STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remaster of Movie Duels II)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

I´m currently working on obtaining permissions from authors of these models. I apology if I had did screenshot of your model without previous permission from you. It was just a presentation of our work, what we have in my mind, what we would like to do with the mod and how we feel it could look like. Peace :)

yeyo JK, Langerd and General Howard like this

I've got a suggestion to make in order to make the mod more skill-leaned. It's about a sabersystem that empathizes perfect blocks in a Movie Battles close style (looking with mouse) or either with manual block. But instead of using the Blocking Points resources, using the mishap meter of OJP (which in fact would be hide from the player). Autoblocking animations are triggered at cost of Force Points. The higher the mishap, the higher the loss of points (2 x mishap multiplier, starting in x0 from 0-9 mishap, x1 from 10 to 19, x2 if 20-29, etc). Also, your bounces and staggers will be longer depending on your mishap multiplier. Last thing is that mishap goes down very slow, but can be make to go faster by clicking fast defense button, at cost of not defending, of course. Also, strong styles (red, purple) will make more mishap damage, while fast ones will do less mishap damage, but trigger faster the autoblocking animations, and would be more difficult to perfect block. PB would stop triggering the autoblocking, avoiding then to loose Force Points and to mishap go higher. A couple of things more are in my mind.

I've got a suggestion to make in order to make the mod more skill-leaned. It's about a sabersystem that empathizes perfect blocks in a Movie Battles close style (looking with mouse) or either with manual block. But instead of using the Blocking Points resources, using the mishap meter of OJP (which in fact would be hide from the player). Autoblocking animations are triggered at cost of Force Points. The higher the mishap, the higher the loss of points (2 x mishap multiplier, starting in x0 from 0-9 mishap, x1 from 10 to 19, x2 if 20-29, etc). Also, your bounces and staggers will be longer depending on your mishap multiplier. Last thing is that mishap goes down very slow, but can be make to go faster by clicking fast defense button, at cost of not defending, of course. Also, strong styles (red, purple) will make more mishap damage, while fast ones will do less mishap damage, but trigger faster the autoblocking animations, and would be more difficult to perfect block. PB would stop triggering the autoblocking, avoiding then to loose Force Points and to mishap go higher. A couple of things more are in my mind.

Thank you but we dont want to change sabersystem just change some animations :)

Thank you but we dont want to change sabersystem just change some animations :)

Why not? :( It would be fun... Could your animations be used in other mod along with my ideas? Would you give permission? I mean, it would be such of a good thing as not to do it.

There is no Movie Duels 1, as 2 makes it's existence redundant. 1 was basically a demo.

The descision to name it "Movie Duels II" rather than "Movie Duels Prequel Saga" or anything along those lines has always been stupid. 

"Movie Duels Remastered" is what the title of this project should be. 

This is just detail :D :D 

General Howard likes this

Why not? :( It would be fun... Could your animations be used in other mod along with my ideas? Would you give permission? I mean, it would be such of a good thing as not to do it.

We don´t have coder yet. Also this project´s main goal is to remove old messy files and add the best possible models/skins/skyboxes/sounds/effects and some animations :) We don´t have skill to edit code or game mechanics for it

We don´t have coder yet. Also this project´s main goal is to remove old messy files and add the best possible models/skins/skyboxes/sounds/effects and some animations :) We don´t have skill to edit code or game mechanics for it

Oh, man, such a pitty. I know for good that MD II had some good ideas, specially in animations, but I do think that there should be something else than animations, but a strategy behind it, so that each style and character is played different way. This way the game would be even more enjoyable. I am currently in contact with someone that is developing his own engine, but actually would be nice to know if he could add some of your animations, or either if he would even be able to work along with you.

I do think that all the cool projects of making a new Jedi Knight Academy mode should work as one, in order to make one mod. One to rule them all and tie them deep into the dark side. Ok, no. But you get what I mean. One to be the mod of the mods. The one that will be almost as a new game, leaving every other behind. Would be cool.

Oh, man, such a pitty. I know for good that MD II had some good ideas, specially in animations, but I do think that there should be something else than animations, but a strategy behind it, so that each style and character is played different way. This way the game would be even more enjoyable. I am currently in contact with someone that is developing his own engine, but actually would be nice to know if he could add some of your animations, or either if he would even be able to work along with you.

I do think that all the cool projects of making a new Jedi Knight Academy mode should work as one, in order to make one mod. One to rule them all and tie them deep into the dark side. Ok, no. But you get what I mean. One to be the mod of the mods. The one that will be almost as a new game, leaving every other behind. Would be cool.

I think @ could reply you on this :D

Guest Redemption

@@Hels 

Could your animations be used in other mod along with my ideas?

but actually would be nice to know if he could add some of your animations

This thread is about remastering "someone" else's work. The animations are not his. This mod was made by Wector, he would know who made the animations or, he'd be the one to ask permission if he had made them.

Just fyi

@@Hels 

This thread is about remastering "someone" else's work. The animations are not his. This mod was made by Wector, he would know who made the animations or, he'd be the one to ask permission if he had made them.

Just fyi

Yeah, good luck trying to contact "Wector". He's not around, in any format. I've tried contacting him numerous times, via e-mails and such and absolutely nothing in return. It's like he's disappeared off the face of the planet, almost. Hence, why we've stepped up to "remaster" this mod, after nearly 9 yrs of nothing (no improvements, no updates.. Nothing).

Yeah, good luck trying to contact "Wector". He's not around, in any format. I've tried contacting him numerous times, via e-mails and such and absolutely nothing in return. It's like he's disappeared off the face of the planet, almost. Hence, why we've stepped up to "remaster" this mod, after nearly 9 yrs of nothing (no improvements, no updates.. Nothing).

When something like that happens, it's the result of a few things.

1. His computer died, and during the chaos of that, he lost all his social media passwords. It happens unfortunately, and no one knows his new social media.

2. He vanished cause he wants to. This has also happened before with many content creators, burn out and such usually are the results of that from what I've seen.

3. Anonymity. After two big mods, he wanted to vanish into the shadows. Hell, he could be on this website but we just don't know it's him. (I know that sounds like a conspiracy theory, but still.)

Either way, with what you guys are doing, updating his mod and what not, I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

Tompa9 and General Howard like this
Guest Redemption

Yeah, good on you'se for doing this, its a welcome update to Wector's mod. Its more of a community collaboration of what this communities subjective, "best features" are; a much deserved refurbishment. Akin to what OpenJK is doing to the base code so to speak, this remastering effort is bringing Movie Duels into this decade.

@@Hels So if Wector is uncontactable, you could probably use his works, just make sure to accredit him, the man/woman desrves it. If he resurfaces and is not to happy about people using his stuff, he'll let you know anyway.

TheWhitePhoenix and Ramikad like this

Yeah, good on you'se for doing this, its a welcome update to Wector's mod. Its more of a community collaboration of what this communities subjective, "best features" are; a much deserved refurbishment. Akin to what OpenJK is doing to the base code so to speak, this remastering effort is bringing Movie Duels into this decade.

@@Hels So if Wector is uncontactable, you could probably use his works, just make sure to accredit him, the man/woman desrves it. If he resurfaces and is not to happy about people using his stuff, he'll let you know anyway.

At the very best, if he/she is unhappy, hopefully the two parties can come to a compromise of some kind cause MD2 deserves an upgrade. :)

And hell, since this is making the opportunity to upgrade MD2, why not improve on it with some OT missions too? I mean if it's possible and everything, it couldn't hurt me pitching that too. I know that might be highly unlikely, but again, I wanted to pitch it. ^_^

We will be looking into this, at a later date. But for now, we're focused on the Prequel Era. First thing's first.

And hell, since this is making the opportunity to upgrade MD2, why not improve on it with some OT missions too? I mean if it's possible and everything, it couldn't hurt me pitching that too. I know that might be highly unlikely, but again, I wanted to pitch it. ^_^

There actually was a Movie Duels modification focused on the Original Trilogy, but was discontinued and all the original skins (some of which were really good IMHO) were seemingly lost.

rebels.jpg

ewoks.jpg

yoda.1.jpg

There's still a demo version available though.

yeyo JK and Delmi like this