STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remaster of Movie Duels II)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for that positive and heartwarming post! We are trying hard to show you and other fans the most accurate movie feeling from this mod. Version 1 would be definitely released soon. Not now, not in August but maybe we can upload it in September. After that we will surely work on fixing bugs, adding updated models and so on. We would like to show you some teaser but unfortunately I don´t know if we are capable of creating it. But I hope someone in our team is! So stay tuned and thank you again for your support :)

Thank you so much for replying! :D I am so happy that this remaster is happening not only because its very unexpected, especially for a mod that hasn't been updated since 2009, but also because there has been a big drought of new, noteworthy, re-playable single player content, and mods. Ever since mods like KOTF randomly ceased development many have been longing for a true Star Wars gaming experience with the incredible combat system of Jedi Academy. Yes, Battlefront 2 EA is coming soon, but even they with their motion capture technology, billions of dollars, and professional coders have not even been able, or attempted to re-create these mechanics. Funny enough saber combat has actually gotten worse over the years. I guess that one programmer is the only that could recreate it for other titles, even though, yes, Battlefront does play differently as a whole. Anyways I cannot stress how excited I am for this mod and as I said, I am an experienced animator, modeler, digital artist in general, and video editor. I have been creating high quality animations, and trailers for years. If there is any room on this project I would be more than happy to create a teaser either by editing together your own rendered animations, or cutscenes using real gameplay, such as the original battlefront 2 did, or I can animate a trailer from scratch using the rigs you've already constructed. Have a great day and keep up the incredible work.

May the force be with you, always! 

General Howard likes this

Btw will this remastered mod add original trilogy missions too ? :)

Whatever happened to the force awakens conversion mod? I was really looking forward to that. Do you need any help continuing it or to at least release a demo or v1? Someone already made a mod where you fight rey and finn as kylo and vice versa during the end duel of tfa. 

Whatever happened to the force awakens conversion mod? I was really looking forward to that. Do you need any help continuing it or to at least release a demo or v1? Someone already made a mod where you fight rey and finn as kylo and vice versa during the end duel of tfa.

Dont want to write here about my mod,but dont worry im making the mod,just a little slowly.

Im waiting a little help from Tompa9. He is so kind cause he can help out the mod with 3 models :)

Im working on a little map what will be a training level with luke and rey. The kylo vs rey and poe fight is done. So yeah i will upload a very little demo soon ;) when Tompa will do the models ;P

Btw will this remastered mod add original trilogy missions too ? :)

Yeah, once we're done with the Prequel content, we'll be working towards adding the Original Trilogy and then hopefully, the Sequel era (if we get that far). There are still elements we could do with some help, though. But we can look to release v1.0 of the mod, in late September. Which would be more of a 'Beta' release. So all we can really say for now, is keep checking back here for new info.

Darthmichael18 likes this

Wow alright. 2 awesome mod questions answered at once! Woo! Not only is the best sp jka mod being remastered, but its getting the ot mod, and a lot more content! Plus, the force awakens mod is still in development? YES. Best day ever for me. My favorite mod and my previously most anticipated mod are gonna be released. The happiness is stronggggg with me! 

Dont want to write here about my mod,but dont worry im making the mod,just a little slowly.

Im waiting a little help from Tompa9. He is so kind cause he can help out the mod with 3 models :)

Im working on a little map what will be a training level with luke and rey. The kylo vs rey and poe fight is done. So yeah i will upload a very little demo soon ;) when Tompa will do the models ;P

You mean. The kylo, vs rey, and FINN fight, right? Rey never met poe in tfa. Can't wait to play the luke and rey training. I'd suggest to wait until the last jedi comes out to recreate the experience as best as possible. But ya. Cannot wait. :D 

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies to all, for the lack of updates recently, regarding the mod.

Unfortunately, due to team issues (hence the mod's stall in development, as of late), we've had to let @@Encritary go.

Due to the lack of involvement and participation on his behalf, recently.. The mod's first release has been delayed and has been dealt a set-back and the team, as a whole are in agreement with this decision.

So, we are now looking for and recruiting a new coder/scripter. If you have any experience with coding/icarus scripting/.ibi files, enjoy modding and are interested in helping with the development of this mod's progress, then by all means, put yourself forward, as we'd greatly appreciate having you on the team.

We do ask, however.. That you be an active and productive member of the team, as we would like to make the Beta/v1.0 of the mod, available for public download, as soon as possible.

Thanks.

We do ask, however.. That you be an active and productive member of the team, as we would like to make the Beta/v1.0 of the mod, available for public download, as soon as possible.

I know you're keen to get work done, but modding is always going to play second fiddle to people's RL concerns.

Jeff likes this

Oh yeah, I don't dispute that at all, Kualan. However, it seems that our contact with Encritary has become very scarce and limited, over the past month or so and he has shown no interest or enthusiasm towards the mod, even though he's been asked a number of times by various team members, to look into certain bug fixes. etc. This is basically down to his preference of choosing Minecraft over the mod's development. Which we do ask, that you put the mod's development before your own gaming needs. It's just beneficial to everyone involved and greatly increases the rate at which the mod can progress. Unfortunately, Encritary hasn't shown this commitment.

Just to clarify, as @@Tompa9 mentioned about this being done before November.. It will most likely be v1.0 or a Beta edition, as we look to continue work and improve on areas that need fixing and still need work. That's why we haven't set any concrete release date yet, as we just don't know how far away we are, from a full release. But rest assured, we'll keep you posted here.