STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remaster of Movie Duels II)

There actually was a Movie Duels modification focused on the Original Trilogy, but was discontinued and all the original skins (some of which were really good IMHO) were seemingly lost.

rebels.jpg

ewoks.jpg

yoda.1.jpg

There's still a demo version available though.

I remember those skins.. they looked kinda finished and they look rly well .. too bad it was never realsed

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@ZanderNao

It is possible to hide certain elements from a model, like the eyes. I think you need to edit some lines in the .skin file (you know, the text files that are found in the directory of the model).

I gave that file a quick look and saw the line eyes, models/players/jedi_EW/eyes.

@@ZanderNao

It is possible to hide certain elements from a model, like the eyes. I think you need to edit some lines in the .skin file (you know, the text files that are found in the directory of the model).

I gave that file a quick look and saw the line eyes, models/players/jedi_EW/eyes.

Ahhhhh, that's a good tip actually. Just have to get the alignment on the rest of the Ewok face to match, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Off to the drawing boards!

AH! It worked! You have solved an age old problem!

Lancelot and TheWhitePhoenix like this

I mean, it's the name of the mod. That seems like an important detail to me. :D

Ultimately, we didn't create the original content. We're "remastering" something that came before. So, we don't wanna be changing the name or title of something that wasn't originally ours.. So, it'll remain as "MD2 Remastered" or "Movie Duels II Remastered", for the time being.

Tompa9 and yeyo JK like this

Ultimately, we didn't create the original content. We're "remastering" something that came before. So we don't want to be changing the name or title of something that wasn't originally ours.. So, it'll remain as "MD2 Remastered" or "Movie Duels II Remastered".

That's fair enough.

Ultimately, we didn't create the original content. We're "remastering" something that came before. So we don't want to be changing the name or title of something that wasn't originally ours.. So, it'll remain as "MD2 Remastered" or "Movie Duels II Remastered".

That's redundant. You're already changing the name by giving it a subtitle. 

JRWuuXL.png

Smoo likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

ATTENTION!!! We are looking for a person who knows basic coding principles in the game. We have some issues with mod which can´t be solved only by simple replacement like "hardcoded" player models in intros and so on :) We would really appreciate some help. Thank you :)

General Howard likes this
Basically, what @@Tompa9 is trying to say.. Is that in some intros/cut-scenes and missions, playermodels seem to be "hard-coded".
As an example, the Anakin model, on Mustafar. During the "Battle of Heroes" scene, it takes "hs_anakin's" skin even when it is replaced by his (Tompa9's) version. Normal models are replaced in the npc file but the one for that mission is missing, so it seems like it's coded.

If any coders can help out with this, it'd be greatly appreciated.
yeyo JK and Tompa9 like this

Basically, what @@Tompa9 is trying to say.. Is that in some intros/cut-scenes and missions, playermodels seem to be "hard-coded".
As an example, the Anakin model, on Mustafar. During the "Battle of Heroes" scene, it takes "hs_anakin's" skin even when it is replaced by his (Tompa9's) version. Normal models are replaced in the npc file but the one for that mission is missing, so it seems like it's coded.

If any coders can help out with this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I highly doubt they are hardcoded. Have you checked the related script files? Maybe that's giving the instruction to make that model hs_anakin's.

DarthDementous likes this

I highly doubt they are hardcoded. Have you checked the related script files? Maybe that's giving the instruction to make that model hs_anakin's.

I am begginer with this, maybe it is scripted not "hard coded"... for me it is the same, I am no expert. Scripter, coder...but we need somebody like this badly :)

It's probably using a separate cutscene model rather than controlling the player model. Should be simple enough to fix if so. Depending on the situation you can set the cutscene actor model to the player's model/skin in the Icarus script. If you decompile it you can open it in notepad and make the change. I don't have MB installed, so I can't say for sure if that's the case.

Regardless, what I'd probably do with all future scripts is have one that sets the player skin at the start, then have any cutscenes reference the player skin for cutscene actors.

SET_PLAYERMODEL on icarus script involved, affecting the incriminate entity NPC_targetname \targetname that use wrong model, and you can fix the issue. is not hardcoding.  :) and scripting is preatty easy compared to coding.

Are you sure? I seem to recall SET_PLAYERMODEL crashes the game when used with NPCs, and only seems to work with players.

Langerd likes this

Are you sure? I seem to recall SET_PLAYERMODEL crashes the game when used with NPCs, and only seems to work with players.

I noticed by experience the crash can happened if playermodel command is called by UI menu file before a level map starts.

SET_PLAYERMODEL executed by a script inside the map, on the player works fine... mmm never tryied on NPC ... damn, i not knew it crash on NPC sorry >.< mmm... this can make things more complicated. if that cannot work, the only way is to edit map of incriminated cinematics with entity modding, or ask original source map file by author for change the entities model called into cinematics.

Yep .. it crashes .. i remember i wanted to make npc fly after loosing half of health in my Morin mod.. and it crashed.

I think it is script work.. Do You remember Light side ending in the game? Tavion Changed the skin 

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SKIN", "models/players/tavion_new/model_possessed.skin" ); 

I found that line in the sdk scripts (i rly recommend to check them.. there are all Jedi Academy scripts that You can simply open in the notepad).

The issue i think is that .. The script that You have is converted IBI file... and sadly there is big chances that line like that is there somewhere in the converted script.. :/

Is there any chance to .. convert it back to the file that is edit able?