Replacing a JA animation for a JO one???

Guest Redemption

Guest Redemption

Hi, as the title says, is this possible to do with glamerge?

Reason being is that there are already really good animation mods for academy and I'd like to take a few anims from outcast over to academy and vice versa with anim mods from academy to outcast.

• 2 weeks later...

No, the problem is that the 2 games use a different skeleton. Jedi Outcast had more bones, it had all the joints for the hands and had a bone for each toe. JA had no toe bone and only 2 fingers (excluding thumb) with only 2 joints each.

AFAIK the JA gla file has all the sequences that JO had plus the additional ones JA has (dual sabers, staff, kyle boss and tavion boss).

No, I ported them. I had to:

- convert the ENTIRE GLA to FBX using Noesis

- import into 3ds max

- constrain it to a "game ready" skeleton

- set a start and finish time so I can grab only the animation I'm wanting to port

- export to .XSI for carcass processing with the rest of JKA's base animations

You could create a GLA which just has the ported animation in it, and use GLAmerge to merge it in with the main JKA GLA though.

The only issue is that the old carcass version created GLA's with "jittering", which also gets ported. Would love it if Raven could release the JO animation source, as the cinematic animations from JO aren't present in the JKA GLA.

No, I ported them. I had to:

- convert the ENTIRE GLA to FBX using Noesis

- import into 3ds max

- constrain it to a "game ready" skeleton

- set a start and finish time so I can grab only the animation I'm wanting to port

- export to .XSI for carcass processing with the rest of JKA's base animations

You could create a GLA which just has the ported animation in it, and use GLAmerge to merge it in with the main JKA GLA though.

The only issue is that the old carcass version created GLA's with "jittering", which also gets ported. Would love it if Raven could release the JO animation source, as the cinematic animations from JO aren't present in the JKA GLA.

You *might* be able to reduce the legacy GLA jitter... by deleting (i.e., reducing) keys so that you only have keys every 8 frames or so... and thus let the animation controllers work between the keys... you can find scripts on Scriptspot to do this.  I would give this one a try:

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/gtvfx-anm-keyreducer