STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remaster of Movie Duels II)

Is it possible to add a battle arena mode where you choose the map, your character and who to fight? That is something that i feel is missing from the original release as you are limited to fighting only a handful of NPCs in the extras mode, and on the same map. 

It could be maybe possible in the future but we are concentrating all our resources and powers to release stable build of prequel missions. After that we will work on adding new missions from original trilogy and sequels. We don´t want to change that to another KOTF that is already in work too :)

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue with the Vader cape, that I ported from Force Arena, was back at the time I released Vader (Rogue One / ANH era), I wasn't very familiar with the weight process. Go check my x-mas pack with TLJ Kylo Ren (uses same cape), already weighted so you can use it if you can't weight it on your own. Still it is not 100% perfect in game, but that's just because you need better physical moving in the JKA engine, which Q3 engine can't provide... You can either make new cape for him from scratch or just make new animations for Vader (that's about time, he moves too fast in JKA I'd to see him with similar to TFU animations and Rogue One "attacks" on "slow mo" if we can say so). 

TheWhitePhoenix and Tompa9 like this

This honestly looks phenomenal and is the thing I am most excited for as of the moment. I'm dying to play it but I also understand how hard it is to do something like this, and so I wish you the best of luck. Movie Duels II is what got me into Jedi Academy and i've must of spent hundreds of hours playing it. So I can't wait for the beta! I pray it's soon. Also - these models are looking sick. Especially the old Obi,  Rogue One Vader and Ahsoka. Though all of them look pretty gosh darn good! I wish you the best of luck and I have my fingers crossed that this can be played soon. Pitting Vader up against Ahsoka or Rey against Obi is gonna really rock. And dear lord, that glorious looking Obi against Maul is gonna be the best. Again, best of luck!

This honestly looks phenomenal and is the thing I am most excited for as of the moment. I'm dying to play it but I also understand how hard it is to do something like this, and so I wish you the best of luck. Movie Duels II is what got me into Jedi Academy and i've must of spent hundreds of hours playing it. So I can't wait for the beta! I pray it's soon. Also - these models are looking sick. Especially the old Obi,  Rogue One Vader and Ahsoka. Though all of them look pretty gosh darn good! I wish you the best of luck and I have my fingers crossed that this can be played soon. Pitting Vader up against Ahsoka or Rey against Obi is gonna really rock. And dear lord, that glorious looking Obi against Maul is gonna be the best. Again, best of luck!

Thank you for your support Matt  :) . And we have still few aces in our hands that weren´t even showed!  :ph34r:

Well, we aim to please.. And any developments or additions, you'll hear about in this thread, first. So, watch this space. There's no release date yet, due to the mod still being in a heavy development phase. I think it's pretty safe to say a full release should be available by May 4th, 2018 (which will also coincide with Star Wars day). But this is also done, to work with our team and give them plenty of time to address specific things, when they can. We are also finding and coming across aspects that we can improve and have the assets to do so, even if it's something we hadn't originally planned on. But thanks for your support.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, guys.. We need to ask a really BIG favour from someone. We desperately need an animator. Our current animator (@@Rilobax12) isn't able to help out until February, 2018 (which is a fair distance away), especially if we're looking to get the first, proper release of the mod out by 4th May. We need an animator to animate models in cut-scenes and assist with stances, while @@Sir Crusher works on the camera angles. Your name would also be included in the mod's credits, if requested. If you can help and are interested, we'd be happy to welcome you on-board. Once this is done, we can get the mod out for everyone to test and play.

Thanks!

**Edit **

@@yeyo JK, we need you back in the server, buddy. There's a list of various things to discuss.

Don't worry, my fellow Force users.. All will soon be revealed. We're hoping to have all the Prequel content in place and sorted, with how we want it, by early to mid-2018 (With the exception of any unknown bugs & glitches that might need fixing). I should (and I stress the word "should") have my new PC, by mid to end of January. Which is unfortunately why you've not really heard or seen any developments from myself (and @@Tompa9 has been keeping you guys informed and up to date), as I've been limited to mobile devices, for updates (REALLY sucks!!). But yes, rest assured.. We are progressing. Currently updating maps and their textures, which we think you'll be extremely pleased with, come release.

Don't worry, my fellow Force users.. All will soon be revealed. We're hoping to have all the Prequel content in place and sorted, with how we want it, by early to mid-2018 (With the exception of any unknown bugs & glitches that might need fixing). I should (and I stress the word "should") have my new PC, by mid to end of January. Which is unfortunately why you've not really heard or seen any developments from myself (and @@Tompa9 has been keeping you guys informed and up to date), as I've been limited to mobile devices, for updates (REALLY sucks!!). But yes, rest assured.. We are progressing. Currently updating maps and their textures, which we think you'll be extremely pleased with, come release.

i really hope you guys can reach that date you said and don't have that much of a problem, by the way, have you guys already found a new animator?

i really hope you guys can reach that date you said and don't have that much of a problem, by the way, have you guys already found a new animator?

Unfortunately no, not yet. We're still looking to recruit one. If you guys know of anyone who's interested and can help.. It'd be a big help to us, to progress quicker. But we won't leave this mod to die and will see it through to its completion.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Unfortunately no, not yet. We're still looking to recruit one. If you guys know of anyone who's interested and can help.. It'd be a big help to us, to progress quicker. But we won't leave this mod to die and will see it through to its completion.

what programs are used to animate in jkhub? cause i'm an animator student and i know to animate in maya

Ok, so while everyone's out celebrating.. Here's just an end of year update from @@yeyo JK, with our skyboxes and textures. Showing off the NEW Mustafar sky, first of all:

bZcH30H.jpg

oec549M.jpg

59zcGxP.jpg

Next up, we have the Tusken Camp (that Anakin goes to in Ep.II, to free his mother).. As you can see, from the first set of images (which were the original mod textures), the map looks too bright and not very authentic to the movie version, at all.

tLdWYNi.jpg

SAfazqM.jpg

Here's the same map, with edited and improved textures to be much more accurate and immersive:

rLC5Tkv.jpg

W3VMHeB.jpg

And finally, a couple of small changes to Darth Maul eyes, to try and bring out that realism in his face and capture the Sith look he had in the film (This may still need some minor tweaking):

YsjUMnJ.jpg

And closing out with the Jedi Temple library archives.. In the original mod, the lighting was more green, where as this has been updated, to be more accurate and changed to blue:

x4H29at.jpg

Vc2rcRB.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! We look forward to bringing you more updates and developments of the mod in 2018.