STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remaster of Movie Duels II)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already knew of Ahsoka Rebels hilts that haven't been "out" for the public but were in an MBII skinpack that I had ripped before to put into peneke. Also wondering if lightsaber blocking/slapping systems and repulse from MBII will be added? It's the only thing I ever felt was missing from the original. Nice to see you potentially adding new missions as well!

• 1 month later...

I play the original Movie Duels on mac and I just Downloaded the new remastered version. I placed the files in the base folder and launched the game, and i worked fine until i clicked on a level and it crashed. I Realized the maps and models are not transfering into the game even tho their PK3 files are in the base folder. Can anyone Help??

• 1 month later...

Hello all, this thread hasn't been updated in quite a while, so I'll give a quick update. After some drama between Tompa and Damian, that resulted in a mess of 2 Movie Duels Discord Servers, I ended up becoming the new leader of the Movie Duels mod. You're likely wondering, how the mod's going to fare under my leadership? To answer that question, and in all honesty, the mod will fare far better than before. As a leader, I do have quite a few skills (Animator, Porter, Mapper, Scripter), and I'm making use of them with the help of my teammates, as seen in these upcoming "Rise of the Empire" Era mission revamps: 

You're probably wondering, what about the old leader Damian, is he still on the team? Yes he is, Damian is still on the team as a Texture Artist, and we also got ourselves a new member. I'd like all of you to meet @@Penekowski, a fellow porter/sound editor, and also the man who inspired me to do work for the mod in the first place, because without his help, the mod wouldn't be as prevalent and well-done as it is today. That's all there is for now, as the new leader of the Movie Duels mod, I will ensure this mod gets more progress done, at a better overall quality than before, and this page will be getting more frequent updates from now on, so stay tuned for more news on the mod's progress!

Good job so far, there are a few things that bothered me though: 

a) the background noise is too loud 

b) the footstep sounds is very annoying

3) I'd rather use the robeless models the whole cinematic than have them mysteriously dissapear and get that grey skin for a milisecond. 

Good job so far, there are a few things that bothered me though: 

a) the background noise is too loud 

b) the footstep sounds is very annoying

3) I'd rather use the robeless models the whole cinematic than have them mysteriously dissapear and get that grey skin for a milisecond. 

Thanks for leaving the tips, here's my responses to your 3 points:

a. I plan on changing the background noise to the original room ambiance from Revenge of the Sith (improved from the old MD2 version by Jedinoob124), so it should be quieter

b. I want to change the footstep sounds rather than change the cvar (changeable in settings) to be turned off, as I dislike changing settings options in missions just to get rid of a certain effect. The issue is I'm not sure if I can add custom footstep sounds to textures, so if there is a way, please let me know

c. I just now (at the time of this post) changed it so that they start walking towards Dooku with the robes on, then as soon as the camera angle changes, the robes will be removed, leaving behind the robe remains

Rescue over Coruscant: Revamp Update 2: 

-Obi-Wan now exits the elevator with Anakin properly

-The second camera angle now slowly goes down

-Anakin and Obi-Wan now have turning animations when they turn to face either Dooku or Palpatine

-Dooku now has a saber unholster animation when he jumps over the railing

-Obi-Wan and Anakin no longer take off their robes in front of the camera, rather now waiting until the camera angle changes to Dooku to take them off

scp_chaos1, Langerd, Delmi and 6 others like this

Announcement:

Hello, dear followers!

We would like to ask you for a favor and vote for our mod in Moddb - Mod of the Year competition. This the first time you can vote for our mod in this event. It isn't importnant but lets see what place we can reach and take this as an experiment. Maybe we can make TOP 100! Make sure you're logged in cause those votes count more than guest users! Thank you for your time.  :)  :winkthumb: 

Vote! https://www.moddb.com/groups/2018-mod-of-the-year-awards

dg1995 and TheWhitePhoenix like this
  • 4 weeks later...