STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remaster of Movie Duels II)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys. I would have to show you an exclusive footage of my recent progress. I have learned how to add walking character showcase in difficulty menu and I´ve added that feature to every mission in the mod. After playing MD original trilogy demo I´ve decided to add Deathstar duel mission also. It has also given us inspiration to create further OT missions. I hope you like it :)

https://youtu.be/AUsmr-7GkLE

P.S. bugged animations during cutscenes would be improved in full build :)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

DarthStiv and GPChannel like this
Guest Redemption

I will say this... I haven't bothered with Academy for a long, long time but this, this mod I am looking forward to. I have played the original and wector's work was amazing in this. This is what KOTF tried to be and failed (They had Tim at the helm, not a patch on Wector). All model improvements and code edits are looking GREAT!!! Keep up the good work :)

@@Tompa9 Nice work on adding the models to the menu, I think it was @@Serenity937 who paved the way for that in his EOC mod. Despite the crap he got, he added a lot of new "interesting" things/edits to the game; from the top of my head e.g Lightning block/absorb, locational damage etc... It would be interesting to see what he'd be up to if he were still active/around.  

Anyway  :winkthumb:

Tompa9, General Howard and yeyo JK like this

I will say this... I haven't bothered with Academy for a long, long time but this, this mod I am looking forward to. I have played the original and wector's work was amazing in this. This is what KOTF tried to be and failed (They had Tim at the helm, not a patch on Wector). All model improvements and code edits are looking GREAT!!! Keep up the good work :)

@@Tompa9 Nice work on adding the models to the menu, I think it was @@Serenity937 who paved the way for that in his EOC mod. Despite the crap he got, he added a lot of new "interesting" things/edits to the game; from the top of my head e.g Lightning block/absorb, locational damage etc... It would be interesting to see what he'd be up to if he were still active/around.  

Thank you for you positive feedback Red :) we are trying our best what we can do.

Well, we still have some scraggily ends to tie-up, with our Prequel content. However, we are making some real head-way with overall progression. Another minor update here, is that we've had to adjust some settings and A.I in our combat system, as what we'd tried to implement originally, had essentially "broken" the original feel of what makes the saber combat in these JK games, so great. So we're basically creating a new build, with no significant changes to the combat, other than adding a manual block function. We'll be sure to keep you posted, as we continue to move towards a public release.

yeyo JK, TheWhitePhoenix and Tompa9 like this
  • 2 weeks later...

However, we do have some problems with the cape and could use some further assistance with it. Unfortunately, tompa isn't able to do anything with it himself, as it's beyond his abilities. But we need the cape to cover far more of his shoulders and reach the bottom of his mask/helmet. As this is a Rogue One version of Vader we need, if anyone can assist or help out, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Merek likes this

However, we do have some problems with the cape and could use some further assistance with it. Unfortunately, tompa isn't able to do anything with it himself, as it's beyond his abilities. But we need the cape to cover far more of his shoulders and reach the bottom of his mask/helmet. As this is a Rogue One version of Vader we need, if anyone can assist or help out, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If you check out the Boba Fett/Jango model that has the Westar pistols modeled on the hips, that has a cape that comes to the front of his helmet. Check where it's weighed in the weigh mode in blender after selecting one of its vertex groups then repeat the process after editing Vader's cape
General Howard likes this

Seems like a perfect opportunity to actually learn something new instead of try to push work off to someone else.

Well, unfortunately for me right now, I'm without a PC and have been for a few months. Not to mention that we have designated modding areas for specific people and tompa is our resident modeller although others do chip in, if they have any helpful knowledge. So I've been having to rely on the team's input and help with general mod direction. Not ideal, but that's just the way it is right now.

Merek likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

We would like to show our fans recent Darth Vader model. We are trying to update our models to the most accurate form so that´s why this model has taken us a little bit of time and arguing. But we have finally decided on final form and there it is - two specific versions. First skin is related to Rogue One/ANH period and second is for ESB/ROTJ missions. I would like to thank @@dark_apprentice for providing us ported parts and also I would like to thank @@AngelModder for giving us permission to use his body textures. Rest of the parts like chestplate and controls are retextured and taken from original Toshi´s model. The last screenshot also shows are new "battlefront camera" view :)

udzy5bk.jpg

Dc0gFIo.jpg

ympsqDE.jpg

gcF0Gqt.jpg

Wtf... Who are all involved with these Vader models? These are by far(to me) the best looking that I've seen :0 Fluck

All these parts and textures are from authors mentioned in the credits and I´ve put it together and retextured it to be more accurate. Idea is 50 to 50% with @. We are discussing together each step :)

The problem with the port from @@dark_apprentice was that static cape. When you had an fighting stance, it looks very strange, like a pice of wood. Toshi's cape was a good result for that problem. May I ask, whats your solution is? But that stuff looks really awsome. Well done!

That´s pretty good question. As it is now for showcase to people we haven´t weighted it properly yet. But we can solve it in two ways: 

1. Weighten it properly

2. We´ll be giving Vader new animations for jumping and his fighting style. That "piece of wood" can be reduced by disallow him crouch rolls and giving him new jumping animation.

Delta-573 and General Howard like this

The problem with the port from @@dark_apprentice was that static cape. When you had an fighting stance, it looks very strange, like a pice of wood. Toshi's cape was a good result for that problem. May I ask, whats your solution is? But that stuff looks really awsome. Well done!

The problem we found (or should I say "I found") with Toshi's cape, was that it literally made the model look like a toy figure and because the cape didn't cover the shoulders, it looked like a piece of card just slapped on Vader's back, with minimum effort. So, this cape fits and makes the model look much better. We will also be giving him new stances and animations, anyway. But we'll keep doing what we can, to improve it. But we have to remember that the Quake 3 engine was never devised to handle cloth/cape physics.

Delta-573 likes this

Is it possible to add a battle arena mode where you choose the map, your character and who to fight? That is something that i feel is missing from the original release as you are limited to fighting only a handful of NPCs in the extras mode, and on the same map. 

Rebel_Jedi likes this