STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remaster of Movie Duels II)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, let's hope there'll be more TFU characters (from Peneke pack for MB2) in the final release. I really think it'll be great to have those starkillers as a playable skis. And waiting for improved sabersystem with manual blocking - the mod aimed at dueling really lacks more intelligent and controllable one! Also there's an issue with Yoda: he has just one saberstyle available now, that's kind of pity. Well, all in all the Sidious stances and Vader speed balance are great, as wel as many other issues.

N.B.: You know, there's SO many characters now, but playing them feels just the same, comparing with Vader..
Maybe it's better to focus on character's quality instead of quantity ;)

If this is what the beta is like, I can not wait until the full version is released.  Really nicely done guys.  :winkthumb:

i've been playing a bit, and man it feels awesome, i really liked how you made vader, he really feels like him, could you guys release a separate version to use him in a normal jedi academy?

Thanks for your feedback guys! For that Vader we will see in the future :)

Delmi likes this

Hello guys,

This is first of many bug fixes! We will update this file quite often so I won´t add any further links there. Please check our MODDB page regularly for other updates :)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/movie-duels/downloads/movie-duels-bugfixv1

Star Wars: Movie Duels - bugfix V1 (05.05. 18)
==============================

Extract file zz_zMDbugfix_V1 into your MD2 folder!

It fixes:
- some NPC file edits
- broken Temple Guard saber hilt
- few broken animations during cutscenes (Obi-Wan´s backflip from platform on Mustafar lava river, Maul´s fighting animation during "Old Enemy" mission. 
- missing music for darkside Mustafar ending and also mistiming with the voice lines
- Emperor´s force lightning on masters of the force part 2 (changed to purple)

To get accurate saberglow effect you have to place file openjk_sp.cfg into your Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MD2\ folder. If it isn´t there, just try to find it somewhere else!

Enjoy!

dg1995 and LukeJM28 like this

Thanks for this awesome Beta it's so much fun.(It's great that you have also fixed some gameplay issues of the original one.)

I have faced these issues so far:

1.In duels of fate level it's possible to get stuck between the laser gates.(If you stay between them when they get close)

2.In masters of the force Palpatine might lose his force abilities in the jumping section.

Edit: 

Jedi Academy: Steam version

Graphic: GTX 970

CPU: Intel core i7 4790K

yeyo JK and LukeJM28 like this

i have some problems, when i click on star wars movie duels 2.bat ,it shows the error msvcp140 is missing,then i downloaded this dll,then i got another error, it says the prodecure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll,can fix that problems???

In the mission where you play as Yoda to fight Palpatine in the senate chamber, there's a second part of the fight which is a platforming mini-game.

The skybox of this room is a compilation of 6 screenshots taken from the map itself, which gives a really cool illusion of space that makes the mini-game possible.

However, when you look at the very bottom of the skybox, you'll notice the speaker's podium is both part of the map and the skybox simultaneously, which is jarring. I guess nobody expected you to look down?

I would suggest editing the bottom part with photoshop. It'd be less jarring to see a dark hole in the bottom of the map than the speaker's podium duplicated.

In the mission where you play as Yoda to fight Palpatine in the senate chamber, there's a second part of the fight which is a platforming mini-game.

The skybox of this room is a compilation of 6 screenshots taken from the map itself, which gives a really cool illusion of space that makes the mini-game possible.

However, when you look at the very bottom of the skybox, you'll notice the speaker's podium is both part of the map and the skybox simultaneously, which is jarring. I guess nobody expected you to look down?

I would suggest editing the bottom part with photoshop. It'd be less jarring to see a dark hole in the bottom of the map than the speaker's podium duplicated.

@@yeyo JK Could you please look at it? :) maybe enhance quality of Senate duel too?

yeyo JK and General Howard like this

G7HH9Cd.jpg

So far I have played every remastered mission in Movie Duels 2 beta, and I must say BRAVO! You all have made a massive improvement, personal favorite missions of mine so far were the Jedi Temple and Yoda's duel with Palpatine. It's extremely cool to see the new cutscenes! Tho if I could give some constructive feedback it would be to perhaps beef up the enemy hero's a bit and maybe polish the swing animations a little to reduce a bit of jenkyness (blue stance particularly).

I was also very curious about some of the models which seem to be unplayable and cause crashes? Namely the character models like Luke ESB, The Clone Wars models, Darth Vader, or any that do not use the base _humanoid. 

So I was wondering if these models may or may not be made compatible with the base _humanoid and released as standalone downloads in the future? I know I'm not the only one that would love to be able to use these models elsewhere like Movie Battles II or OPENJK for example, with permission of course.

General Howard, Delmi and DerFürst like this

G7HH9Cd.jpg

So far I have played every remastered mission in Movie Duels 2 beta, and I must say BRAVO! You all have made a massive improvement, personal favorite missions of mine so far were the Jedi Temple and Yoda's duel with Palpatine. It's extremely cool to see the new cutscenes! Tho if I could give some constructive feedback it would be to perhaps beef up the enemy hero's a bit and maybe polish the swing animations a little to reduce a bit of jenkyness (blue stance particularly).

I was also very curious about some of the models which seem to be unplayable and cause crashes? Namely the character models like Luke ESB, The Clone Wars models, Darth Vader, or any that do not use the base _humanoid. 

So I was wondering if these models may or may not be made compatible with the base _humanoid and released as standalone downloads in the future? I know I'm not the only one that would love to be able to use these models elsewhere like Movie Battles II or OPENJK for example, with permission of course.

Thank you :). To be honest I´ve never had crashes with Luke ESB or Obi and Ani. Only with Vader sometimes. Maybe in future but these are integral part of MD exclusivity now :)