STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remaster of Movie Duels II)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hy!

I have a little question :)

If I create a SP character, and i use cheat "setforceall 9" why can't I use saberthrow? (Only kick)

I know the movie characters have special forms, but I want saberthrow with Obi-Wan xDD

Saberthrow is my best attack :D

Thank you for your answer! :)

Hy!

If I create a SP character, and i use cheat "setforceall 9" why can't I use saberthrow? (Only kick)

I know the movie characters have special forms, but I want saberthrow with Obi-Wan xDD

The kicking animation is for double bladed lightsabers. If you are using a double blade, you can't saber throw. Is that what's going on?

Also, force powers generally only go up to 4 anyhow so setting them to 9 might be causing strange things.

Hy!

Saber throw is allowed only for Yoda, Vader and Starkiller as their ALT attack. Rest of characters have kicks instead. Because of accuracy.

General Howard likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Will there be levels from episodes IV-VIII? and i can't play this mod on my computer for some reason.

Hello dude! Yeah I think our first OT mission will be revamped Deathstar duel. It won't make May the 4th build but it should be in Christmas build already. A progress is slow now because of IRL so some members have taken pause from modding. For your problem, I don't know what is wrong. You have to describe error or join our discord server.

Hello dude! Yeah I think our first OT mission will be revamped Deathstar duel. It won't make May the 4th build but it should be in Christmas build already. A progress is slow now because of IRL so some members have taken pause from modding. For your problem, I don't know what is wrong. You have to describe error or join our discord server.

well it keeps saying msvcp140.dll is missing from my computer i do not have the steam version of jedi academy, i tried everything i can to fix it, 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all of you!

There haven't been many Movie Duels updates in this thread for a long while, but don't worry, we are very much active (or at least, as active as can be during a time of school and work) on other sources, those being Discord and ModDB, so I would recommend checking those more often than this thread.

Anyways, since the last update here, well, a lot has happened. We lost two team members, first our lead texture artist, yeyo JK. He hadn't actually left us, per se, but rather went into a deep inactivity everywhere online, and as such, eventually had to be removed, but he will be re-added back if he ever comes back and takes up interest in being part of the team once again.

Another member of the team, our lead coder JaceSolaris, left the mod due to lost interest and motivation, which I don't blame him for, and wish him farewell in future endeavors, and another member of our team, a great contributor to the mod and well-known member on this forum, Langerd, has also left the team, except it wasn't just the team he left, he seemingly left the internet entirely similar to yeyo, except he left us, all of us, a farewell post here, in his Bespin: Cloud City SP Mod thread.The best I can say for Langerd and the other lost team members is, I pray your lives are moving forward peacefully.

To move on from some quite saddening news, here's some stuff on what's been done with the MD mod since our last update:

- All lightsaber hilts in the mod are replaced with ones from @@Plasma's Lightsaber Hilt Collection! Each hilt has an extremely high quality look, on the level of modern day game quality! Also, each one in said pack is optimized with LODs for greater performance in-game so big props to Plasma for making it!

- Engage Jango Fett has been renamed to Bounty Hunter's Escape, and the level has been overhauled to use Movie Battles 2's Kamino Platform, by DarthNorman, Plasma, and MaceMadunusus! 

- All menus in the mod have been overhauled with a new, modernized version of the old UI!

The next bit of news is that the next update of Movie Duels will be released this month! The team originally intended for this to be released on the fourth of May, but there were still issues with the build, such as the next major existing mission overhaul, Confrontation with Dooku (renamed to The Count's Retreat), not being fully finished yet, and several other unmentioned issues.

With all of this being said, stay tuned!..

and here's a sneak peak at the new User Interface overhaul!

irtOxtI.jpg

Langerd, krkarr, Tompa9 and 2 others like this

So does that mean the MD2 Remastered is no longer going to support SJE sabersystem,

or there's still some hope on such feature?

With Best Reguards

from sunny Russia

It will be at some point, yes. However, as of right now.. It's not a high priority, as there's many other things and issues that need addressing. But we'll be looking in to it more, further down the line, once we're happy and in a good position, to do so.

DarthStiv likes this

I can't confirm this. As Sweg said, Jace has left our team and there is nobody who can do further coding improvements of it. Our priority now is to create new missions or revamps of older ones so it is highly unlikely it will be ever featured.

• 2 weeks later...

*May Update/Announcement*

As a middle of the year update on the mod, the Movie Duels Team is currently in search of coders, for the development roster.

Although, this has gone un-announced, our main coder (JaceSolaris) left the team not too long ago, due to lost interest in the mod. It was unfortunate, but it's understandable to see where he was coming from, as keeping interest in modding a 2003 game isn't easy. Another member of our team, @@Langerd, left the team because of real-world issues of his own, that he did not describe, but does not need to. The team wishes both of them good luck and all the best for their future endeavours.

That is why we're in need new coders who're skilled with C++. If any of you are interested, contact me or @@swegmaster (via a PM) with an example of any C++ coding work you might have done, and we will look to adding you to the team!

This also brings us to another topic for an update.. How active is the current team roster? So far, this is the status of each member from what we know or have been told:

swegmaster:
Will be more active in the summer months, doing various improvements for the mod.

General Howard (myself):
Currently, semi-active. But also have outside real-world projects to tend to. Current known MD Team projects are; doing a NEW, more "movie accurate" Palpatine's Office skybox, and doing a UI revamp (that clashes with swegmaster's for different styles, with the loading screens style that's largely influenced by EA Battlefront (2015)'s Loading Screens).

GP Channel:
Held up by work presumably, little time to develop for the mod.

JediNoob124:
Inactive, official reasoning is connection issues, but that was 2 months ago, doubt rests in the air on if he has connection issues still.

MasterJin:
Former KotF team member kicked off the team for not having made enough maps in due time. Brought over to our team for mapping work on Outskirts of Tatooine, which so far looks phenominal. Unknown state of activity.

Penekowski:
Also held up by work and IRL.

Sir Crusher:
University keeps him delayed.

Tompa9:
Active in doing new challenge levels for challenge mode.

The team would also like to introduce our new Beta Testers @clonetrooper, @MikeDiscord (also our Media Manager), and @@TheWhitePhoenix !
Right now, Beta Tester positions are closed.. As the team (or what is active of it) is still trying to figure out a way for adding Beta Testers to the team. Also, the next update of the mod will still be within the time-zone of May, with tons of new content to show for it!

Have a great upcoming weekend!
Movie Duels Team
  • 1 month later...