STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remaster of Movie Duels II)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird, this kept crashing as soon as I tried to launch a mission. Probably needs a fresh install of JKA but I have too much mod crap to do that - any know conflicts I can check?

Yes try rather fresh install  :D I have MB2, KOTF and SJE installed together so It should work then.

LukeJM28 likes this

Tompa when u are going to make Ep 6 father vs son Do when playing as Vader at the and make stay on dark or Kick emperor fat ass (:DDD)

Sry if im boring

EP6 is too much distant future. We are still updating beta with bugfixes bro. Maybe we can start something new in after summer but there is no deadline.... It could be year, 2 years I dont know.

Yes try rather fresh install  :D I have MB2, KOTF and SJE installed together so It should work then.

Might need to get Jedi Academy Enhanced or OpenJk, I needed Enhanced to run it with all my other mods

• 2 weeks later...

Bugs:

1.Maul WOTS not spawns.

2.assastion on mustafar wont load other level (after anakin in ship scene) is it to me or not?

3.Error NPC generic when i want to create my charachter (not in challenge)

By Kanjiklub :D

PS Im playing mod on 32 bit i dont know how :D

Bugs:

1.Maul WOTS not spawns.

2.assastion on mustafar wont load other level (after anakin in ship scene) is it to me or not?

3.Error NPC generic when i want to create my charachter (not in challenge)

By Kanjiklub :D

PS Im playing mod on 32 bit i dont know how :D

1. Maul WOTS was removed for now

2. Assasination could be loaded when you create own Jedi in challenge mode (strange bug, game needs custom jka character), should be ok when you restart game after that

3. Dont know about this bug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Redemption

Well.. I thoroughly enjoyed a little playthrough of The Phantom Menace earlier, will crack into the rest later on.

I feckin' loved it!!!!! Well done to the team; brilliant mod!

Obviously since I'm heavily modding at the moment, I have noticed a few odd things here and there e.g. Displaying driver details bugs out, some typos like 'roughlessly' instead of 'ruthlessly', 'Jedis' where 'Jedi' would suffice.. These are minor issues that when fixed would better improve the presentation of the mod. I think the health levels in the Duel of the Fates level could be upped(perhaps its because saber damage is high) but other than that...

GREAT FECKIN' JOB!!! I had a little smile while playing it, congratulations!

Kind Regards,

Red

General Howard and yeyo JK like this

Well.. I thoroughly enjoyed a little playthrough of The Phantom Menace earlier, will crack into the rest later on.

I feckin' loved it!!!!! Well done to the team; brilliant mod!

Obviously since I'm heavily modding at the moment, I have noticed a few odd things here and there e.g. Displaying driver details bugs out, some typos like 'roughlessly' instead of 'ruthlessly', 'Jedis' where 'Jedi' would suffice.. These are minor issues that when fixed would better improve the presentation of the mod. I think the health levels in the Duel of the Fates level could be upped(perhaps its because saber damage is high) but other than that...

GREAT FECKIN' JOB!!! I had a little smile while playing it, congratulations!

Kind Regards,

Red

Hello Red,

thank you for your support! We appreciate all the support and reviews from JK community. It's still Beta and we will try to fix as many bugs as we can. Try to re-play DOF with saber damage low :) it should be default JKA saber damage. Cheers :)

General Howard likes this
Guest Redemption

Hi Tom,

That was a bit formal.. I replayed DotF with both cvars to do with saber damage disabled and still no change to how quick that level finishes - If I farted in their general direction I would kill 'em!!! :D

Now since I'm not a bad cunextuesday, I've got a little bit of knowledge that will enhance your mod:

cm_noAreas 1

Did you notice while using the 'BattleFront' camera view, that in certain angles the models would disappear??? Well, no longer a problem for you.

Character sub-menus showcase:

As I have already mentioned, I'm currently working on development of new character menus that will give player freedom of choosing more skin variants. It is pretty time consuming work and I'm working on it alone so that's why there was rather quite these days. You can also see a new Movie Duels logo that was created by @@GPChannel and edited by @@yeyo JK. I'm really proud on progress we are making although these are small steps. Stay tuned for more updates!  :winkthumb:

yoda_submenu.jpg

windu_submenu.jpg

kylo_submenu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

*Notice*
We’re releasing this statement, in order to prevent any further negative responses about the authorship of this modification. In recent days, we’ve come across a critical opinion that we’re usurping the work of Wector, to build-up our own fame and prestige in the JK community. We’d like to publicly distance ourselves from this adultery and explain the recent changes in the name of the modification, itself.

Firstly, we’d like to inform everyone that we’re not doing this project for our own fame, money or anything else.. But for you - the Community and the STAR WARS fans. This mod is a continuation of Wector's work and we do not take credit for what he’s done.

Secondly, it is a tribute. The tribute to a great and hard-working guy, who has put this together, alone. Unfortunately, Wector is no longer active in this community. If he was still around, we’re sure he would’ve no doubt updated or continued his work, just like we are doing now.

Thirdly, we have decided to rename the mod to just simply “STAR WARS: Movie Duels”. We know how much a few of you have stressed to see the name changed. We first removed the number "2", because there wasn't any official MD1. It was something like a Beta version and not a complete conversion, like this. So, previously, we were known as just “STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remastered)”. But now it’s even time to delete the “Remastered" affix, because we are entering to another phase of development. The MD Beta has showed you that the Prequel part is almost completed and we’ve now, slowly started another one - our own new missions. So, another change in the name was inevitable because this won't just be a “Remaster", anymore. We’ve decided to make it sooner, rather than later and inform you about it.

To demonstrate that we are not usurping the authorship for Wector's part, we’ve put both Wector and our MD development team credits in the Welcome! screen of our mod. So, the proof is there!

t4rGI6E.jpg

In the end, we’d like to thank you for your support, positive reviews and the fact that this game still has such a large fanbase, like it does.

Movie Duels Dev. Team

That's the most infantile thing I've ever read. Any criticism like this should be dismissed as the ramblings of an oblivious person. 

Yeah, exactly. Personally, I think the same. But with YouTubers uploading footage of our work and what we've been doing, for their subscribers and in general.. There's still people out there that're questioning our methods (Probably those that are just looking for unnecessary conflict and to try and cause unrest), but this is to hopefully shut-down all the negativity and put it to rest. It's been made clear enough and more than once. So, we won't be treading over this ground, again.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Hmm this looks like 1 update 1 week

AMAZING This mod bring me back to jedi academy.I quited academy 2 years and started again, Thanks for amazing mod I think it will be better then Kotf 2.1

how can i make project shadows and other? (if its in notepad its over xD i deleted)

My Suggestion:

Can be there select map or like free roam to let us recreate our battles or storys?

Edit:So Sorry if im boring MD 1.1 release date?

General Howard likes this

That's the most infantile thing I've ever read. Any criticism like this should be dismissed as the ramblings of an oblivious person. 

After he has read our statement: 

"You guys keep bringing up fame like I mentioned it; seems your the ones that are preoccupied with that notion of getting acknowledgement for your modding efforts. Wow, what a bunch of whiners - bite me"

So thats enough for me. I can't fight with windmills. 

"You guys keep bringing up fame like I mentioned it; seems your the ones that are preoccupied with that notion of getting acknowledgement for your modding efforts. Wow, what a bunch of whiners - bite me"

If I may @ & @@Tompa9, this entire statement the guy made comes off as projection IMO cause he didn't get the notoriety that you guys are getting. The thing is you guys don't let it get to your heads. He obviously would have. Too bad for him.

General Howard and Tompa9 like this

Yeah, exactly. Personally, I think the same. But with YouTubers uploading footage of our work and what we've been doing, for their subscribers and in general.. There's still people out there that're questioning our methods (Probably those that are just looking for unnecessary conflict and to try and cause unrest), but this is to hopefully shut-down all the negativity and put it to rest. 

Modding is a hobby. Unless people have the power to shut down what you're doing, ignore whatever drama they might spout because their opinion is meaningless. You don't seem like one of those sensitive people that stop doing stuff because an autist on the web threw a fit, so don't empower them by paying attention to them. 

So thats enough for me. I can't fight with windmills. 

Fame and acknowledgement on a JK modding forum is as relevant as the first prize in Mongolia's national throat singing contest. 

If I may @ & @@Tompa9, this entire statement the guy made comes off as projection IMO cause he didn't get the notoriety that you guys are getting. The thing is you guys don't let it get to your heads. He obviously would have. Too bad for him.

Are we talking about a youtuber or something? 

Also, whenever there's Internet Drama, remember the wise words of Tyler the creator:

JH65NB3.png

Wasa, LukeJM28, Tompa9 and 5 others like this

Modding is a hobby. Unless people have the power to shut down what you're doing, ignore whatever drama they might spout because their opinion is meaningless. You don't seem like one of those sensitive people that stop doing stuff because an autist on the web threw a fit, so don't empower them by paying attention to them. 

Fame and acknowledgement on a JK modding forum is as relevant as the first prize in Mongolia's national throat singing contest. 

Are we talking about a youtuber or something? 

Also, whenever there's Internet Drama, remember the wise words of Tyler the creator:

JH65NB3.png

Wise words, yet people are so addicted to social media and such they find it hard. It's like an addiction cause of dopamine hits. That's actually a real thing.

Tompa9, LukeJM28 and General Howard like this