yasuakiNk's WIP

I will post my mod images here before upload for approval.

<MOD lists & status>

1)Obi-Wan Kenobi Ep1

2)Qui-Gon Jinn

-My model

-Seven's Qui-Gon poncho model

3)Mace Windu

I have a plan to update as ver1.6

4)Count Dooku

Under making to get approval

5)Luke ESB & ROTJ

Under making to get approval

I love how you try to make them more movie acurate possible. I'm impatient to download that Windu

Thank you! That's very kind of you to say. I would like to work like you.

Currently, I have a "Uncanny Valley Syndrome" problem that JediNoob124 is pointed out. I need to tone down the realism.
"Uncanny Valley Syndrome" - meaning the character almost looks real, but your brain subconsciously picks up on the illusion - making it a bit off-putting.

The Mace is quite decent! Except:

-Some weighing issues, especially the hands

-Apparently no robed version?

-Mace's head looks a tad bit too realistic

Other than that, its good

Thank you very much for your comment. I'm very appreciative of your detail review. It is very helpful for me.

-Some weighing issues, especially the hands: <-I'm very sorry. I'm using the Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5 for rigging and weight adjust. Unfortunately, I don't have skill to clear for weight adjust by using weight editor. If there is a good tutorial somewhere, I would like to learn it.

-Apparently no robed version?: <-Yes. I like the Kualan's Mace Windu. But I thought unrobed tunic costume and boots are needed to improve. This is why I released it. So, I would like to add robed version at next release.

-Mace's head looks a tad bit too realistic: <- JediNoob124, tompa9 pointed out it to me. I'll try my best.

swegmaster likes this
  • 1 month later...

Don't photosource, looks terrible. Especially how Windu's left brow is raised all the time, like he had a stroke or something. Faces should be relaxed.

Thank you for comment.
I don't know if the eyebrow should be symmetrical, because in many cases it is not symmetrical. Please refer to images as follows. I will try to raise right eyebrow. TFU head is also the same situation, do you think face should  be modified?
YExrPIA.jpg
MAwSm1S.jpg
z3filus and yeyo JK like this

Don't photosource, looks terrible. Especially how Windu's left brow is raised all the time, like he had a stroke or something. Faces should be relaxed.

As @@DT85 advised, I created a new face with no expression.
As for eyebrow, right eyebrow is raised. I hope you don't feel there is anything strange about it. If you are not convinced by it, please request to me within 1 week.

SbGlnfo.jpg
jrXI5w4.jpg
WYivAjt.jpg

ugMZ0W5.jpg
9eakcwl.jpg
8rtEe73.jpg
Delmi, GPChannel, z3filus and 2 others like this

As @@DT85 advised, I created a new face with no expression.
As for eyebrow, right eyebrow is raised. I hope you don't feel there is anything strange about it. If you are not convinced by it, please request to me within 1 week.

SbGlnfo.jpg
jrXI5w4.jpg
WYivAjt.jpg

ugMZ0W5.jpg
9eakcwl.jpg
8rtEe73.jpg

I think making model with that method should end with many color and lightning fixes. Only his face has light on the surface - most of his bold head doesnt which looks kinda weird. 

yasuakiNk likes this

I think making model with that method should end with many color and lightning fixes. Only his face has light on the surface - most of his bold head doesnt which looks kinda weird. 

That is just as you pointed out.

It is a disadvantage of the method based on the photograph.
Because the face photograph is placed on the head mesh, only the face becomes extremely real.
(Only face has light on the surface)
This disadvantage was pointed out by jediNoob124, tompa9, swegmaster. 

Adding color and lighting to the texture, there is a high possibility that it causes un-natural issue.
("Uncanny Valley Syndrome" problem that JediNoob124 is pointed out)

This drawback appears remarkably in a bold head like Mace Windu. The solution is to tone down the realism like TFU head texture.
If I reduce the color with the same level of the TFU texture, Only face has light on the surface and it seems too flat for me.
It depends on your preference.

Anyway, your advice is very helpful for me. Thank you very much.
I will try my best, but I can not solve this problem as of now.

4rw550G.jpg

4IgC2x2.jpg
yeyo JK, swegmaster and Langerd like this

Dooku's neck needs to be similar to his face, otherwise it looks bad. However, the face is looking quite good, much more similar to the movie version than many other models I've seen around.

Thank you for your comment. That is just as you pointed out. It was shoddy work. I will improve this. Thank you.
  • 10 months later...