STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remaster of Movie Duels II)

Ok, so while everyone's out celebrating.. Here's just an end of year update from @@yeyo JK, with our skyboxes and textures. Showing off the NEW Mustafar sky, first of all:

bZcH30H.jpg

oec549M.jpg

59zcGxP.jpg

Next up, we have the Tusken Camp (that Anakin goes to in Ep.II, to free his mother).. As you can see, from the first set of images (which were the original mod textures), the map looks too bright and not very authentic to the movie version, at all.

tLdWYNi.jpg

SAfazqM.jpg

Here's the same map, with edited and improved textures to be much more accurate and immersive:

rLC5Tkv.jpg

W3VMHeB.jpg

And finally, a couple of small changes to Darth Maul eyes, to try and bring out that realism in his face and capture the Sith look he had in the film (This may still need some minor tweaking):

YsjUMnJ.jpg

And closing out with the Jedi Temple library archives.. In the original mod, the lighting was more green, where as this has been updated, to be more accurate and changed to blue:

x4H29at.jpg

Vc2rcRB.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! We look forward to bringing you more updates and developments of the mod in 2018.

How come you went back to Hapslashes Anakin and Obi Wan models?

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come you went back to Hapslashes Anakin and Obi Wan models?

We didn't.. Don't worry. These are the "original" version of the assets that yeyo has been working with, while he updates the textures. He obviously hadn't updated his files, yet. But no, we are still using all the new models you've seen in this thread, previously.

@@LucyTheAlien Name of this project Movie Duels is perfect because this mod is mainly about duels from movies. MB2 is movie battles because there are battles - gunners shooting not only duels. For me it fits really well.

I think he meant the "2" at the end, cause he might not know there was a Movie Duels 1. The original Movie Duels, before Movie Duels 2, came out around 2008 and you had to unlock all the levels, and there was no rise of the empire chapter, menu looked different, etc. http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-movie-duels/downloads Scroll down, 4th from the bottom.

I think he meant the "2" at the end, cause he might not know there was a Movie Duels 1. The original Movie Duels, before Movie Duels 2, came out around 2008 and you had to unlock all the levels, and there was no rise of the empire chapter, menu looked different, etc. http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-movie-duels/downloads Scroll down, 4th from the bottom.

Seemingly, he is the only person in this thread that's so bothered by it. We're keeping the MD2R (Movie Duels 2: Remastered) name, until we've completed the mod. That way, it's a name that everyone's familiar with (as they'll no doubt remember and have fond memories, of playing the original mod). It also helps to keep our recognition for the mod, high. We're staying true to and respecting what came before, from Wector (who's no longer available, unfortunately). We may or may not make changes to the name when we've finished, but it'll be a team decision, whatever we choose. Can we please now, put this name business to bed and focus on the content in the mod, itself.. That's far more important, than tedious name alterations.

Thanks for making this.

Have a question: Is there any chance that you remove character dialogues in fights? (Because they were too annoying.)

I remember this mod had a bug back in the day.(when you kill younglings you may get stuck in that room.)

Hmm I don´t think we will remove dialogues. Taunts are really great addition to game itself. But I understand your point of view :D

General Howard likes this

Hmm I don´t think we will remove dialogues. Taunts are really great addition to game itself. But I understand your point of view :D

Can you make the taunts better? Cause whenever I play the original MD2 the taunts always overlap each other. So Sidious will be saying like three things at once. Its really annoying.

dg1995 likes this

Can you make the taunts better? Cause whenever I play the original MD2 the taunts always overlap each other. So Sidious will be saying like three things at once. Its really annoying.

Well, we've tried the Remastered version in the "Extras" area and seemingly, from what we can tell, this problem doesn't occur. At least I haven't come across it, anyway.

Tompa9 likes this

Well, we've tried the Remastered version in the "Extras" area and seemingly, from what we can tell, this problem doesn't occur. At least I haven't come across it, anyway.

Funny enough, that sounds like a bug I encountered back when I played with KOTF 2.0. I played as Obi-Wan (EP3) and whenever I walked he said "You were the Chosen One!" multiple times. The walk-taunt glitch, I think it's called. Random, but it's nothing too big.

Talking about the dialogs. Remember when in the old Movie Duels 2 the dialog was kinda chopped into pieces during the cutscene? Will that still be the case in your remastered version?

No, we'd had a thorough discussion within the team, before Christmas and all agreed that cutscenes will have the full audio from the movies. Plenty of sources for that on YouTube, so we're not short on scenes to use. This also saves a lot of time and effort trying to acquire or find the correct soundtrack's used for those scenes, with dialogue audio cut up to fit. We'll just re-animate the models during cut-scenes to fit the audio.

Since you don't want to remove the taunts, May you add some taunts from that episode 3 game ? Hyden voiced Anakin in that game.and some of the taunts are really great.("The chancellor was right.you betrayed me." for example.)

Maybe we can do separated soundpacks with some rips from this game that could be used during specific mission! :) good idea

Since you don't want to remove the taunts, May you add some taunts from that episode 3 game ? Hyden voiced Anakin in that game.and some of the taunts are really great.("The chancellor was right.you betrayed me." for example.)

That actually isn't Hayden Christensen's voice, it's the old 2003 Clone Wars Anakin voice Actor, Mat Lucas. Same with Obi-Wan, whom is portrayed by James Arnold Taylor. (Obi-Wan's voice actor actually carried over to the newish Clone Wars animated series. Ani's however, did not.)

But they do sound close!