Converting Multiplayer map into singleplayer

So this is most likely a dumb question, but is it possible to populate a multiplayer map (because there are so many good ones) with single player NPC's? I would love to load up a multiplayer map in singleplayer because they are so much fun, but I haven't found out how. 

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Yep. Open up the console (pressing Shift + ~, the key left to 1), then devmapall <mapname>, and once in-game, you can spawn whatever NPC you want typing in the console npc spawn <NPC name>, or if you feel epic enough, npc spawn vehicle <vehicle name>.

rlcrum17 likes this

Yep. Open up the console (pressing Shift + ~, the key left to 1), then devmapall <mapname>, and once in-game, you can spawn whatever NPC you want typing in the console npc spawn <NPC name>, or if you feel epic enough, npc spawn vehicle <vehicle name>.

How do I know the map's name if I download it from this site? 

You can open up the .pk3 file, either with Pakscape or as a .rar file, and look up in the folder maps/. An alternative would be typing in the console dir maps *.bsp, which will list all of the available maps, unless they're too many to be showed completely, and find the one you think it is.