the map. Might help RP'ers for load time's etc.

And then the other forementioned area's (hotel section and or hanger/senate hall and room) as seperate bsp's. I dnk if that's overkill but it is easilly doable and would help a lot of folks out. As well in those said sections I can really increase the light map scaling since those will be much smaller compiles. 

LOL So I am considering also releasing the map in sections on release day as well as the "whole map together". So an updated finished council room/cermony hall/roof top hanger as one, maybe for those who just wanna rp in the temple a map of "just" that and cut out the courtyard and other sections of the map. Might help RP'ers for load time's etc.

And then the other forementioned area's (hotel section and or hanger/senate hall and room) as seperate bsp's. I dnk if that's overkill but it is easilly doable and would help a lot of folks out. As well in those said sections I can really increase the light map scaling since those will be much smaller compiles. 

target_level change?

target_portal? LOL

What I mean is, you can't have too much stuff loaded at once or the game will crash. So instead when you go to another map, it somehow clears all the current stuff out of memory and loads the next map without disconnecting from the server.

What I mean is, you can't have too much stuff loaded at once or the game will crash. So instead when you go to another map, it somehow clears all the current stuff out of memory and loads the next map without disconnecting from the server.

So basically removing the loading screen and retaining kills and all that?

Despite it being a huge undertaking you’d have to reset everyone’s position to spawn points in the new map anyways least they appear in a newly formed wall.

And what’s the end goal? Retain kill score? Maintain persistent multiplayer lobby?

I think a cooler solution would be to somehow put JKA chat into its own widget which stays during loading screens so people can continue to tell each other that their mother sucks at base while mp/ffa3 loads.

z3filus, Lazarus and Delmi like this

So basically removing the loading screen and retaining kills and all that?

Despite it being a huge undertaking you’d have to reset everyone’s position to spawn points in the new map anyways least they appear in a newly formed wall.

And what’s the end goal? Retain kill score? Maintain persistent multiplayer lobby?

I think a cooler solution would be to somehow put JKA chat into its own widget which stays during loading screens so people can continue to tell each other that their mother sucks at base while mp/ffa3 loads.

What I mean is, you can actually walk around while the next map is loading. A loading area type of place. Instead of having to have a vid_restart type of scenario. 

A more seamless experience. Problem is, I'm not sure if this is even possible.

RebelChum likes this

A more seamless experience. Problem is, I'm not sure if this is even possible.

We gotta be getting close. I mean, if people can entity edit in entire new areas into base jka maps then why can’t it be done on the fly?

The vis (lighting) might suck though...

Ohhhh, yeah! That's going to be so amazingly helpful for film making! Then there's the option of reducing the load for intense scenes in the smaller maps, or using the full map for transitions and establishing shots.

I haven't been as excited for a map release since Chalkyne's force unleashed tie factory, and that one never got released... This is going to be one of the best maps ever and I can't wait!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was thinking back on this... How many hangar bays are there going to be? There was the poll about what ship to put in, and then you started building the Rhino, and having enough room in one to spawn different vehicles to show them off would be useful, but probably wasn't in your original plans... Also, is that something that might be different in the full map versus the smaller independent map sections?

• 2 weeks later...

As an alternative idea, what if you released the smaller slices like you did the demo section leading up to release day? The feedback you get could help improve the master map? It could also help tide people over. Then again, it is a lot of extra work that could potentially delay the full release... so do what you feel is best!

• 2 weeks later...

LOL Sorry I've bveen busy asf guys, I'm actually making a small come back full time to JKA. Gonna be reworking the Old pride server into a testing facility with a auto DLed version of this map soon. Or at least that's the plan. A simple unlock would allow folks to connect and Auto dled the most recent version as I'm working and testing. Theirs been a lot of design changes, this time around however and this close to the maps ending I am more then ever set on secrecy. So sadly no photo or video updates. Theirs been a lot of changes and I want to see how big of a splash this will make. Soon coming to a youtube near you XD